Singapore Expats Forum

Dead End

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Answers?
Regular
Regular

Postby Answers? » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 9:31 pm

road.not.taken wrote:If you answer yes to 3 of these, then he has an addiction.

no diagnosis, no assumption? :-|

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 7:17 am

Answers? wrote:

Nope, just giving her a tool to gain a better understanding, which may lead to a diagnosis.

pongtch

sorry for the late reply

Postby pongtch » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:33 am

road.not.taken wrote:
Answers? wrote:

Nope, just giving her a tool to gain a better understanding, which may lead to a diagnosis.

Thanks for the response. My huuby and I are in our late 20s and he is somehow addicted coz it's kind of releave for him. I also hate it when pple nags at me but I'll still nag at my hubby and emphasize that I care about him, that's why I nag. He does make an effort to spend time watching TV programme with me everyday. Hence, I'm quite contented.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: sorry for the late reply

Postby ksl » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 11:24 am

pongtch wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:
Answers? wrote:

Thanks for the response. My huuby and I are in our late 20s and he is somehow addicted coz it's kind of releave for him. I also hate it when pple nags at me but I'll still nag at my hubby and emphasize that I care about him, that's why I nag. He does make an effort to spend time watching TV programme with me everyday. Hence, I'm quite contented.

I can only give my personal opinion, that if he is gaming more than having sex, than something needs to be said :lol: Seriously you must be more open and lay all the cards on the table, giving him an ultimatum, will send shivers down his spine or not!

Either way, you get your message across that you cannot take it anymore, stop nagging, nagging gets on anyone nerves.

Ever time my wife nags, I ask her if she is looking for a divorce, although i laid down the ground rules before i married her, and she also did the same she tends to forget now and then, so a reminder is a good thing. We don't often argue and when we do, we forgive each other within about 15 to 20 minutes, bang our heads on the wall, and go to it, in the sack, there is nothing worse than taking each other for granted.

But my policy is to be very open indeed, the Mrs is the opposite, she will hide and sleep or want to be left alone, when something bothers her, providing its no me, if its me, then she will nag, so I get the message and correct my errors, for a little while, I should say for as long as i can get away with it.

The computer is a big problem, and it wouldn't be the first time i have thrown a brand new laptop, if it comes between me and the wife....Next it will be the bloody TV...I never watch it often, but both my daughter and wife are glued to it. So my suggestion is to be more open and to the point, give the ultimatum if you feel you have to!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 3:10 pm

magm100 wrote:
I am married with a wife and a beautiful 2 year old.

Aside from the odd sentence cosntruction . . . with all the ugly adults in the world what surprises me is that no-one has ugly childen.

No offense, magm100, none whatsoever, I'm sure your two-year old is beautiful . . . this raises the question, however:

Where do ugly adults come from?

Hmm, food for thought there . . .

Oh, right. Yes, the principal problem is the gaming crap . . . my nephew is addicted and he lives in denial . . . he spends real money on imaginary weapons and thinks it is a normal thing to do . . . his friends are in the gaming community . . .

One bit of advice: Don't have children! Get this whole thing sorted out first a the additionof a child may just aggravate the situation and then you're stuck with a child, surely a beautiful child on top of everything else

'nuff said Image

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 7:55 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
magm100 wrote:
I am married with a wife and a beautiful 2 year old.

Aside from the odd sentence cosntruction . . . with all the ugly adults in the world what surprises me is that no-one has ugly childen.

No offense, magm100, none whatsoever, I'm sure your two-year old is beautiful . . . this raises the question, however:

Where do ugly adults come from?

Hmm, food for thought there . . .

Oh, right. Yes, the principal problem is the gaming crap . . . my nephew is addicted and he lives in denial . . . he spends real money on imaginary weapons and thinks it is a normal thing to do . . . his friends are in the gaming community . . .

One bit of advice: Don't have children! Get this whole thing sorted out first a the additionof a child may just aggravate the situation and then you're stuck with a child, surely a beautiful child on top of everything else

The only question that arises is your sense of values :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 8:14 pm

The way V. dotes over his? Nah, his values are fine. It's his warped sense of humour that takes some getting used to. :cool:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 8:30 pm

bigfilsing wrote:The only question that arises is your sense of values :D

Are you stalking me with your worthless drivel? If you have nothing constructive to add then why not shut the $#@! up . . . just a thought.

The way V. dotes over his? Nah, his values are fine. It's his warped sense of humour that takes some getting used to.

I take exception to the word 'warped'. Or was it the word 'humour' I object to . . .

Oh, since when does a good ole boy use the letter 'u' in that manner?

Careful, Homeland Security is looking for subversives like you, being an outside agitator and all . . . :cool:

'nuff said Image

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:07 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:The way V. dotes over his? Nah, his values are fine. It's his warped sense of humour that takes some getting used to.

I take exception to the word 'warped'. Or was it the word 'humour' I object to . . .

Oh, since when does a good ole boy use the letter 'u' in that manner?

Oi! It took 25 years to influence him for the better. Don't you go leading him astray again.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:46 pm

I use the 'u' just to spite the MS spell checker! :wink: