Singapore Expats Forum

E/S Pass does nationailty matter to get it?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
kimtaymour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon, 14 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

E/S Pass does nationailty matter to get it?

Postby kimtaymour » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:01 pm

Hi guys i wanted to know whether your nationality matter in order to get your E/S Pass done in Singapore??

Myself am very unique and surely many people in this forum won't have heard about my country..however the first thing i wanna know will MOM, think twice before approving the E/S Pass for someone like me (where we don't have many people out here in Singapore in fact I might be the only one heehee)

any ideas to be sahred can help...

SMS, SE, I'll rely much on you in here

Oh yes guys i got my job heehee ;) thats why i was away for sometime from the forum was hunting for a job :)

cheers
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected

User avatar
krptykcookies
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: E/S Pass does nationailty matter to get it?

Postby krptykcookies » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 4:25 pm

kimtaymour wrote:Hi guys i wanted to know whether your nationality matter in order to get your E/S Pass done in Singapore??

Myself am very unique and surely many people in this forum won't have heard about my country..however the first thing i wanna know will MOM, think twice before approving the E/S Pass for someone like me (where we don't have many people out here in Singapore in fact I might be the only one heehee)

any ideas to be sahred can help...

SMS, SE, I'll rely much on you in here

Oh yes guys i got my job heehee ;) thats why i was away for sometime from the forum was hunting for a job :)

cheers


Congrats on your job offer! BTW do you mind sharing with me whereabouts do you come from? ;)
Cool as cool can be

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 6:15 pm

EP's & S Passes are not country dependent. Only Work Permits are so. Doesn't matter what you country is as long as they let you into Singapore if you meet the criteria of the relevant pass AND your employer can show justification as to why they need to higher a foreigner to do that particular job, then you shouldn't have a problem.

However, S passes are quota dependent so depending on how many S passes the employer already has could impact your success in getting an S pass. EP's on the other hand are not quota dependent.

Congrats on getting a job offer.

sms

User avatar
kimtaymour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon, 14 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby kimtaymour » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 6:31 pm

SMS thans a lot for the info, the company is applying for an E pass then they said if it doesn't work will go down to S Pass ... incha allah should be ok

heehee SMS i have closed up my job hunt in exactly 3 weeks from a monday to a 3rd monday and i am done.. the job came on the first day of ramadan too ;)

kryptocookies ... i don't mind of course sharing where i came from surely no one heard and am the only one here beside my "Consualte General" I am from
the Republique of Djibouti known as Djibouti

Any djiboutian around I don't think so i doubt.. keep it quiet guys
SMS any idea where is toxico ?
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected

User avatar
krptykcookies
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby krptykcookies » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 8:16 pm

kimtaymour wrote:kryptocookies ... i don't mind of course sharing where i came from surely no one heard and am the only one here beside my "Consualte General" I am from
the Republique of Djibouti known as Djibouti

Any djiboutian around I don't think so i doubt.. keep it quiet guys
SMS any idea where is toxico ?


Cool ...! First time I have heard from someone from Africa in SG. Welcome to Asia and enjoy SG :)
Cool as cool can be

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 8:37 pm

Kim, you would be surprised at the number of people who know where it is. After all, most expats are more in tune with the world and her geo-political situations than the average citizen of a country who is only concerned about their traffic on the way home.


krptyk, There are a lot of people here from the African Continent. As a matter of fact I have a distant relative (wife's 1st cousin) who is married to a Nigerian (she's a Singaporean Chinese/Indian). There are a goodly number of S. Africans here in Singapore as well. One couple owns a grocery in Katong Plaza that specializes in S. African goods. (Springbok Bazaar).

South African airways maintain a office in Seletar Airbase where my neice works and my wife temps part time doing some of their filing for them. Lots of Africans around.....

Old Mike, on the AB and several other boards is also S.African.

User avatar
krptykcookies
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 23 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby krptykcookies » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 11:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Kim, you would be surprised at the number of people who know where it is. After all, most expats are more in tune with the world and her geo-political situations than the average citizen of a country who is only concerned about their traffic on the way home.


krptyk, There are a lot of people here from the African Continent. As a matter of fact I have a distant relative (wife's 1st cousin) who is married to a Nigerian (she's a Singaporean Chinese/Indian). There are a goodly number of S. Africans here in Singapore as well. One couple owns a grocery in Katong Plaza that specializes in S. African goods. (Springbok Bazaar).

South African airways maintain a office in Seletar Airbase where my neice works and my wife temps part time doing some of their filing for them. Lots of Africans around.....

Old Mike, on the AB and several other boards is also S.African.


SMS

I must have been 'hibernating' in my KL-shell too much! :oops:
Cool as cool can be

User avatar
kimtaymour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon, 14 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby kimtaymour » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 12:57 am

Great SMS impressive... but the thing is that though my country is in the african continent but no one knows where is it located and myself am not african am arabic ...

no one knows that my country is an ex-french colony, member of the arab league and the african league as well some 3 in 1 thingy heehee..

AS me being i nSG and MY if I'd say to so many people am form Djibouti they'll be like oh whats that (as if its some sort of food loool ) then am like its a country some think its a city or village very funny the answer i could hear for the last 4 years plus from people when i say am form Djbiouti but fun though.. maybe 1 out of 10 will no where it is or maybe hardly...

No offence but Malaysian and singapore (lesser than malaysian) are very bad in geogrpahy and they do admit it to me.. but maybe now djibouti will get more famous by the 1st bridge connecting africa and Asia 28.5 Km 2nd longest bridge in the world an intercontinental one

check it out:

www.lanation.dj/news/2007/ln60/national.htm

Though its in french those who can read is great others jsut see the picture

Heard the project was out in the Newsweek Magazine of last week anyone read it ??
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests