Singapore Expats Forum

CX Singapore base Flight attendant recruitment 09/2008!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 4:43 pm

Jojoleona wrote:
Paige wrote:Hi all,

There is something which I would like to share with you on the pay...
Basic $1250
$15/flying hour
As for allowance etc.. I will need to check it out..
Btw, all the best to those who are going for the medical.. :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


paige whr u get the info from?


Previous msg where one lady posted in the forum and I had also pm one gal who was selected and offered a position by CX in the previous batch..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

User avatar
jas85
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jas85 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 4:44 pm

ya I'm curious too..

I tink the pay is quite reasonable rite..

do keep us updated! thanks! :)

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 4:47 pm

Paige wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
Paige wrote:Hi all,

There is something which I would like to share with you on the pay...
Basic $1250
$15/flying hour
As for allowance etc.. I will need to check it out..
Btw, all the best to those who are going for the medical.. :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


paige whr u get the info from?


Previous msg where one lady posted in the forum and I had also pm one gal who was selected and offered a position by CX in the previous batch..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


i read bt tt thread before but dunno hw true it is...since u ve pm the gal i guess the info is true ba...
so i guess plus n minus each mth we cn tk bk bt 2.2k-2.5k, coz my final interview, deborah did tell mi roughly the range will be tt...
thanks paige for sharing...the pay looks reasonable to mi... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 4:55 pm

Hi jojoleona,

The lady also mentioned to me that 2.2k after cpf deduction is about $1790. Just wana let you all know about this first..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 5:03 pm

so paige u mean they deduct everything to cpf? coz i thought they only deduct cpf from our basic pay, flight time n allowances r not deducted...if as u said is 1790, then its abit less le...coz i knw tiger airways r drawing this kind of pay too...i alys thought of deducting basic will left bt w 1k rite, then plus our flyin time n allowances, we can earn bt 2.2k-2.5k...
seems like ive got the wrong idea le...
dear paige pls enlighten mi... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

User avatar
jas85
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jas85 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 5:12 pm

Hi Paige,

I tot the cpf shld be deducted only for the basic pay?

so u r sayin tt it is only deducted after addin up all the allowances?

felixtwp
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun, 04 May 2008
Location: west

Postby felixtwp » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 9:30 pm

haha hey maybe we shouyld all just meet up oe day and go for the skin treatment where u have lotsa little fish nibbling on ya leg?? hahah... ani other guys that went thru the medical already beside avivator? seems to me the guys and ladies checkup is a little diff.. :o its gona be reallie cool if the whole load of us meet up tpgether for the fish treatment!! haha
only injuries can stop me from being the best

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:25 pm

jas85 wrote:Hi Paige,

I tot the cpf shld be deducted only for the basic pay?

so u r sayin tt it is only deducted after addin up all the allowances?


Hi jas85 and jojoleona,

Both of you are right.. cpf deduction oni on basic salary.. sooo.. is basic is 1250 after 20% cpf deduction will be 1000.. then plus allowance.. The lady i PM-ed told me if earn about 2.2k, then take hme is 1790.. soo... I'm nt sure how come get 1790.. :shock:
Btw, any degree holders here??

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 12:11 am

Paige wrote:
jas85 wrote:Hi Paige,

I tot the cpf shld be deducted only for the basic pay?

so u r sayin tt it is only deducted after addin up all the allowances?


Hi jas85 and jojoleona,

Both of you are right.. cpf deduction oni on basic salary.. sooo.. is basic is 1250 after 20% cpf deduction will be 1000.. then plus allowance.. The lady i PM-ed told me if earn about 2.2k, then take hme is 1790.. soo... I'm nt sure how come get 1790.. :shock:
Btw, any degree holders here??

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


Thanks Paige, thanks for ur info.. :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

GELLY
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby GELLY » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 8:30 am

I have friends in there too....the pay ranges from 1900 to 2200 after cpf...This is because there is no layover allowance...If we have layover allowance in HK or colombo, maybe we will get a bit more....

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Sat, 08 Nov 2008 4:34 pm

GELLY wrote:I have friends in there too....the pay ranges from 1900 to 2200 after cpf...This is because there is no layover allowance...If we have layover allowance in HK or colombo, maybe we will get a bit more....


But mostly we wldnt get layovers rite gelly? or once in awhile we ve the chance to layover? :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

alittletwist
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 22 May 2008

Postby alittletwist » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 5:20 pm

May I know when's the next interview?

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 9:51 pm

alittletwist wrote:May I know when's the next interview?


hi, most prob will be nxt yr, but not sure which month will they start intake again, they just ve an intake during oct this yr.
When there's a will, there's a way.

thornlee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 12 Nov 2008

Postby thornlee » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:35 am

Just to share with you about some tips I found to become a cabin crew http://www.malaysiaairlinesblog.com/?p=464. i guess it's similar so it may help :D

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:05 pm

Did any of u rcvd a call from the clinic to do a re-test??...I did :? I am probably the only one I guess :-|

I need to re-do urine test and blood test..
Apparently, the lady told me tat my urine was too diluted (I probably drank too much water) and also blood test (she said it was slightly anemic...haiz, tats the trouble of not eating meat :( )

I might be dropping down next mon or tues..at the same time, eat some iron rich food to boost up my deficiency :wink:
(=^_^=)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: swipeup and 2 guests