Singapore Expats Forum

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
eeyore-
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 02 Sep 2011
Location: Singapore

Re: Hi

Postby eeyore- » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 6:43 pm

ben317 wrote:
Rosemoon wrote:Anyone has any idea when the next jetstar international interview would be?


Hi Rosemoon, JQ is holding a walk in on the 25th of this month. Details are as follows:

Date - Tues, 25 Oct 2011
Time - 9am to 5pm
Venue - Mercure Grand Roxy Hotel
Dress Code - Business attire

Remember to bring originals and photocopies of all Educational certificates, Passport and IC.

Hope this helps. All the best!


Hi ben317..
Is this walk in interview, this month? or october? coz i read you said
walk in interview this month, then on the details, i saw october?
thank you.. :)

felicia goh
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby felicia goh » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 1:57 am

Hi eeyore-,

Ben317 just realized that he made a mistake, interviews are on the 25th of next month (Oct).

eeyore-
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 02 Sep 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby eeyore- » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:38 am

felicia goh wrote:Hi eeyore-,

Ben317 just realized that he made a mistake, interviews are on the 25th of next month (Oct).


Hi felicia,

Thank you.. i tried to check online about those details, but i didnt see..
Do you have any idea where to check it?
thank you.. :)

felicia goh
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby felicia goh » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:41 am

eeyore- wrote:
felicia goh wrote:Hi eeyore-,

Ben317 just realized that he made a mistake, interviews are on the 25th of next month (Oct).


Hi felicia,

Thank you.. i tried to check online about those details, but i didnt see..
Do you have any idea where to check it?
thank you.. :)


As i know JQ only advertises their recruitment on Today paper...
you may check it there... :)

eeyore-
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 02 Sep 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby eeyore- » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 3:14 pm

felicia goh wrote:
eeyore- wrote:
felicia goh wrote:Hi eeyore-,

Ben317 just realized that he made a mistake, interviews are on the 25th of next month (Oct).


Hi felicia,

Thank you.. i tried to check online about those details, but i didnt see..
Do you have any idea where to check it?
thank you.. :)


As i know JQ only advertises their recruitment on Today paper...
you may check it there... :)


Thank you for the info..
Appreciate it much.. :)

m0nkey
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011

Postby m0nkey » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 1:48 pm

dun give up.. u still got time to train... u just need to swim 50m.
any kind of swimming style will do and as long as you finished 50m
anyway, swimming test is the last and not that critical.

you have to more worry about the three rounds of interviews before that.

felicia goh wrote:i cannot swim without a life vest, can i still go for JQ interview?
as i know, swimming test is part of interview for JQ... :(

m0nkey
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011

Re: Hi

Postby m0nkey » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 1:51 pm

eeyore, where did u see it? can u take a snap of adv and post here?

eeyore- wrote:
ben317 wrote:
Rosemoon wrote:Anyone has any idea when the next jetstar international interview would be?


Hi Rosemoon, JQ is holding a walk in on the 25th of this month. Details are as follows:

Date - Tues, 25 Oct 2011
Time - 9am to 5pm
Venue - Mercure Grand Roxy Hotel
Dress Code - Business attire

Remember to bring originals and photocopies of all Educational certificates, Passport and IC.

Hope this helps. All the best!


Hi ben317..
Is this walk in interview, this month? or october? coz i read you said
walk in interview this month, then on the details, i saw october?
thank you.. :)

eeyore-
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 02 Sep 2011
Location: Singapore

Re: Hi

Postby eeyore- » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 3:54 pm

m0nkey wrote:eeyore, where did u see it? can u take a snap of adv and post here?

eeyore- wrote:
ben317 wrote:
Rosemoon wrote:Anyone has any idea when the next jetstar international interview would be?


Hi Rosemoon, JQ is holding a walk in on the 25th of this month. Details are as follows:

Date - Tues, 25 Oct 2011
Time - 9am to 5pm
Venue - Mercure Grand Roxy Hotel
Dress Code - Business attire

Remember to bring originals and photocopies of all Educational certificates, Passport and IC.

Hope this helps. All the best!


Hi ben317..
Is this walk in interview, this month? or october? coz i read you said
walk in interview this month, then on the details, i saw october?
thank you.. :)


hi monkey..
it was ben317 who posted the walk in interview, i tried to check for that
ad also but i didnt see.. maybe we can ask ben317.. im interested though to go on this interview,, what about you? :)

m0nkey
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011

Re: Hi

Postby m0nkey » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:59 pm

i think ben information is insider information. lol
normally the advertisement is in the newspaper 2wks before the walk in.

i already went and got in.... waiting for the next ground school training.

Here is the step of walk-in process as much as i can remember.

First round, start at 9am,
-Document check and then take height and weight measurement + colorblind check
-fill the application form and wait for a short interview.
-interview wil last about 15 minutes. wil ask some intro and some "why" questions. like wat you know abt customer service? why u wanna become CC and so on.
-then u can go back and wait for their call in the evening. If you got the call, you are advancing to second round. they wil ask you to bring swim gear and amenities. (my advices, please get goggles)

Second Round;
-will be assigned intro group. (10 pax per group)
-they wil do presentation abt Jetstar (pls remember the facts as much as you can) and series of activity will kick off.
-1st activity, intro yourself. (according to my experience, dun be aggressive or say the wrong words or bad things about ur current/prev job, it doesnt help), this is individual act.
-2nd activity, a topic is given. (different to each group) and the group have to divide two sides and one wil be on the agree and another will be opposition of the topic. you have 5 mins to note down the info and 3 minutes to present infront of everyone.
-3rd activity, you will be given 7 persons(student, mother, policeman, doctor etc) and life raft is meant for 6persons, each group have to represent who wil be taken out and with the reason.
-4th activity, you are given 7 pieces of geometric shapes and need to construct them into the big square. this is individual act.
-5th activity, 20 MCQ will be given and you have to answer. most are basic maths and knowledge abt jetstar, if u remember presentation or study abt them, wont be a problem.

those activities will be finished around 1130am. you have to wait outside and wait for another shortlist to advance to 3rd round. if you reach to third round, the chance is more than 90%.

Third Round.
-will be in-depth presentation about Jetstar and Working life & pay. also Q&A session.
-after the presentation, wait for ur name to be called and you will go through another 1-2-1 interview. Hard Grilling and wil take more than 30 mins.

Then finally, its swimming test. any swim style will do as long as you done the 50m.

All the best and good luck. haha too bad we cant send private message here. so any questions, just post it here and i wil try to check this forum as frequent as i can.


eeyore- wrote:hi monkey..
it was ben317 who posted the walk in interview, i tried to check for that
ad also but i didnt see.. maybe we can ask ben317.. im interested though to go on this interview,, what about you? :)

felicia goh
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby felicia goh » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:49 am

Hi m0nkey,

Thanks for your encourage and the detailed information...
JQ cabin crew interview seems like more complicated than 3k... :???:
anyway would like to give it a try... no harm to try right? (although i can't swim... :? )

m0nkey
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011

Postby m0nkey » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 2:08 am

sure why not.... and u can start training with easy style with the target of 50m. ;0 and swim test doesnt really carry huge %. all the best

felicia goh wrote:Hi m0nkey,

Thanks for your encourage and the detailed information...
JQ cabin crew interview seems like more complicated than 3k... :???:
anyway would like to give it a try... no harm to try right? (although i can't swim... :? )

eeyore-
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 02 Sep 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby eeyore- » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:18 am

Thank you monkey for sharing your experience,
it sounds very tough..
Hope to join the next walk-in interview..

Felivcia, hope that we will also have the chance
to experince what they've experience..

m0nkey
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011

Postby m0nkey » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:28 am

Give ur best shot... JQ sound complicated but its not aesthetics as SQ.
as long as your social and team work are good, you wil get to fly.
and its expending... =) may be my ground school will be together with you all if you all got in...

still no harm trying, and if u pass through, its a profit.
frankly i am nervous while i have to wait outside the room.
but during the interviews/activities, i completely forgot that i am in interview.

eeyore- wrote:Thank you monkey for sharing your experience,
it sounds very tough..
Hope to join the next walk-in interview..

Felivcia, hope that we will also have the chance
to experince what they've experience..

intoxicat
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri, 17 Jun 2011

Postby intoxicat » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 9:10 pm

so anyone going for the jetstar interview on 25th oct? wanna go together?

eeyore-
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 02 Sep 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby eeyore- » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:44 am

intoxicat wrote:so anyone going for the jetstar interview on 25th oct? wanna go together?


I will be going. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests