Singapore Expats Forum

New to Singapore - looking to meet people.....

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Diane McF

New to Singapore - looking to meet people.....

Postby Diane McF » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 9:04 pm

Hi there, you must get sick of these regular 'I'm new!' emails....but here is another one...

I'm new to Singapore (2nd week today), recently moved here by myself (I'm female/36 years) and living what seems quite far away in the West (Jurong - not that far from Chinese Gardens).

I'd be interested in knowing what the best way is to meet other people living here (ie any other new people who are keen to explore together?) and particularly interested to know if there are any activities that occur this far out west.

Have just moved from Fiji, but originally from the Cook Islands (closest to New Zealand for those who are not sure where the Cook Is are!).

Heres looking forward to meeting new people in whats going to be my new home!

gif
Regular
Regular

Postby gif » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:11 pm

hi there!
I'm also new here, only 5 weeks, but I've been working and nothing more!
I live in Chinese Garden too, am italian, 34F.
So far I canot be ver helpful about activities in Jurong, as I'm still trying to settle in my new life, but sure let's keep in touch. Unfortunately I'm quite busy during the week, so the best I can get on working days is a beer after dinner; on weekends I'm usually around, and on sundays, depending on weather, I enjoy the swimming pool (I have a giant one in my condo). If I'm not working this sunday would you like to meet at my swimming pool?
I live in Lakeshore condo, it's in Jurong West str. 41, about 200 m from Lakeside MRT.

You can either e-mail me (mail address in the profile), skype me at gif_dbo, or even sms me at 97237645.

BTW, my name is Francesca

Diane McF

Postby Diane McF » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:26 pm

Hi francesca - I could not find your email in your profile (and apparently I have to submit more posts before I have the priviledge of a one to one reply) so I'll try to skype you tomorrow instead.

Catching up on Sunday by your pool sounds great - i think we may live relatively close to each other - I'm also very close to lakeside MRT, in Parc vista apts, almost across the road from the Lakeside stop.

It sounds like we have similar schedules (working, working working) so Sunday sounds good.

thanks.

reds

Postby reds » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 1:13 pm

Hi Ladies

I'm also a single female over 30, living in Jurong west and have another female friend in the same boat. Our lives also pretty much revolves around work here but we make a point of going out on Friday & Sat nights so if you would like to join us to do something this Friday or Sat, let me know.
My e-mail add is redsam23@gmail.com if you cannot PM as yet.

gif
Regular
Regular

Postby gif » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:42 am

My email is francesca.giordano@inwind.it or kisono_@libero.it, whichever comes easier, I check both regularly.

I'm OK for swimming pool and for hanging out, preferrably on sats (as sats I'm working).
If any1 willing to come down on sunday (if not raining....), I'll be in swimming pool, possibly with a friend (italian, M, funny)
SMS me 97237645 (I think I also cannot PM for the time being)

Of course I'm also open to other proposals...for example a walk on that strange bridge in Southern Ridges (cannot remmber the name). Well, whatever!

BTW, I'm trying, with some other italian friends, to organize a sort of dinner for next sunday to watch the F1 race on TV. I'll post details if I succeed

amit_agrawal

Hi

Postby amit_agrawal » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:57 pm

xx
Last edited by amit_agrawal on Wed, 07 Jan 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

travelgemz

Hi Diane / Francesca

Postby travelgemz » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Diane,

I'd like to get to know more people here in Singapore too :) I live closer to town center (near City Hall / Bugis Junction), but wouldn't mind getting to know Jurong! Like you guys, I'm 36/F. Am Indonesian working here in Singapore.

You can call or sms me at 96675761 :) And if there is a gathering coming up, let me know what I can bring to the party!!

cheers!

monkey&cat

Postby monkey&cat » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 4:36 pm

gif wrote:Of course I'm also open to other proposals...for example a walk on that strange bridge in Southern Ridges (cannot remmber the name). Well, whatever!

U r right, that call Southern Ridges. The 4km route starts at Harbourfront MRT Station, then pass Mount Faber Park, Henderson Waves (an undulating bridge ), Telok Blangah Hill Park and Hilltop Walk and ....... It's a beautiful trail to walk. I have been there once, and very like to go back again and again. :)

Francesca, I'll email you for more details and c if we can make the Southern Ridges walk become a real plan.

BTW, I'm a 33 single female, and start to work in Singapore since this year. Willing to meet more girl friends in similar age.

amit_agrawal

hi

Postby amit_agrawal » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 4:51 pm

I also working around Bugis

ajspy43

hi

Postby ajspy43 » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 7:15 pm

hi im aj a local guy in my mid 30s
love to meet new people to exchange view or maybe meet up for drinks.
u can email me at ajspy43@yahoo.com

Diane McF

Postby Diane McF » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 9:09 pm

Hi Francesca,

I'd be up for the walk on Sunday too if it takes place (but am also open to the idea of lazing in your pool also).

My email address is: dmcfadzien@wwf.sg

and my number is: 97239517

piglet27

Postby piglet27 » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:32 pm

Hi all

I'm 36/F local chinese. Keen to meet up with new friends. I can be reached at hot_alkl@hotmail.com

ekspatriet

Postby ekspatriet » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 8:36 am

Hey Diane, if you’re looking for friends to hanged-out with drop me an email and we could arrange something. And Francesca, I would love to join in for the walk if it’s on for this Sunday. Let me know Okay. BTW, I’m a local, mixed-blood, 35yrs old female looking to expand my circle of friends and socialize. Cheerios!

ekspatriet@hotmail.com

:shit:

dorint

Postby dorint » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:59 am

Hi there,

I'm also quite new here stayed for about 3 weeks.
everyday is pretty much same here for me working or boring myself...
So count me in!
I'm for any sports activities, arts and travelling.
majebi22@gmail.com

bridgetval

hi diane mcf

Postby bridgetval » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 3:29 pm

hey,

Hey, my name is bridget, am a singaporean, and would like to take around singapore and would like to introduce u to many more people that i know...dont worry u will like them...if ur interested u can gimme a call at 92980696 or email me at bridgetvalerie9@hotmail.com. hope to hear from you soon. take care.