Singapore Expats Forum

Acne Scars

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
hatecorn333
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008
Location: West
Contact:

Acne Scars

Postby hatecorn333 » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 4:37 pm

:) Hi All ,

wanted to try out this coming 24th sep walk in.. but have some facial acne scars.. will there be any chance ? i have friends that told me that SIA will not *ban* those girls with acne scars from getting selected.. infact they have friends that has acne scars problem and were recruited.. anyone to clarify my thoughts ? if the chance is close to impossible.. then i will give the interview a miss.. 8-)

User avatar
hatecorn333
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008
Location: West
Contact:

My Mistake,,

Postby hatecorn333 » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 8:36 am

Sorry.. i mean this coming 21st... Oops :X anyone to reply me pls ?

dreamDimpossible
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 07 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: My Mistake,,

Postby dreamDimpossible » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 9:36 am

hatecorn333 wrote:Sorry.. i mean this coming 21st... Oops :X anyone to reply me pls ?


I've got acne scars as well...on my cheeks.and a very big injury scar on my right cheek. they are like holes...makes me lose confidence in goin for SIA walk-in as I see those stewardess has almost flawless skin..**envious. I'm goin for laser to improve my skin...hopefully next year I can walk into their interview hall...

Your question is juz want I wanted to ask...any response??sighz....

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu, 24 Jul 2008
Location: singapore

Postby ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 9:40 pm

Hi,

i think as long as it can be concealed & u can perform well, thy won't ban u.. :wink:
GOOD LUCK on 2molo!!! CHEERS!

User avatar
hatecorn333
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008
Location: West
Contact:

laser ?

Postby hatecorn333 » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 4:13 pm

okie.. can u let me know if ur laser works ? so that i can go as well ? i didny make it for my skin check... hmmmm... :( they are really looking for girls with pretty good skin comlexion... T_T

User avatar
hatecorn333
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008
Location: West
Contact:

Re: My Mistake,,

Postby hatecorn333 » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 4:15 pm

dreamDimpossible wrote:
hatecorn333 wrote:Sorry.. i mean this coming 21st... Oops :X anyone to reply me pls ?


I've got acne scars as well...on my cheeks.and a very big injury scar on my right cheek. they are like holes...makes me lose confidence in goin for SIA walk-in as I see those stewardess has almost flawless skin..**envious. I'm goin for laser to improve my skin...hopefully next year I can walk into their interview hall...

Your question is juz want I wanted to ask...any response??sighz....


let me know if your laser works ? i didnt mk it for the skin check... if ur laser if good .. kindly recommend me k ? thanks !!! :wink:

dreamDimpossible
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 07 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: My Mistake,,

Postby dreamDimpossible » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 5:14 pm

hatecorn333 wrote:
dreamDimpossible wrote:
hatecorn333 wrote:Sorry.. i mean this coming 21st... Oops :X anyone to reply me pls ?


I've got acne scars as well...on my cheeks.and a very big injury scar on my right cheek. they are like holes...makes me lose confidence in goin for SIA walk-in as I see those stewardess has almost flawless skin..**envious. I'm goin for laser to improve my skin...hopefully next year I can walk into their interview hall...

Your question is juz want I wanted to ask...any response??sighz....


let me know if your laser works ? i didnt mk it for the skin check... if ur laser if good .. kindly recommend me k ? thanks !!! :wink:


cool! i don't have the courage to go for the interview. don't worry! try again next time! check out National Skin Centre or Changi hospital. they provide laser resurfacing.I heard Changi hospital's cost a few hundred per sessions. NSC is more expensive, $1400-1700 per session for Fraxel laser..

User avatar
hatecorn333
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008
Location: West
Contact:

Postby hatecorn333 » Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:51 am

hey dream impossible.. not very sure if you will read this blog.. but i have finally done my fraxel treatment.. i think condition is really improving and i have been drinking lots of collagen to have effect faster...

if you are interested, you can reply again ? i will try my best to answer whatever that i can .. haha.

nipnip22
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue, 10 Oct 2006

Fraxel

Postby nipnip22 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 6:33 pm

hatecorn333 wrote:hey dream impossible.. not very sure if you will read this blog.. but i have finally done my fraxel treatment.. i think condition is really improving and i have been drinking lots of collagen to have effect faster...

if you are interested, you can reply again ? i will try my best to answer whatever that i can .. haha.


Hi hatecorn333,
How much did you pay for fraxel? And how much downtime is that?
Cheers,
Nip

autumn-winter
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 27 Nov 2009

Postby autumn-winter » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 5:31 pm

if ur acne scars aren't too bad i think just pick up some make-up technics to cover them up=)

Otherwise you could try BA or other airlines which places more emphasis on your professionalism than looks. CC in such airlines normally have a very long-running career with them=) My cousin has got very obvious acne scars on the cheeks but he's happily flying for BA for many years=)

I just had a bad acne outbreak abt a year ago and having scars now too.. =( Going to pick up scar-covering technics soon

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 6:30 pm

autumn-winter wrote:Otherwise you could try BA or other airlines which places more emphasis on your professionalism than looks.


Well maybe you should go have a chat with your cousin as it seems you haven't seen him in a while. BA are in serious financial difficulty having lost around 401 million last year. Therefore, they are not likely to be hiring anyone for a long time.

User avatar
hatecorn333
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 19 Sep 2008
Location: West
Contact:

Re: Fraxel

Postby hatecorn333 » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 7:46 pm

hi nipnip22,

aiyo.. i am so sorry.. one thousand apology.. i seldom go online..pardon for my late reply :o ..erm. i had my fraxel @ $5k nett for 5 session... you can choose to do either every one month / 3 week.

i havent really go for SQ interview yet as i think i want to have the maximum chance of getting in with *okay* skin before trying.. as i think its unwise to keep trying even if i know that i will definately get boot out with my current condition now..

i am turnnig 22.. within 6 months, i should be able to try again.. you ? are u suffering from Acne scarring too ?

ahdick9
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat, 26 Feb 2011

Postby ahdick9 » Sat, 26 Feb 2011 9:29 pm

how bad are your acne scars actually can i ask? how do one conceal?

wondercat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 09 Mar 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby wondercat » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 8:21 pm

Hi everyone! So does anyone get selected despite having acne scar? I had tried numerous concealers but don't seems to work. The girl said concealer can't really cover up holes. Currently looking for skin filler, anyone have recommendation?

Chrissie89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 25 Mar 2011

Postby Chrissie89 » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 6:16 pm

Should check out YouTube tutorials they help a lot for some scars. Bobbi brown, covermark, loreal, revlon, n this one other brand u can't recall what it's called... But u should always try the testers first. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests