Singapore Expats

Any good preschool in tampines/semei

Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
rachel123

Any good preschool in tampines/semei

Post by rachel123 » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 5:37 pm

Hi,
i reacently joined the forum. I will be shifting to Tampines st 33.just want to know if there are any good preschool in tampines and simei for 2-3 hours/per day.iam looking out for my son who is 2 years and 4 months.

Regards,
Rachel
rachel

dudevinod
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Post by dudevinod » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 5:38 pm

Contact me if u wish.. .. 9185725.. my colleague has a 4 yr old son.. who is studying in Simei..She has done a lot of research before she enrolled him. I also have a couple of other friends who send their child for a couple of hours to East Point Mall (6th floor)..

Cheers,

Vinod

tyo_f

Post by tyo_f » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 6:00 pm

Hi Vinod,

My parents have recently moved to simei and would like to know more about preschool and childcare in simei.

Can you email me [email protected] on the information of the preschool and childcare in simei?

You heard of moriah, maris kidz school house and eureka at sunrise?

Are they any good ?

dudevinod
Chatter
Chatter

Hi.

Post by dudevinod » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:48 am

Hi there! Try Star Learners or Apple Tree..

My son is 2yrs.. 6 mths old and he is doing well at Star Learners in Simei. Apple Tree is also pretty good.

best regards,

Vinod

tyo_f

Post by tyo_f » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:53 am

Hi Vinod,

Whereabout is star learners? Apple tree is at simei blk 155 ? Do you know how is their programme like?

I visited maris kidz school house at blk 165, their principle quite nice but i dont really like their programme. and one of their teachers is from philipines teaching english ?

vidya463

Post by vidya463 » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:11 am

tyo_f wrote:Hi Vinod,

Whereabout is star learners? Apple tree is at simei blk 155 ? Do you know how is their programme like?

I visited maris kidz school house at blk 165, their principle quite nice but i dont really like their programme. and one of their teachers is from philipines teaching english ?
Do you think its strange for Philipines teaching english? Did you speak to the teacher?
Keep smiling like a flower
Which never bothers about its death.

tyo_f

Post by tyo_f » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 9:20 am

No i didnt speak to the teacher i thought it will be rude. I feel uncomfortable for a philipino teacher to teach english, my maid is also from philipines and she also has a degree from there. Many a time, she still find it difficult to understand me...

SingLife

Post by SingLife » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:24 am

Either you are not normal or you are a troll. First one seems more of a possibility.

You mean you had a maid in India who speaks as good english as you or the nearest school English teacher?

tyo_f

Post by tyo_f » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:32 am

SingLife

You are so rude. This is just my thoughts. and i use the word uncomfotable and i am not cristising. what makes you by saying i am not normal or a troll. This is a topic for preschool and its for parents who are sharing thoughts.

bhauranya
Regular
Regular

Post by bhauranya » Thu, 15 Jul 2010 2:29 pm

tyo_f wrote:No i didnt speak to the teacher i thought it will be rude. I feel uncomfortable for a philipino teacher to teach english, my maid is also from philipines and she also has a degree from there. Many a time, she still find it difficult to understand me...
I think its inappropriate to compare a teacher with a maid just on the basis that they are from the same country.

You should have a casual chat with the teacher and judge her based on that :-)
Dont't be serious, be sincere!!

vlim

Re: Hi.

Post by vlim » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:15 pm

dudevinod wrote:Hi there! Try Star Learners or Apple Tree..

My son is 2yrs.. 6 mths old and he is doing well at Star Learners in Simei. Apple Tree is also pretty good.

best regards,

Vinod
hi vinod, i'm looking for a half day childcare programme around simei/tampines, and have visited a few, including star learners. could i know what you feel are the strengths of this centre? i had a chance to speak to the supervisor, but they do not allow observation of their classes, so i'm quite clueless about how and what the teachers teach, etc.

which other centres did you and your friends visit/research? if it's not convenient to post here you could also send me a pm.

any feedback from any other parents is also welcome! thanks!

Premi

Post by Premi » Mon, 11 Mar 2013 1:25 am

There is a prodigy preschool at Tampines st 45. They are very good... It's a new set up but you should have a look at the centre. Both my kids love the place and the curriculum

Premi

Post by Premi » Mon, 11 Mar 2013 1:26 am

Prodigy preschool tel : 67856607