Singapore Expats Forum

autobody shops

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

daytripper65
Regular
Regular

autobody shops

Postby daytripper65 » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:12 pm

Hi,

On another, probably more pressing note, I scraped my tank of a car against one of those big columns in the parking garage the other day :cool: This car is a loaner from the company since the car we bought won't be in for another couple of weeks. They don't offer insurance on it for damage incurred by us, so I was wondering if anybody has any experiences with autobody shops/repairs around the Holland Village/Buena Visa/Dover/Clementi area.

Thanks!
Let your soul and spirit fly
...into the mystic--VM

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sillingw » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:19 am

my wife did the same, took it to an autobody shop on Bukit Merah lane - there are a lot of them all together here - it's just off alexander near IKEA - I went to one at Blk 1001 #01-67 Bukit Merah lane 3 called Lian Ho Hup Khee spray painting - I'm an ex engineer and used to do car body repairs on the side to earn a little extra money (putting myself thru college) so I can recognise a good job when I see one - these guys did a good job and were less than 1/4 of the price of the BMW dealer. Telephone 6273 3950 or 6274 8511

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:29 am

yeah i agree ...if you shop around you'll get a much better deal than if you just go to the dealer ( who often just sub contracts it out anyway)

Good tip from Sillingw ...nothing better than personal experience !

You may want to consider your approach. It's typical to haggle or ask for discount but dont push too much and expect a good job. If your happy with the quote then go for it but be sure to mention you'll be expecting top quality work. ...Mental warfare

Good luck

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:31 am

Oh and make sure you're talking to the boss! not some part time muppet who'll promise anything ( they're usually on commision )

daytripper65
Regular
Regular

Postby daytripper65 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:44 am

Thank you for the advice and info, much appreciated.
I will give them a call, and ask for the head honcho.
Let your soul and spirit fly

...into the mystic--VM