Singapore Expats Forum

New to Singapore - looking to meet people.....

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
gif
Regular
Regular

Postby gif » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:58 pm

Hi to all
For watching the F1 race on TV (must check on which channel however) I'm arranging the details. Here's the first: one friend has offered his apt. for he's got better TV set, near Orchard road. It's gonna be a sort of dinner, each brings something, as we often do in Italy (and probabl do people all around the world).
Since apt is not extra-size, just normal one, let me know who's interested.
So far I received an e-mail from Carmen Carmen.
Let me know!
PS For those moving from jurong west, can share the cab, or the MRT trip...

gif
Regular
Regular

Postby gif » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:03 am

ekspatriet wrote:Hey Diane, if you’re looking for friends to hanged-out with drop me an email and we could arrange something. And Francesca, I would love to join in for the walk if it’s on for this Sunday. Let me know Okay. BTW, I’m a local, mixed-blood, 35yrs old female looking to expand my circle of friends and socialize. Cheerios!

ekspatriet@hotmail.com

:shit:

Hei, sounds the bridge is attractive to many! I was thinking actually to go on Hari Raja, on 1st october, wednesday.
For this suday I was longing for the swimming pool...
I think I can PM now, so to those who wanna come to pool and those who wanna go to the bridge, PM me, or as usual, sms or mal or skype

Crystal milk

Hi there...

Postby Crystal milk » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 4:40 pm

Hmmm... Nothing jux wan to noe frend. I'm 19 from bukit timah, wan to noe more äbt me jux drop me a mail ngcfoong1226@yahoo.com.hk :wink:

Dutchess36

Upcoming arrival

Postby Dutchess36 » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 8:28 pm

Hi Diane and Friends,

I have been checking your communication as I am planned to arrive in Singapore in about 3 weeks time. Will be working in Harbour Front area and temporarily living in Orchard. I am not a couch potato and it would be great to hang out with M/F my age (I am 36F). If I can hook up with your frequent get-togethers that would be great!
I can be reached at: maura.geertsma@bcdtravel.co.uk (ps. I am from Holland)
Bye for now! :D

Diane McF

Swimming pool on sunday

Postby Diane McF » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 5:55 pm

Hi gif/Francesca,

Sorry, i could not reply to your side email (I still have not posted enough mgs apparently) but YES to the pool this Sunday. I think i'm actually very close to you anyway. Just let me know the time and how to recognise you (and perhaps how to get into your pool area etc).

My damn phone is not working right (I have to get it fixed on Monday) - I can RECEIVE texts, but I cant yet reply! (so if you text me I can just call you back). Cheers.

Diane McF

Form 1 on TV

Postby Diane McF » Sat, 20 Sep 2008 6:01 pm

Hi again,

Just saw the post - re the formula one TV night on Ochard road - sounds like fun and I'd be up for bringing a food dish too....

Will get details off you tomorrow at the pool, but if space remains, do include me in the list. Am happy to share cab or do the MRT together.

Cheers

gif
Regular
Regular

next gatherings

Postby gif » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 9:10 am

F1 race TV watch still got room!

Bridge walk on 1st October: looks like I picked the worst day I could, ev'rybody seems to be busy or somewhere else, so needs to be rescheduled (to the sunday?)

In this way I have no plans for the Hari Raja... :cry: : any1 got smart suggestion?

nori

Re: next gatherings

Postby nori » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 2:05 pm

hi....

i'm local F/39.. will love to join u girls sometime.. i love to travel n love to make new friends..

Which sunday is the bridge... i might want to join...do msn me..
nono969@hotmail.com

gif wrote:F1 race TV watch still got room!

Bridge walk on 1st October: looks like I picked the worst day I could, ev'rybody seems to be busy or somewhere else, so needs to be rescheduled (to the sunday?)

In this way I have no plans for the Hari Raja... :cry: : any1 got smart suggestion?

Dolores

Postby Dolores » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 9:03 pm

Diane McF,

Welcome to Singapore!! I have been living in Singapore for about 2 years but I still struggle to meet people here, so to some extent I am new too!!

I guess I devoted too much time to my job but those days are over... I am moving to a new job so I will have more time to catch up with friends. I have no idea where you live as I live near CBD; however, we can find a place in the middle to meet.

Cheers,
Dolores

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby kingajit » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 5:07 am

Dolores wrote:Diane McF,

Welcome to Singapore!! I have been living in Singapore for about 2 years but I still struggle to meet people here, so to some extent I am new too!!

I guess I devoted too much time to my job but those days are over... I am moving to a new job so I will have more time to catch up with friends. I have no idea where you live as I live near CBD; however, we can find a place in the middle to meet.

Cheers,
Dolores

u r not the only one.....i have been here for over 5 yrs and i am sad to say..i am struggling to meet people...unfortunately i work shifts and that adds to the woes(......or is that jus an excuse :? )

ekspatriet

Postby ekspatriet » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 2:47 pm

Hi ladies, can I suggest for the next outing or event that maybe we could go for brunch, lunch or high tea etc (whichever anyone fancy) on Saturday, 4 Oct 08? So, let me know if anyone is interested in joining Okay. Cheerios! :mrgreen:

PS: Open to suggestions on the venue and it doesn’t have to be anything fancy or expensive but somewhere we could enjoy great company, good food and drinks in a casual setting.

ekspatriet@hotmail.com

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby kingajit » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 2:56 pm

ekspatriet wrote:Hi ladies, can I suggest for the next outing or event that maybe we could go for brunch, lunch or high tea etc (whichever anyone fancy) on Saturday, 4 Oct 08? So, let me know if anyone is interested in joining Okay. Cheerios! :mrgreen:

PS: Open to suggestions on the venue and it doesn’t have to be anything fancy or expensive but somewhere we could enjoy great company, good food and drinks in a casual setting.

ekspatriet@hotmail.com

Hi ekspatriet,
great initiative....i am tied in the morning...however if anything is on the eve...i am in.
:D

gif
Regular
Regular

Postby gif » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 9:37 pm

Hi eks!
count me in! I work in the morning, but am back home around 12 noon

If some good location comes to my mind I'll post. I tend to prefer open-air, if I can place some prereference...
I think the "locals" who joined the topic could suggest...

If u meet before I'm free I can just join u later, after a good shower!

nori

Postby nori » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:05 pm

hi.... Cannot join you girls this Saturday got to go visiting with family.

I can suggest a few places for you.

I suggest that you girls go to Bukit Timah hawker center (near to beauty world shopping centre). They have good food there, should try their hokkie mee or 'carrot cake' Chinese style :)
or maybe 'Holland village' can go for western style will let u know the name of the cafe.

This is all the outdoor eating seating :)

gif wrote:Hi eks!
count me in! I work in the morning, but am back home around 12 noon

If some good location comes to my mind I'll post. I tend to prefer open-air, if I can place some prereference...
I think the "locals" who joined the topic could suggest...

If u meet before I'm free I can just join u later, after a good shower!

borababe

F1 dinner

Postby borababe » Fri, 26 Sep 2008 2:48 pm

anybody has any updates on F1 on TV on sunday....?