Singapore Expats Forum

Little time and dilema- LTSVP or DP?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Hithnar
Regular
Regular

Little time and dilema- LTSVP or DP?

Postby Hithnar » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 2:36 pm

Hi guys, I need some guidance again :? I have received EPEC and was planing to get a LTSVP, got even my an "approved in principle" decision by e-mail. But they require a medical exam, and when I called a random clinic about it, they kept repeating like zombies "need letter from MoM". I just have a really general e-mail, and guess that's not the "letter".

On the other side, my husband signed his work contract today, and applied for a Dependency Pass for me.

Now my dilemma: should I push the LTSVP and do the whole medical exam thing (which I am not really sure how to do), or wait for the DP? My approval in principal expires next Monday :cry: And MoM claims, that approval of DP can take up to 5 weeks :shock: Will I be able to stay in Singapore till they make up their minds, or does it actually take less time?

What to do dear expats? :(

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 6:46 pm

Hiya - probably go for the DP. Then you can basically do anything you like in terms of work - you just need the Letter of Consent from an Employer and MoM. If you choose not to work, then it just makes life easier, IMHO.

In terms of your current visa and your EPEC approval-in-principal, I'd suggest you wander down to the MoM office (get there EARLY!!) and ask their advice - they might be able to do something which will apply your in-principal EPEC through to a DP. I'd take a photocopy of the DP application, too.

Your DP will be tied in terms of date to your partner's employment pass, as will your LTSVP. Your partner's employer needs to also sign your application for your DP.

In our experience, DP works for us, so maybe it may work for you also.

Cheers, P

Hithnar
Regular
Regular

Postby Hithnar » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 8:24 pm

Thank you sierra2469alpha, I will prolly stick to the DP, as it dawned on me today that I might end up with two FIN or even more confused if I go with aplication for both DP and LTSVP. My DP application has been already signed and send by my husband's company, I just hope it will be approved it time, as I got only 2 weeks left of my visitor pass :o

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 4:36 pm

Hithnar - as suggested, wander down to MoM with copies of everything anyway - might help to smooth the transition between the first application and the second.

Good luck with it

P