Singapore Expats Forum

coffee addict

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Alcie

Postby Alcie » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 9:12 pm

Hi there & Happy New Year!
Am a newbie to this forum (starts today) but have been working in sg for 4 years. Female and yes, fitting in the age range of this club quite aptly. Would love to join the coffee gang. Do let me know if there is any gathering. Thanks!

dawgbyte
Regular
Regular

Postby dawgbyte » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:54 am

Is this a meetup or gathering statistics?

Anyway, I like black. I feel that I can only appreciate coffee as it is. I love TCC because of nice food too. I also prefer coffee bean than starbucks, but not sure why. Maybe a friend has influenced me in a subliminal level.

Alcie

Postby Alcie » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 9:21 pm

I like 'Old Town' white-coffee.... from a charming & relatively slow-paced town called Ipoh in the Perak state of Malaysia. The coffee is similar to those we get from 'Kopitiam' here but it carries a more 'sentimental' taste (to those of us from Malaysia).

MichNg

Postby MichNg » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 6:42 pm

Hi hi... im addicted to coffee too!!.. so if anyone up for it.. lemme know.. i normally prefer black or skinny latte..

snowieee

Postby snowieee » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 4:12 pm

angelica000 wrote:Hi, angelica here, 29/f, is there any girls around who wants to meet for cup of coffee?

Hi.. count me in... coffee lover too... :wink:

funksg
Regular
Regular

coffee gathering..

Postby funksg » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 5:12 pm

hi coffee lovers..
seems everybody is waiting for others to take first step..
ok...
lets plan on friday 13th.is it ok day for all..
i know it sounds weird..hehe..
friday the 13th , starbucks at cityhall ?
any suggestions..
keep pouring in..

snowieee

Postby snowieee » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 5:58 pm

Alcie wrote:I like 'Old Town' white-coffee.... from a charming & relatively slow-paced town called Ipoh in the Perak state of Malaysia. The coffee is similar to those we get from 'Kopitiam' here but it carries a more 'sentimental' taste (to those of us from Malaysia).

I have tried the one in KL, Sungei Wang. Not very fantastic.. :wink:

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Postby porridge0000 » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 8:55 pm

think there's one coming up on this coming Sunday... 01 Feb at TCC... maybe you all would like to check it out, and join in... I'll mostly be going too...

Alcie

Postby Alcie » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 11:56 am

snowieee wrote:
Alcie wrote:I like 'Old Town' white-coffee.... from a charming & relatively slow-paced town called Ipoh in the Perak state of Malaysia. The coffee is similar to those we get from 'Kopitiam' here but it carries a more 'sentimental' taste (to those of us from Malaysia).

I have tried the one in KL, Sungei Wang. Not very fantastic.. :wink:

Hi snowieee
I guess it's a matter of preference and to some extent (esp in my case for liking the old town) it's influenced by familiarity. Btw, what is good here? I am checking out for places where we can have Vietnamese coffee.

LaBellaVita78

Postby LaBellaVita78 » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:15 pm

I have seen 3-in-1 Old Town White Coffee avalible in some supermarkets as well.

Hope_oz

Postby Hope_oz » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 9:06 pm

Hi there,

I've just come to Singapore from Melbourne, Aus (latte capital of Australia) - lurrvee coffee but was shocked to enter Starbucks today and see a small latte for more than $5 dollars. Does anyone know where you can get a good latte and good atmosphere for a more reasonable price (am willing to travel anywhere for the right brew)??? Already tried some coffee at TCC - didn't impress very much.

Thanks,

Hope

nassaugirl

hmmm still looking for the right place

Postby nassaugirl » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 8:52 am

I have not yet found a reliable day to day coffee shop here , aside from a couple of the brunch type places which were pretty good.

So far: The Green Room, Prive and PS Cafe have done a reasonable job!

I just want a strong latte that isn't bitter and isn't filled with overheated milk! (Definitely fussy!!)

MichNg

Postby MichNg » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:25 pm

Hey I used to stay in melbourne too!.. missed the lattes there... coz i cant find the small coffeeshop kinda lattes here.. mostly need to get good lattes from a franchise place like starbucks. Thats the best option here..