Singapore Expats Forum

NUS exchange

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
icezone

Postby icezone » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 7:53 am

How is Hall life vs PGP? I am a graduate student and not sure if I would be happy staying with 1st year undergrads.

kristin.shwe

Postby kristin.shwe » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:38 pm

hi icezone
both halls and PGP has lots of first year undergrads since its alot harder for year 3 and 4 students to get on campus accomodation.
in PGP, there are other graduate students too for you to socialize.
Last edited by kristin.shwe on Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew22

Postby andrew22 » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 11:44 am

hey

im an exchange student coming all the way from USA (florida/miami) for spring '09...obv i dont know anyone over there so im def looking for ways to meet people/mixers or whatever. im not staying at pgp bc apparently they had no room left, but hopefully ill be getting a place relatively close to campus...hopefully this isnt too much of a social inhibition.

anyways, if anyone in a similar situation is interested in meeting up when were all in town (im getting in tues morning...the 6th i think) and getting some drinks or just hanging out etc, let me know~

kristin.shwe

Postby kristin.shwe » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 6:17 pm

:)
Last edited by kristin.shwe on Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happygoer

Hi~

Postby Happygoer » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 1:44 pm

For the newcomers, welcome to NUS!
I'm sure u'll not be lonely here, it's pretty easy to get along with both the locals and the exchange students.
I'm a local undergrad at NUS, completing my last semester.
If u guys need any help, u can always send me a message.
I've spent a year in Japan on student exchange and had lots of fun interacting with the locals and the international students. I'm sure u will too.
Have fun!