Singapore Expats

Nurse in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
tewi

Nurse in Singapore

Post by tewi » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:00 am

Hi

I am a danish girl, 27 years old, living in Bangkok. Moved down here in March 2008 and wrote my bachelor here, I now have a bachelor degree in nursing.

My boyfriend and I love living in Bangkok, but I can't find any job here. The opinion at the hospitals here in Bangkok is, that they dont't wanna hire expacts nurses when there are a lot of nurses educated here in Thailand.

Now my boyfriend has been offered a job in Singapore and we are in the process of making our decision if we shall say yes and then move to Singapore or not.
The most important thing is that I can get a job. But I don't have any ideea of my chances getting a job i Singapore.
I have been reading the “letters“ here at chatforum and to say the least, I am not very optimistic..

Is it really true that it is so difficult to get a nursing job in Singapore?

We are flying to Singapore today and will stay a week or so, just to see the city, condominiums, I will go to some hospitals and so on.

If anybody have the time and would like to meet over a cup of coffee and share their experiences I would be gratefull.. Or maybe just write me a message. If would really be a great help, it can help us make a decision if we shall move to Singapore or not.

Thank you very much for your time and help

tewi