Singapore Expats

bring my fiancee from UK to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:50 pm

bring my fiancee from UK to Singapore

Post by rtmax » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:15 pm

Hi all,

Some questions regarding bringing fiancee...I know many have asked this but answers seem to differ time to time. I know you are all nice and patient people though :D

I am a Taiwanese on EP here in Singapore and will stay for years. My fiancee is a British Chinese, an UK citizen. Now we plan to get married next year and I hope to bring her here so we can plan our future together.

Anybody can suggest on what kind of long-term visa she can apply? She only gat a Bachelor so doesn't seem to have good chance for long term social visit visa. If she is on tourist visa, can she extend it to 90-days and leave/enter to get another new visa, or this is not really feasible?


Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:00 am

Post by DanShaku » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:09 am

You & your fiancee have a few options:

1. Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate - 12 months for her to
look for work. Bachelor degree should be fine from reputable UK
2. Long Term Sociual Visit Pass as your common law wife
(sometimes known as defacto spouse, not legally married but
living as if married). You need to prove your existing
3. Dependants Pass (tie the knot before you arrive)
4. Short Term Social Visit Pass - 90 days then exit. Exit is easy to
do with UK passport.

All can be seen on Ministry of Manpower Website

Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:57 pm

Post by touchbyangel512 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 5:06 pm

Hi there,

Fear not, , my wife is from taiwan too, anyway we had a similar problem too.. your issue is a small matter, as long she has a degree on hand i doubt that a problem. if you are planning to stay here for long you have consider your option? the Pro and con of PR etc.

anyway makesure your wife had a jobs first before arriving to singapore. Even thou singapore allow you to extend to 3 months to look for jobs. If you are luck enough u might land else too bad.


User avatar
Posts: 5989
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by ksl » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 2:06 am

Fear not my wife is also Taiwanese, and we had no problems at all! Apart from me deciding if i wanted to stay here or not.

User avatar
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 8:15 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by durain » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 2:47 am

UK passport is now standard 90 days social visit visa.

Posts: 243
Joined: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 5:29 pm

Post by louy » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 2:42 pm

durain wrote:UK passport is now standard 90 days social visit visa.
Really, you sure ?
How can we get this ? We have only been get the 30days. Thats why my girlfriend has to leave the country again on the 18th

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests