Singapore Expats Forum

getting older every seconds but I have still achieve nothing

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Re: gd morning!

Postby Addadude » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:16 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Wanna get rich quick? Sacrifice everything else in life to the pursuit of making money. Cut corners, if you have to... like melamine in baby formula. Step on the back of others and never give a sucker an even break... if they were brighter, they'd be like you. Take all offers of help, but never give any... it will cost you. Try to skew the game so that the unempowered and disadvantaged stay that way. Bribes are OK because they pave the way to what you want. Pay all your future employees as little as possible so that you can make as much as possible. Cheat on your taxes. Screw your small suppliers who have no way to collect from you. Don't give to charity, keep it for yourself. Drag as many suckers into whatever game you have going and keep their money... it can't be your fault... if they were as bright as you they wouldn't be suckered. Always be looking for the 'deal'... and don't worry about the character of your associates. Howzat?

Thank you Master! Now I know what I've been doing wrong my whole life! You've basically condensed all taht tere is to know about business into one short paragraph. Absolutely brilliant!

Strong Eagle

Re: gd morning!

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:57 am

Addadude wrote:Thank you Master! Now I know what I've been doing wrong my whole life! You've basically condensed all taht tere is to know about business into one short paragraph. Absolutely brilliant!

Not business... getting rich quick. I run my own business. I believe in life/work balance, fairness to employees, and that having fun will bring the financial rewards.

To become truly wealthy requires as much luck as hard work.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:57 pm

SE, thanks for the long, carefully-considered replies, I've been reading them over and over, and am checking into Kerley, a new one to me.

[changed "SF" to "SE"]
Last edited by EADG on Sat, 20 Sep 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 7:11 am

EADG wrote:SF, thanks for the long, carefully-considered replies, I've been reading them over and over, and am checking into Kerley, a new one to me.

He is in Houston, EADG, has another website called www.bkspeaks.com. You can listen to a lot of his talks on the Ordinary Life website.