Singapore Expats Forum

Ladies over 35

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
JMEL

Ladies over 35

Postby JMEL » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 9:23 am

Are there any ladies in the 35-40 ish age group out there? Although I am open to meeting friends of any age I always feel old when I go out these days and would love to make some friends in my own age group.

I'm here with husband (no kids yet) UK/39 years old. We live on the East Coast

Hope to hear from some of you soon

Jules :D
Last edited by JMEL on Sun, 16 Nov 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Currant

Postby Currant » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:44 am

Hi Jules,

I'm 36, no kids, originally from Malaysia, moved back from Europe to Singapore beginning of this year having spent 2 yrs in London and 7 in Italy. Husband works all the time. I work as well, so no long lunches or mid-morning/afternoon teas for me during the week either! Would like to expand circle of friends esp. around our age group. I live in the Orchard area. Let me know if you want to catch up for coffee over the weekend, or a drink in the evening, or lunch during the week (I am in Suntec), whatever works...

Thanks,
K

travelgemz

Ladies over 35

Postby travelgemz » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 4:40 pm

Hi Jules / Currant,

I'd like to make new friends too. I'm Indonesian, living and working here after having lived in a few countries (Kenya, Madagascar, Ethiopia). It would be nice to meet up for coffee / lunch / weekend activities.

I live and work around the City Hall / Suntec / Bugis Junction area.

You can give me a call or send sms at 96675761. Hope to make your acquaintance soon!

Lemme know!

~gemz

ekspatriet

Postby ekspatriet » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:35 am

Hey Jules, I’m a local, mixed-blood, 35yrs old female looking to expand my circle of friends and socialize. So, if you have anything plan for a get together let me know Okay. Cheers!

ekspatriet@hotmail.com

:shit:

gif
Regular
Regular

Postby gif » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:14 am

I'm F 34 italian and doing my best to find friends here! Count me in!

sharon_is

Postby sharon_is » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 3:27 pm

please count me in.

My email at sharon_junior@hotmail.com :D

JMEL

Postby JMEL » Sun, 21 Sep 2008 8:13 pm

Hey everyone thanks for all your responses - let arrange to meet up - any suggestions?

Currant

Postby Currant » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 9:56 am

How about meeting up for drinks after work next week? Around 7.00 pm on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Would have suggested this week but the mess with the road closures for the F1 is making it quite difficult to move around. Is anyone going by the way? I can't wait, got tickets ages ago, can't believe it's finally happening.

GIF - would love to catch up with you to practise some Italian! Mio marito e' italiano ma a casa parliamo sempre in inglese...

Hope to see you all soon.

JMEL

Postby JMEL » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:09 am

How about Tuesday evening (I think that Wednesday is a public holiday -October 1st?)

ekspatriet

Postby ekspatriet » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 2:14 pm

Hi ladies, I would love to join everyone next Tuesday but I’ll be busy with Hari Raya preparation that’s on the next day. But I hope you ladies will have a good time on that night. Btw can I suggest for our next outing maybe we could go for brunch, lunch or high tea etc (whichever anyone fancy) on a Saturday? Let me know Okay. Cheers! :mrgreen:

ekspatriet@hotmail.com

ekspatriet

Postby ekspatriet » Mon, 22 Sep 2008 3:29 pm

Further update on the above topic here ladies ...

Date: Saturday, 4 October 08
Event: Brunch, Lunch, High Tea etc (base on majority votes)
Venue: TBA

So, let me know via email if anyone is interested in joining Okay. Cheerios! :mrgreen:

PS: Open to suggestions on the venue and it doesn’t have to be anything expensive or fancy but somewhere we could enjoy great company, good food and drinks in a casual setting

ekspatriet@hotmail.com

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Postby Leone and John » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 8:40 am

would love to but we will be away.....

being a public holiday on the Wednesday, we are making it a very l o n g weekend and going to Batam!

ENJOY. :-)
Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]

JMEL

Postby JMEL » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 1:58 pm

I also can't do that weekend or the weekend after - weekdays evenings are better for me I'm afraid - hope you have fun and keep us all posted for the next event :)

Currant

Postby Currant » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 5:15 pm

If Tuesday next week (30 sept) is still good for at least a couple of us, could I suggest meeting at 7.00 pm at Brotzeit (newly opened at Raffles City, quite curious to try it out). Hopefully the F1 mess will be clearing by then...

Open to any other suggestions as well, Orchard Rd area would be good for me as I live in the area.

ete

Running, exercising

Postby ete » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 5:05 pm

If any of you are interesting in going for runs or exercising with me, let me know anytime! I am also a yogi so of course am also open to yoga practices.