Singapore Expats

Jetstar Is Recruiting Again!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
RedScarlet

Post by RedScarlet » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 3:12 am

I don't think so (: you going too?

no name

Post by no name » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 5:14 am

love`Qoo wrote:can anyone advise on the routes they fly and the average take home salary?

i've read all the threads but the details given were so vague. some said 1.8k and some said 2-2.4k. :???:
Take home salary is low, please don't expect much. There is no way you will take home 2.4K

around 2K mark.. usually under that.

At the presentation, they would tell you that you will earn an annual income range.

It's just a range, don't take it as though that will be the final take home pay.

They are not gonna lure you in with the money (cos the pay is bad), they will lure you in with the experience to fly. Flying with a budget air doesn't mean you will get into a full service airline.. with the flying schedule, it is pretty hard to try for other airlines you always wanted to join. You might as well focus your time preparing on joining your dream airline.

Unless this is your dream airline, pay is not attractive at all, not close.

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:27 am

RedScarlet: Ive stated there Passport. if u copied my post, pls take a look again.

Please bring all those documents stated, photo will be passport size.
They'll give u an application form, if not they would have stated where to download it.

LCC( Low Cost Carriers) is formed to save cost, so if u're thinking of the salary, think again.
If ur passion is to serve and travel all over the world n get gd salary, go to Commercial Airline Ads. JQ may hav gd routes however dont compare a LCC salary w other Commercial Airlines.

Whether is it LCC or not, each have its pros and cons.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 3:21 pm

thanks! what are its routes now? and meaning they dont serve meals just like jetstar asia right? even though its intl?

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Tue, 06 Jul 2010 3:33 pm

LCC in recent days do serve meals depending on their cabin classes.
If u guys do read up often bout airlines updates even LCC like AirAsia now flies to London and they even have First Class for their flights, and some others have bought in the A380 aircraft.

Every LCC whether Asia or Int have their differences, if u guys have alot of burning questions to ask bout JQ, ask during ur interview otherwise you wont know what u are in for. Give it a shot, im sure they'll ask if u have any qns.

So pls prepare urselfs like why u wan to join LCC and what is it about LCC ure interested and concern about. They will definately be curious y u wana join JQ.

vivivalentine

Post by vivivalentine » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 1:07 am

a few more days to the interview.. all the best to everyone who's going down! :)

no name

Post by no name » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 6:43 am

love`Qoo wrote:thanks! what are its routes now? and meaning they dont serve meals just like jetstar asia right? even though its intl?
Expanding but remember that the routes are not all done by SIN base, JQ and 3k operate slightly differently.

Don't serve meals unless you prepaid or you are a code share passenger.

fir-ais

Trying out

Post by fir-ais » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:07 am

Hi all,

I'm going to the interview this saturday. Anybody wanna join me? I'm really low on confidence rite now, so would be nice to have someone during the waiting before interview and a that.
Any nice soul??

Jumiko

Post by Jumiko » Wed, 07 Jul 2010 3:52 pm

No panic. Relax yourself & enjoy the process and you will ace it through!!!
26Jun2010 intake. 1Jul Medical. 5Jul get called up. Notice 1 mth. 12Jul letter received. Training here I come~~~

floatingdog
Regular
Regular

Re: Trying out

Post by floatingdog » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:11 am

fir-ais wrote:Hi all,

I'm going to the interview this saturday. Anybody wanna join me? I'm really low on confidence rite now, so would be nice to have someone during the waiting before interview and a that.
Any nice soul??
Me me! I'm thinking about going for this Saturday also.. What time will you be going? I can't pm you coz I don't have enough posts yet..

ai_dy

tips

Post by ai_dy » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 2:08 am

any tips or not?
like what are the interview qns usually asked?
is the standard of recruitment is like SIA?
what are the dress codes for interview?
is there any stages like 1st round, 2nd round etc...

ai_dy

Post by ai_dy » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 2:13 am

time stated 0900 - 1700
means i can come down between tat time or
i must come at 0900 sharp?

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:16 am

Hi all,

I'm wondering is JetStar is operating similar to Silkair? As in no stopovers but all round about trips...And how come Jetstar does not advertise the CC walk in interview on its website?

Can only check from Today newspaper? Any height requirements? I'm thinking if I should try Jetstar since I failed Silkair last week..=( but still considering cuz I really prefer Silkair more...

IF really going for Jetstar interview is just to try and experience it..Is the interview any diff from Silkair or SIA?

TIA!
Never Say Never! :)

no name

Post by no name » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 5:57 am

MademoiselleCher wrote:Hi all,

I'm wondering is JetStar is operating similar to Silkair? As in no stopovers but all round about trips...And how come Jetstar does not advertise the CC walk in interview on its website?

Can only check from Today newspaper? Any height requirements? I'm thinking if I should try Jetstar since I failed Silkair last week..=( but still considering cuz I really prefer Silkair more...

IF really going for Jetstar interview is just to try and experience it..Is the interview any diff from Silkair or SIA?

TIA!
Jetstar... do you mean JQ or 3K? Unfortunately, a lot of confusion. It's alright, the branding is not consistently as a whole anyway. To us, it's Jetstar Asia. It's Jetstar to Aussie, Kiwis and probably everywhere else.

3K and JQ has it own set of crews, even uniform slightly different if you noitce. Both crews do different set of routes.

JQ has layovers and also turnaround flights, so is 3k. Depending which country you select, you will then see the jobs page. I know confusing as hell.

I have seen really short crews who cannot reach the overhead lockers. weird right?

If MI is what you want, GO FOR IT. Don't join if this is not your first choice, why bother? If you are practical, silk air pays better though its turn around flights, still get allowances for your uniform and make up...

I am telling you... your passion can run dry when you know that your layover allowance is so little as compare to your fellow crew who some get allowance more than 2 times of yours- and all of you work together at the same time and stay in the same hotel. Here you have to fork out everything on your own, including bond and blah blah.

Interview is a great experience to brush you up for better opportunities. Decision is all yours though.

Anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

MademoiselleCher
Regular
Regular

Post by MademoiselleCher » Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:26 am

Wow no name, you seem to know a lot about airlines and stuff! I'm sorry but what is JQ or 3K? still not familiar with all these terms...

I read from the past posts that Jetstar Asia no need to pay 1.8k bond nor medical fees but Jetstar Intl need to fork out everything...Soo is it true but how do we know if Jetstar Asia or Jetstar Intl is hosting this upcoming interview? Its all too confusing indeed!

I told my bf about bearing e bond and medical fees, he said it acceptable but after I told him about take-home salary, he told me if really have to bear e payments and still get a mediocre salary then its not worthy...But is this information real? I'm not doubting what you guys have posted here but some say no need and some say must...Its like I really gotta go try out the interview to find out e truth or something...
Never Say Never! :)