Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:26 pm

i got 2 friends already received their call to sign contract on 26 dec.
i havent received mine:( when is my turn to fly.....

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:29 pm

r they ex crew? cos both my frens r ex crew from UA.
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 8:14 am

one is ex-crew from china airlines and the other one is not ex-crew

fienjr

jetstar international

Post by fienjr » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 4:22 pm

I've received the call from Jetstar to go on the 26th to review the contract. Similarly I've also heard back from 2 of my friends that they have received the call. To all who have received their calls, feel free to PM me if you would like to meet?

All the best to everyone! Give them some time I guess, it's also because it's the holiday season...

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 4:31 pm

i guess they aldy more or less made all the calls out...no more chance for me. :shit:
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

Capri
Regular
Regular

Post by Capri » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 5:04 pm

ive got an email, saying im shortlisted BUT for the next available intake (not too sure when)... :)

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 5:29 pm

did they call u before sent you email?? i didnt receive call and email at all

Capri
Regular
Regular

Post by Capri » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 5:35 pm

sakiya wrote:did they call u before sent you email?? i didnt receive call and email at all
No phone calls received, just received the email as follows...

Dear All
On behalf of XXX, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for employment in the position of Cabin Crew on secondment to Jetstar Airways Pty Limited, subject to medical examination and police certification (Certification of No Criminal Conviction - CNCC). As there are no vacancies at the present for the training school commencing in Feb 09, we will put you on a hold list for the next available training school. As soon as I have details of the next training school, I shall be in touch with you again. Meanwhile, should you have any questions, please feel free to email me or XXX Here's wishing you and your family a fabulous Christmas and a prosperous New Year 2009. Kind regards XXX

* Names have been removed due to privacy reasons *

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 5:53 pm

Capri wrote:ive got an email, saying im shortlisted BUT for the next available intake (not too sure when)... :)
me too!!..next available intake..the current batch,they will be starting their training on the 2nd of feb..so most probably, we will start sometime in march?..april?..phew!..what a relieve!..at least we've got selected..just have to wait for the time to come.. : )
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 7:59 pm

yay....im selected oso for the next intake!! so wad r we supposed to do now? Juz wait? :???:

lilylily

interview

Post by lilylily » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:14 pm

Congrats to those who got in! =D

anyhow, does tht means the next recruitment will be several months later or maybe not??

=( :cry:

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Post by sakiya » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:19 pm

me too me too:)
i received the email also. so so happy
when is the medical check up and when to sign contract?

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:57 pm

i think they will only inform us when there is a class for us, so meantime all we need to do is to wait. :roll:

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:06 am

windancer04 wrote:yay....im selected oso for the next intake!! so wad r we supposed to do now? Juz wait? :???:
hey hey hey!..ya..just wait i guess..the good thing is..when there's another recruitment going on, we don't have to undergo the interview process anymore..we will just proceed onto the medicals, n training process. Guess it'll be sometime in march or april, like ive mentioned earlier, the current batch will start on the 2nd feb, training will be bout a month, by the time they complete their training, it'll be in march. And in order for a new recruitment process to take place, they will have to wait for the earlier batch to complete or almost finishing the training..so, roughly about march..meantime, i shall just wait, and save up the $1850 upfront and the $700 medical fees!!..aaarrghh!~
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

Capri
Regular
Regular

Post by Capri » Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:01 pm

Agreeing w you... Save in the meantime to prepare for the next intake... 8-)