Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ichloe

Post by ichloe » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:16 pm

Bella Consuela wrote:
lovesong wrote:
Bella Consuela wrote:Hi all,

Just got back from the 2nd round today..unfortunately didnt make it thru to the afternoon session..congrats to bbekandy for making it thru to the next round..she'll prolly update u guys later.
well just now, they grouped us into 6 groups and each group about 7 persons. there was a briefing about the company and all that followed by 3 games / interaction sessions and lastly a short math/geography test...

hmm wondering why i didnt make it thru though, haiz....i interacted enough to make myself stand out and i smiled and smiled and smiled...but still :(

theres another group for tomoorow so they might still eliminate ppl after the swimming round..shucks..feel so sad and demoralised after yet another rejection! must be hmm more than 20 times of rejection (all airlines combined)...age catching up on me..26 this year already..dunno what im gonna do now though..got screwd up for taking urgent leave from work today and it has all come to vain..haiz...
Hi Bella,

I understand your feeling as I have been trying for the past 4 years. Be it SIA, Qatar, Cathay, Emirates, Tiger Airways, Airasia, and Etihad Airways. I really hope that you dont give up trying for the next recruitment untill you make the cut. I am same age as you too but I got in JQ in my 4th attempt with them. Frankly speaking, I asked myself how much I want this job.. but I just know I want it very badly.. Based on what you have shared, I think probably you lack of luck... Go and try again next time!

May I check with you did they mention when is the training date during the briefing session in this morning?
Hi Lovesong,

thanks for your encouragement. you're in JQ now? congrats for making it thru! Although were the same age, but youre a guy right? but im a gal, guess theres a bit more disadvantage there..can try again next time but the guy mentioned that theres like a 12 month ban.
hmmm they didnt specifically mention any training dates...maybe theyll only let those who got in know?
Hi Bella & Lovesong,
dont be sad & go for the next time. :D

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:24 pm

lovesong wrote:
Bella Consuela wrote:
lovesong wrote: Hi Bella,

I understand your feeling as I have been trying for the past 4 years. Be it SIA, Qatar, Cathay, Emirates, Tiger Airways, Airasia, and Etihad Airways. I really hope that you dont give up trying for the next recruitment untill you make the cut. I am same age as you too but I got in JQ in my 4th attempt with them. Frankly speaking, I asked myself how much I want this job.. but I just know I want it very badly.. Based on what you have shared, I think probably you lack of luck... Go and try again next time!

May I check with you did they mention when is the training date during the briefing session in this morning?
Hi Lovesong,

thanks for your encouragement. you're in JQ now? congrats for making it thru! Although were the same age, but youre a guy right? but im a gal, guess theres a bit more disadvantage there..can try again next time but the guy mentioned that theres like a 12 month ban.
hmmm they didnt specifically mention any training dates...maybe theyll only let those who got in know?
Hi Bella,

I managed to clear all the rounds in last month JQ interview but they never call me up till today. My crew fren already checked with her manager and she said I got in.. So far, I know batch 8 training will begin 4 Oct but she said I have to continue waiting and joining next batch for training... So I guess most likely I am in.. :) No worries about your age, JQ doesnt really have age limitation cuz one of my frens who is 37yo without crew experience got in last intake. What is 12 months ban all about? I never heard of that in JQ.. I was banned for 6 mths when i failed my SQ interview last time.

Thanks for the sharing and i guess i have to continue waiting...
The guy conducting the briefing, one of the top managers i think he mentioned that those who didnt make it thru the next round will be more than welcome to reapply but after a duration of 12 months...and to brush up more on our customer service..yup thats what he mentioned...u want to check with your crew fren on that? yup i guess the upcoming one would be batch 8, because there were some batch 7 crew who was also conducting the interview just now.

stellajane
Regular
Regular

Post by stellajane » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:24 pm

sob sob, I didnt make it thru either. I have no idea what I did wrong. LOL
I was kinda sad when I made it to the 'NO' list.
Oh well, gotta set the sight of something else for now. Congrats to all who made it ya!!

Love,
Me :cool:
why not!~

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:28 pm

stellajane wrote:sob sob, I didnt make it thru either. I have no idea what I did wrong. LOL
Oh well, gotta set the sight of something else for now. Congrats to all who made it ya!!

Love,
hey babe,
me in the NO list too...my heart just drop when they called out the names for the YES list and some of my table members were called out and when they skipped to the next table members i just knew i didnt make it..haiz..then must wait for another 12 months right..
u were at which table number? i was at table number 4...
according to bbekandy (as of right now) they just finished their one to one interview and swimming test later..

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:31 pm

Bella Consuela wrote:
lovesong wrote:
Bella Consuela wrote: Hi Lovesong,

Hi Bella,

I managed to clear all the rounds in last month JQ interview but they never call me up till today. My crew fren already checked with her manager and she said I got in.. So far, I know batch 8 training will begin 4 Oct but she said I have to continue waiting and joining next batch for training... So I guess most likely I am in.. :) No worries about your age, JQ doesnt really have age limitation cuz one of my frens who is 37yo without crew experience got in last intake. What is 12 months ban all about? I never heard of that in JQ.. I was banned for 6 mths when i failed my SQ interview last time.

The guy conducting the briefing, one of the top managers i think he mentioned that those who didnt make it thru the next round will be more than welcome to reapply but after a duration of 12 months...and to brush up more on our customer service..yup thats what he mentioned...u want to check with your crew fren on that? yup i guess the upcoming one would be batch 8, because there were some batch 7 crew who was also conducting the interview just now.
I will check with my fren and let you know. I don understand.. what do u mean batch 7 crew conducting interview?

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:36 pm

lovesong wrote:
Bella Consuela wrote:
lovesong wrote: Hi Bella,

I will check with my fren and let you know. I don understand.. what do u mean batch 7 crew conducting interview?
yup there were 2 crew both ladies when they did the introductions, they mentioned that they were the latest recruits from batch 7...another crew from batch 3 was also there. they all helped in the accessing and all that. they didnt really conduct the interview per se, but they were present in helping the other managers and seniors in "inspecting" the hopefuls...

ichloe

Post by ichloe » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 2:43 pm

stellajane wrote:sob sob, I didnt make it thru either. I have no idea what I did wrong. LOL

Love,
stellajane, me too. im very very sad till now. just hoping for luck BUT....

stellajane
Regular
Regular

Post by stellajane » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 3:59 pm

ichloe wrote:

Love,
stellajane, me too. im very very sad till now. just hoping for luck BUT....
well i was in table 1. I think most of my table mates got in. I felt like plummeting down 10 floors high. LOL.

Anyway..i dunno wat is the criteria anywayz...
why not!~

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 5:15 pm

Hey ya all,

Don't be too sad alright? I missed this time round's interview but I'm more determined to nail it the next time so hopefully we could all just try it out again?

When's there a will, there's a way!

At least ya' all managed to get into the 2nd round unlike me, emlinated in 1st round for all the interviews I went to..LOL~ Come to think of it, I did pretty badly for my JQ interview previously..its like I was totally speaking incoherently to the point that I guess I've not really answered my qns well...haha count that as a experience and hope for the best in next interview! =)

Btw Bella Consuela, for the swimming test, were you required to bring your own swimming suit? haha just curious and wanna know if there are people who wear bikini to swim? lol must be quite fun~ hahas

Jiayou jiayou jiayou!!! And congrats to Bekkandy for getting in! Cant wait to hear from her when she's back from her 3rd round!
Never Say Never! :)

bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 7:12 pm

hey all,

firstly, thanks for the congrats.

as you all know, i went with Bella Consuela, and i was quite disappointed that she didnt get through cause i only know her amongst everyone else.
But babe, you gotta try again alright! like i said, just try again if there's a recruitment 1,2 or 3 months from today. who knows, i might be going with you again.

After the 2nd round, we had a briefing on the pay structure, the company, company values etc etc. and den we had this one-to-one interview with another interviewer, asking us DIFFICULT questions. mostly asking us for past experiences with difficult customers, stressful environment, etc..

den we had the swimming test. it is a very small pool. we are required to bring our own swimming attire, and yes, there are some people who wore bikini.
in my batch of around 25-30 people, around half of them are guys! and only 6 chinese ladies including myself.

there's going to be another batch of interviews again and it also means that my chances will be lowered as one of the crew said that they are taking in only 20-25people.
im not having too high hopes for now, if not im afraid i might fall really hard on my butt.
so, good luck all, and have fun ~

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 7:19 pm

Hey Bbekandy,

Must be a tiring day for you huh? The wait always brings about agony! haha yeah but it might just be worth, ya know? Don't worry too much nor pin too much high hopes and you'll do just fine! =)

It's great that you managed to get through all these rounds already! Seems like this is the last interview right? I mean if you can get through means will be waiting for them to call you up for medical check-up and what not?

Anyway it's really great to hear from ya!

haha bikinis~ the guys must have "gained" some eye-candy! haha
Never Say Never! :)

bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 7:44 pm

MademoiselleCher : it was an ok day for me, but my feet thinks otherwise.. haha.. there was many waits in between everything.. so we had to hang around alot.

yeps, for me, this is the last interview for this round. they'll also email those who didnt get in, so i hope i receive the call rather then to receive the email.
i'd be quite upset not to get in though, but i guess i'll just have to try again.

haha, the bikinis were alright only lah, those super hot ones didnt wear bikini.

lol

floatingdog
Regular
Regular

Post by floatingdog » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 8:21 pm

for those who didn't get in after the swimming round, there will be emails sent out? they told you that just now?

haha lovesong, does this mean i am still in the running? :P

lovesong
Regular
Regular

Post by lovesong » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:06 pm

floatingdog wrote:for those who didn't get in after the swimming round, there will be emails sent out? they told you that just now?

haha lovesong, does this mean i am still in the running? :P
bbekandy: Million thanks for your input. :) Really? they will notify those who didn't get in via email? May I know how you got the super useful info from? Floatingdog, we didn't receive any email after 1.5 months of waiting...

Floatingdog: hahaha... Super good news for us!! I think we will see each other in contract signing or briefing soon and begin our batch 9 training either late Oct or early Nov. :D

bbekandy
Regular
Regular

Post by bbekandy » Thu, 26 Aug 2010 7:51 am

Im not sure if they will send out notifications of rejection... according to one of the crew, they will lah. but den again, i went for the 3k one, and they also said they will and they didnt...

im keeping my fingers crossed cuz i cant stand my current job any longer. i might go crazy here.

GRRR