Singapore Expats Forum

Citizenship Application

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ashkale

Citizenship Application

Postby ashkale » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 9:33 am

Morning SG, I had applied for Singapore Citizenship 3 months back, I called them couple of weeks and the officer told me that it was in the final stages of processing, but no results were known yet..and asked me to call back this week. I called this week and the front desk told me that it was still under process and she was not able to give me any further information- except that current processing time is 6 months or more now.
Also in the meanwhile, CPF called me for a clarification on a salary slip which I gave to ICA(wonder how they got it??). Wonder whom should I speak to regards this and whats the likely take on the scenario here?
Many thanks!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 2:02 pm

Doh!

All government agencies are interconnected (when they want to be) but will tell you otherwise. Why do you think your Tax number just happens to be the same as your NRIC or FIN number? If you use SingPass why do you think they use your NRIC or FIN number? All roads lead to Rome. Don't you think, when applying for PR that ICA would try to verify all your claims in your application?

I would be sure everything is above board and without discrepancies and if there are you better have a good reason ready (documented). So if you have been receiving monies under the table or unreported or reporting more than your 'actually' earned in order to "qualify" for PR, then you might well be found out.

ashkale

Postby ashkale » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 7:52 am

Thanks mate- all is in order:) wonder why final stage of application became atleast 3-6 months? And would any one know how long this final stage last for a citizenship application?
cheers.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 6:07 pm

I think it's called desire. People are clamoring to become PR's & Citizens here. I believe applications are arriving at a rate of almost 400 a week or better according to some sources. This puts a strain on the existing civil servant base and let's face it, civil servants aren't the most energetic of employees. If it only take 6 months consider yourself lucky. If you were a US Permanent Resident (Green Card) and applying for Citizenship you could have been waiting up to 18 months now. And they are STILL backlogged saying it could take up to 3 years to clear the backlog.

ashkale

Postby ashkale » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 4:50 am

very well said, its always been a human desire to migrate and for most lands to welcome new migrants- just that now a days you need to do certain things in order for it to be called so apart from picking up a direction and walking! The green card/ naturalization system in certain countries including the USA is downright atrocious, and I hope Our Singapore never goes that route.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:27 am

Governments welcome immigrants, citizens don't. :wink:

ashkale

Postby ashkale » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 1:26 pm

Duh, Governments are of the people, by the people and for the people init Abe Lincoln?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 6:13 pm

](*,) #-o You really believe that? :shock:

ashkale

Postby ashkale » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 8:28 pm

Tried asking Abe Lincoln regards Singapore, Never heard back from him , yet..

rsm296

Re: Citizenship Application

Postby rsm296 » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 5:26 pm

ashkale wrote:Morning SG, I had applied for Singapore Citizenship 3 months back, I called them couple of weeks and the officer told me that it was in the final stages of processing, but no results were known yet..and asked me to call back this week. I called this week and the front desk told me that it was still under process and she was not able to give me any further information- except that current processing time is 6 months or more now.
Also in the meanwhile, CPF called me for a clarification on a salary slip which I gave to ICA(wonder how they got it??). Wonder whom should I speak to regards this and whats the likely take on the scenario here?
Many thanks!

Hello, did you get any news related to your citizenship application decision?
Thanks.

sarurmd

Postby sarurmd » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:18 am

Hi ashkale,

Any updates on your citizenship application?

Thanks