Singapore Expats Forum

Haunted Apartments ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Fallen Angel

Postby Fallen Angel » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 1:06 am

Just saw the movie "MiRRor". Kind of scary. You should go and watch that show. Bet you will see even more strange things happens in your apartment. Hehe :twisted: Avoid the mirror whenever you can!

x3 Candy

Postby x3 Candy » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:55 pm

Petales Soufflez! wrote:I er ahem believe that we all share our lodgings with the spirits, only that we normally never see them unless we're down in luck. My aunt had a friend who when she walked up and down the stairs in her house could be occasionally seen to say "Excuse me" to nobody in sight. She has the 3rd eye and could see the spirits and claimed that since they meant no harm she could live with their presence.

I've also heard that my maternal grandma used to haunt the flat that they lived in for a number of years, causing the new tenants to move out each time. It only stopped when an Indian family moved in (she was Chinese).

Normally when you visit a house, you should be able to know instinctively if you were going to be comfortable or not in the premises.

If yours is/are starting to be intrusive, then you may need to call a priest over to bless the house. In fact, before moving into a new place, it's always better to have that done.

Then indeed it may help if you brighten up the place a little. Most of the time you're just uncomfortable because you are not warmed up to the house yet. And have a big housewarming party to let in "human breath" and scare the spirits away.

Plus collect nice gifts of course. :lol:

hello .. why did she stop after an Indian family moved in.?

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 9:25 am

She had a strong penchant for vindaloo

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 9:33 am

^^Wouldn't that make her stay?^^

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:09 am

Thats what she would like you to think.
She wore her invisible blanket when they are around, but at night she tucked into the curry followed by a nice cool cobra beer, then slept on the sofa under her magic blanket.

x3 Candy

Postby x3 Candy » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 5:15 pm

wad are all of u talking about == ?

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 5:34 pm

x3 Candy wrote:wad are all of u talking about == ?

Which bit are you confused about? and whats a wad?

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 5:46 pm

QRM wrote:...and whats a wad?

There are just too many ways for me to take that line of questioning, Your Honour :cool:

I wouldn't mind a "wad of cash", however.

Sincerely, Mr. P

Petales Soufflez!
Regular
Regular

Postby Petales Soufflez! » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:31 pm

x3 Candy wrote:

hello .. why did she stop after an Indian family moved in.?

There are a few posibilities among others :

1. Different race and/or religion, the Chinese/Buddhist spirit couldn't penetrate the Indian/Hindu sphere

2. The Indian Gods are more powerful

3. By then she has gotten herself reincarnated or at least peacefully sent off to her own world

4. Maybe she didn't like curry (a pity)

:D
Je pense donc je suis. Le reste du temps, je ne suis qu'une fleur.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:56 pm

When she gets a little older, maybe she'll be looking for a "Johnny Wadd"

:oops!: :shit:

ktoykcaj

Haunted Apartments

Postby ktoykcaj » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:32 pm

repeated msg
Last edited by ktoykcaj on Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ktoykcaj

Haunted Apartments

Postby ktoykcaj » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:35 pm

Whenever any of my family members moved to a new house,
my parents would advise me or help us perform the following:

Choose a 'official' day to move into the house, open the door wide when you first enter.

Read or say out loud (in hokkien), though I am not sure the words:
"Things like let the spirit (if any) out of the house and don't disturb you
and your family. Announce the name of the owner, your NRIC number,
and state that you are moving in on which date."

Bring some grains of rice (uncooked), and sprinkle them around the new house. To pray the ground or floor spirit to protect the owners and occupiers.

Bring a hammer and hammer on some areas of the floor lightly.
Not sure what is that for, but i think that has something to do with the bad spirit/s.

Change the curtains and bed sheets to a light colored ones.

Paint the wall if you can, and do not sleep with a mirror facing you.

Have a house warming where there are lots of people. Let the sunlight in when you are in the house and open the doors which the gates shut when you can.

Hope all these things help.

gif
Regular
Regular

Postby gif » Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:11 pm

I always think that the best way to solve "compatibility" problems is to try to get in touch, let the spirit feel confortable, as you would with a human being, I mean live one, in other words, sort of become friends.
I'd be scared to death of course, and being so I would try the less aggressive mode...

My father's apartment back in my home town, where he lived with his mother, brothers etc was haunted, they used to get back home and find furniture moved, ghosts walking along the corridors and so on; nevertheless none of them was scared...my father is definitely not crazy, so I have to believe.

As I said, I would be scared and probably consider to move to another place. But being it impossible, I would try the friendly attitude.
Meanwhile I would go to a good stones shop and buy some protective stone, to keep around just in case.

marcusho77

Using kum mong yen to chase the dirty things out

Postby marcusho77 » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 6:50 pm

I have tried this method before for my house. Just go to any of the chinese shop where they sell joss stick and joss paper. Just tell them u want Kum mong yen. This kum mong yen is actually meant for buddha praying. This is how i do, i will light up 3 kum mong yen for every room, kitchen, store room, kitchen and any part of the house. Just remember to open your main door as once u smoke the whole house, the dirty things will just dash out of the house. Its up to u to believe but it really works. this method is teach by my godsister who is a medium.

Melasony

Postby Melasony » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 7:28 pm

If you don't disturb them, Then I don't think they would mess with you.
My old place that I stayed for a year was REALLY gloomy, barely any sunlight, weird structure.
plus when you open the door from the entrance. you can see that there's a bent mirror that did not really give you proper reflection.. just some weird distorted images of you when you walk in ( god knows why the owner put it, bad taste maybe? ) and at first it creeped everyone out...
not to mention it was directly opposite a hospital.

one of my friend who said that he could " see things " said he was really creeped out when he was visiting, like something was watching him ( he was there feeding my cat when i was on holiday )

yeah the whole atmosphere might be creepy, took me months to get used to it and eventually I got pretty comfy in the place.

so maybe you might not really need to do anything elaborate, just go on with your life normally and soon routine would set in and you'd get used to it.

plus new places always tend to make us feel jittery for awhile :)