Singapore Expats

Anyone recommend an orthodentist for 6 year old?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Thaiclan
Chatter
Chatter

Anyone recommend an orthodentist for 6 year old?

Post by Thaiclan » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 8:50 am

Hi, I noticed last night that my 6 year old has 2 adult teeth growing in the weirdest place! They have popped up on the lower jaw halfway between the base of the tongue and the base of her milk teeth. She hasn't lost any milk teeth yet.
I'm going to take her to an orthodontist asap but would really appreciate a recommendation if anyone has any experience with orthodontists in Singapore.

mothbhai

Post by mothbhai » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 1:10 pm

We see Dr. Ong at GPA Dental for my 4 year old. He's very good with kids and doesnt recommend intervention for the sake of it. You can call them and check what his timings are since he goes to diff clinics on diff days.

www.gpadental.com

ffsgrelier
Regular
Regular

teeth

Post by ffsgrelier » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 8:25 pm

Hi Thaiclan

No need to worry, it is a normal position of eruption and the new teeth get positioned in the right space by the pushing effect of the tongue once the deciduous teeth fall out. Better bid your time before involving an orthodontist. The movement of the new tooth will help erode the root of the deciduous tooth even further and help it 'wooble' more until it falls.
Hope the tooth fairy is ready with plenty of cash. Kids seem to know exactly what the going rate is through their class mates :)
Hop this message helps.

Thaiclan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Thaiclan » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:34 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. We saw a very friendly dentist and orthodontist at Camden Medical Centre. they recommend giving it to around Xmas to see if the milk teeth start to wobble at all (nothing at the mo) and if not maybe extract the milk teeth to make room and cause less overcrowding, the only problem being is that it will require 4 milk teeth to make room for the 2 adult teeth. Here's hoping they fall out before then!