Singapore Expats Forum

EP process from 2 differents Company, any harm in that?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

EP process from 2 differents Company, any harm in that?

Postby kimtaymour » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 9:51 pm

Hey guys, now that i got a job the EP headaches comes in.. in fact Company # 1 applied for it but got rejeted so we went for an appeal.

While waiting for the appeal which doesn't garentee me anything ye , and I have nothing in hand or safe.... Company # 2 called me up and by next week they'd like to apply for an EP too...

Will there be any clashes if MOM receive my EP's appeal Form and then they see another fresh EP application from another company...any bad things can happen or how? :roll:

Though both company are really willing to fight till the end to get me in but its not fun do the waiting because the cash can runs low anytime... i need your help/suggestions please !

Knowing that company # 1 wanna make the appeal after rejection with a salary of 2000! (Knowing that for EP it MUST BE 2500) can they work it out (the company is real huge and respected but I personnaly don't think that MOM cares about that right?)

any answer at the earliest will be of a great help :???:
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 2:16 pm

So much of views no comments? weekend is over guys i need I know that

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:43 pm

You don't post enough information for anyone to make an informed decision.

a) What is your expected monthly salary? (My Edit - $2,500 is the minimum salary for a Q1 pass. Your potential employer is bullshitting you if you think they will get you for $2,000. Demand the $2,500. Why not? You won't get the pass unless you make this much.

b) Is your university in the list of acceptable universities on the MOM website?

c) Did you pass or fail the EP qualification on the MOM website?

Provide some useful info and we will get back to you. Could be that your first rejection is because of a stupid company or bad job description...could be the second company will do better... could be you don't qualify and even the best company cannot hire you.

More info, please.

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:33 pm

Alright here goes the full info...

the company insisted to appeal with a 2000 SGD, and according to the HR executive his HR Manager said we'll make it through.. no clue how.. though I insisted on 2500 SGD but as you said its bullshitting and I think they are just not taking what I say INTO CONSIDERATION THOUGH I TOLD THEM THAT !!!

my university is in the list of acceptable universities on the MOM website.

I have passed the assessment test on the MOM website but for a "S PASS"...! Though I can't find my position so i selected system admin. but when i select the salary betweeen 2500 to 2999 I pass it for EP !

It the first rejection till now and my job description is as Systems Engineer... The second company i asked for 3000 SGD and by tomorrow or day after they'll get back to me surely they won't make it below 2600 I told them that CLEARLY...

I jsut don't won't that the MOM receive 2 appllication from me.. if they can make it through I have no problem but if it'll create problem then i'll have to say to one company ciao and stick with the other one

many thanx SE

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 8:26 am

If the second company is willing to pay you 2600, and the first company will not cancel the application for EP then I would prepare a letter for MOM, explaining the circumstances, mainly, that the first company is not paying you as much as you need for an EP, whereas the second company will.

Needs to be done properly but it would seem that if the first company is trying to file an appeal even though they don't meet minimum qualifications then MOM would certainly understand why you would not work for such a company.

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 3:06 pm

Hmm understood now...I'll wait forthe second company to ring me up now and finalize things then will take it from there.

But the MOM won't mind if 1 person have 2 EP application from 2 different company??

What do you mean by a letter properly done..pleasse shade some more lights SE

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 3:50 pm

Oh yes forget one thing SE, is there a way i can track or follow up my appeal process online or by going to MOM or they don't have such things ?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 6:06 pm

kimtaymour wrote:Oh yes forget one thing SE, is there a way i can track or follow up my appeal process online or by going to MOM or they don't have such things ?

First of all, be clear that it is not YOUR appeal process, it is the company's appeal process. You cannot apply for an EP, only the company can. The status of the appeal can be checked but all you will get is 'approved, rejected, or in process' and the company will know this within 24 hours of the decision anyway.

You need to approach things in a logical order. First, has the second company offered you a job? If yes, more than $2,500? If yes, then they should apply for an EP. If not more than $2,500 than you will be rejected with them as well.

If the second company has filed for an EP with more than $2,500 salary, then you should request the first company to void their appeal. If they will not do so, you write a nice letter in which you state that the first company cannot get you an EP but they refuse to stop the appeal, and that you wish MOM to stop the appeal as you are going to work for a company that will pay enough to qualify for an EP.

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:09 pm

Thank you so much SE, well the company have not yet offered the job though they are interested... I am gonna call them up tomorrow to see how it goes and hopefully good...at least if Company 2 is with me then I can play my game.. for now patience for sometime...

But If my EP not approved after the appeal of company 1 will MOM consider the S Pass (of course if company 1 asked for the later to be considered if EP not approved)?

One more thing if i'd like to check my appeal status, what do i need to PM you? I think i saw a post where you offered a forumer you can check his status if memory doesn't trick me of course. heehee

AJAJ

Postby AJAJ » Thu, 28 Jun 2012 6:46 pm

kimtaymour wrote:Thank you so much SE, well the company have not yet offered the job though they are interested... I am gonna call them up tomorrow to see how it goes and hopefully good...at least if Company 2 is with me then I can play my game.. for now patience for sometime...

But If my EP not approved after the appeal of company 1 will MOM consider the S Pass (of course if company 1 asked for the later to be considered if EP not approved)?

One more thing if i'd like to check my appeal status, what do i need to PM you? I think i saw a post where you offered a forumer you can check his status if memory doesn't trick me of course. heehee

hi Kimtaymour, did you ever get a successful work visa in singapore?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 28 Jun 2012 7:28 pm

AJAJ wrote:
kimtaymour wrote:Thank you so much SE, well the company have not yet offered the job though they are interested... I am gonna call them up tomorrow to see how it goes and hopefully good...at least if Company 2 is with me then I can play my game.. for now patience for sometime...

You do realize this is a four year old post you are replying to?

AJAJ

Postby AJAJ » Thu, 28 Jun 2012 7:40 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
AJAJ wrote:

Haha yes I am in a similar situation as you now and someone in the tread mentioned about you.
That's why

So ever successful?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 28 Jun 2012 8:28 pm

AJAJ wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
AJAJ wrote:

Haha yes I am in a similar situation as you now and someone in the tread mentioned about you.
That's why

So ever successful?

Here's a clue. The last post he made was in Dec, 2010. He made no posts at all in 2009. Good luck.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Jun 2012 8:57 pm

But Kimtaymore is still in the area. Malaysia to be exact. I get emails from him periodically. That's why he's not on the board. He still hasn't been able to get into Singapore. He thinks (and so do I) that his nationality may have something to do with it. He's from Djibouti with French schooling. He's had a few other job offers with the same results. He also has a twinned degree from Sunway in Malaysia twinned with a UK university.