Singapore Expats Forum

CX Singapore base Flight attendant recruitment 09/2008!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
GELLY
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby GELLY » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:57 pm

Hi everyone....I went for medical checkup today....I was told the process will take about a month. This is because our report has to be sent to HK for final approval....let's keep each other informed if we have the latest update....all the best!

enen
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 30 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby enen » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 9:21 am

Jojoleona wrote:thanks enen for sharing, does tt means its better for us to do pedicure before goin for check up? I didnt knw cx is so particular bout tt...
When is ur review? to check on ur feet again ma? :D


Hi Jojoleona, guess it would be better to go for a pedicure, especially if there's any particular patch of thick skin. For me, I bought a tool that aids in srcubbing the dead skin off my feet and have been scrubbing non-stop these few days. It's quite effective! The doctor advised me to go for my review any day next wk, just walk in, after the results of the blood and urine tests are out, since it's common for some people to retake the blood and urine tests. It takes 2 to 3 days for the results to be out. :)

the_aviator
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun, 28 Sep 2008

Postby the_aviator » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 9:28 am

GELLY wrote:Hi everyone....I went for medical checkup today....I was told the process will take about a month. This is because our report has to be sent to HK for final approval....let's keep each other informed if we have the latest update....all the best!


hey GELLY, ur new in our little cathay pacific forum!

wah! :o have to wait one month ah? tats quite long eh... its like the waiting period after our final interview to our med check up....

anyways im sure we wil post info here once any of us gets it :wink:

GELLY
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu, 12 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby GELLY » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 10:39 am

Hi everyone again! Do you know that training will only start end Jan....My senior in CX told me it may postpone to beginning of feb.....this is because of the glooming economy.....Lets hope that our medical check is smooth.....ganbate!

enen
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 30 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby enen » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:14 am

GELLY wrote:Hi everyone again! Do you know that training will only start end Jan....My senior in CX told me it may postpone to beginning of feb.....this is because of the glooming economy.....Lets hope that our medical check is smooth.....ganbate!


Thanks for the great info Gelly! Personally, I would prefer it to start in Feb so I can still celebrate Chinese New Year in Singapore with my family. Best of luck to eveyone's medical check! :D

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:25 am

enen wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:thanks enen for sharing, does tt means its better for us to do pedicure before goin for check up? I didnt knw cx is so particular bout tt...
When is ur review? to check on ur feet again ma? :D


Hi Jojoleona, guess it would be better to go for a pedicure, especially if there's any particular patch of thick skin. For me, I bought a tool that aids in srcubbing the dead skin off my feet and have been scrubbing non-stop these few days. It's quite effective! The doctor advised me to go for my review any day next wk, just walk in, after the results of the blood and urine tests are out, since it's common for some people to retake the blood and urine tests. It takes 2 to 3 days for the results to be out. :)


Thanks enen, btw did the doc check for scars? like will he/she look at ur arm, legs?
When there's a will, there's a way.

enen
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 30 Sep 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby enen » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:50 am

Jojoleona wrote:Thanks enen, btw did the doc check for scars? like will he/she look at ur arm, legs?


He did a quick check on my legs for visible veins. And asked if I have any tattoos, body piercings or obvious scars. No thorough checks thou.

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:53 am

enen wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:Thanks enen, btw did the doc check for scars? like will he/she look at ur arm, legs?


He did a quick check on my legs for visible veins. And asked if I have any tattoos, body piercings or obvious scars. No thorough checks thou.


OKies thanks enen, appreciate ur reply...let's hope we will all pass medical n go training together...hooray... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

hethel
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 09 Oct 2008

Postby hethel » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:36 pm

just outta curiousity..

why would they wanna know if there are tattoo / piercing? :-|

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:40 pm

hethel wrote:just outta curiousity..

why would they wanna know if there are tattoo / piercing? :-|


dear hethel, i thk if we ve tattoo tt cnt b covered by uniform n cn b seen, they wldnt select us for cabin crew...
as for piercing i guess is juz for reference...
When there's a will, there's a way.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 1:04 pm

GELLY wrote:Hi everyone again! Do you know that training will only start end Jan....My senior in CX told me it may postpone to beginning of feb.....this is because of the glooming economy.....Lets hope that our medical check is smooth.....ganbate!


Ya..I think that the training will start in end-jan which is after CNY, dun think that they will activate us for training to HK during the CNY period bah :P

Which also means we have abt 2 mths++ b4 trg start, but medical must pass of course :lol:
(=^_^=)

User avatar
jas85
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed, 27 Aug 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jas85 » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 1:14 pm

haha.. I oso wish for the trainin to start in feb.

at least can celebrate CNY wiv my family..

hope we will all pass our medical checkup! :D

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 1:17 pm

jas85 wrote:haha.. I oso wish for the trainin to start in feb.

at least can celebrate CNY wiv my family..

hope we will all pass our medical checkup! :D


yeah!!! hope we will all go HK together...n ve fun n study hard...
cnt wait...anticipating man...fl so excited.... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 4:32 pm

Hi all,

There is something which I would like to share with you on the pay...
Basic $1250
$15/flying hour
As for allowance etc.. I will need to check it out..
Btw, all the best to those who are going for the medical.. :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 4:37 pm

Paige wrote:Hi all,

There is something which I would like to share with you on the pay...
Basic $1250
$15/flying hour
As for allowance etc.. I will need to check it out..
Btw, all the best to those who are going for the medical.. :)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


paige whr u get the info from?
When there's a will, there's a way.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests