'Proper' swimming pools

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
Paul_W
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:42 pm

'Proper' swimming pools

Post by Paul_W » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 7:58 pm

I'm looking for a condo at the moment and one of my top priorities is a 'proper' swimming pool. What I mean by that is something at least 25m long and rectangular ie not a funny shaped thing that makes it difficult to plough up and down in.

Can anyone recommend their pool?

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 5:23 pm
Location: Nassim hill

Post by QRM » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 8:12 pm

The last two place I stayed at had very nice pools.

The Loft and The Grange Residence

Paul_W
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Paul_W » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 9:18 pm

QRM wrote:The last two place I stayed at had very nice pools.

The Loft and The Grange Residence
Hmm, certainly the one at The Grange looks unusually long and lap pool like. Thanks!

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 5:23 pm
Location: Nassim hill

Post by QRM » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:29 pm

Take it from me it is really long I nearly died trying to do a length :lol:

mrsfingers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:16 am

Post by mrsfingers » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 9:33 am

The Anchorage. The edges of the pool are a bit of a fancy shape but the main bit is long and rectangular. And despite the size of this place, not that many people use the pool.

User avatar
ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1667
Joined: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 6:42 pm
Location: A More Lucky Spot

Post by ScoobyDoes » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:09 am

My condo has a proper rectangular lap pool plus a really big casual pool and a separate kids pool......but it's ont the West side and i know how much people dislike it out here :roll:

Hithnar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 6:48 am

Post by Hithnar » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 2:10 am

I live in Changi Village, and our condo has a really nice regular sized pool + additional pool for kids. But the location is a killer :-|

Paul_W
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Paul_W » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 2:58 am

mrsfingers wrote:The Anchorage. The edges of the pool are a bit of a fancy shape but the main bit is long and rectangular. And despite the size of this place, not that many people use the pool.
Yep, that looks OK if it doesn't get too busy. My old place in Loyang Valley has a lovely pool 25 x 12 ish but it only takes a few kids fighting widths to become a pain.

Paul_W
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Paul_W » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 2:59 am

ScoobyDoes wrote:My condo has a proper rectangular lap pool plus a really big casual pool and a separate kids pool......but it's ont the West side and i know how much people dislike it out here :roll:
Would you like me to try to guess the location?!

Paul_W
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Paul_W » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 3:01 am

Hithnar wrote:I live in Changi Village, and our condo has a really nice regular sized pool + additional pool for kids. But the location is a killer :-|
The location's a killer? How so? Love the village restaurants and pubs.

Hithnar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 6:48 am

Post by Hithnar » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 1:12 pm

I live in Changi Green condo, near Changi Court, and its like 25 minutes walk from any shop (aside the overpriced 7eleven), and the buses there can take you to Simei, but no direct bus to take you back home :roll:

Paul_W
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Paul_W » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 3:24 pm

Hithnar wrote:I live in Changi Green condo, near Changi Court, and its like 25 minutes walk from any shop (aside the overpriced 7eleven), and the buses there can take you to Simei, but no direct bus to take you back home :roll:
Nice looking pool though! It looks massive.

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 7:39 pm
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Post by snowqueen » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 9:07 pm

Costa Del Sol also has a big long lap pool - not sure of the lenght though. It also has a big leisure pool as well - neither get particularly busy.

Taoism32
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 6:01 pm

Twin Regency

Post by Taoism32 » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:25 pm

The pool at Twin Regency is huge. I think it is bigger than an olympic size, it is roughly rectangular. Also, the complex has roughly 200 units and so the pool is hardly used. Twin Regency is in Tiong Bahru which is close to the center of town.

here_i_am
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by here_i_am » Fri, 19 Sep 2008 6:38 pm

How about the pool at the Gardens at Bishan?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests