Singapore Expats Forum

CX Singapore base Flight attendant recruitment 09/2008!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
babie_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008
Location: sg
Contact:

Postby babie_gal » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 6:26 pm

thxxxx... actually im selected by korean air and went for the trainin on July but after 10 days trainin in korea den i came back!
Is it onie open 4 s'porean of cathay crew based sg?
(>_<)""~~~~~~

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 6:52 pm

windancer04 wrote:
snowss wrote:
babie_gal wrote:thx so much, Snowss! cos i check cathay website frequently but i didn get the inform bout the interview on this Oct..... wer u knw bout it, Snowss? r u join them?


For Sin-based CX crew recruitment they wldn't publish it on their website...u check the local papers like Straits time :)

But then, I dun buy the papers...I got the news abt the recruitment here in the forum :wink:
I want to join them and have even went for the final interview on the 15 Oct...but till now, still no news from CX as yet :cry:


hheyyy snowss, same here..im still waiting for their call..its been 2 weeks.


Whenever my phone rings...I'll panic...esp if the no is private no. :P

btw, u r also waiting for the JAL email invitation rite? No worries de lah :lol:
(=^_^=)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 6:55 pm

babie_gal wrote:thxxxx... actually im selected by korean air and went for the trainin on July but after 10 days trainin in korea den i came back!
Is it onie open 4 s'porean of cathay crew based sg?


Are u based in SG? Coze for this CX position, if I m not wrong, crews have to be based in SG?

Korean air?...U shld be a msian rite? :lol:
How come u left after 10 days in korea? U need not pay any bond amt?
(=^_^=)

babie_gal
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008
Location: sg
Contact:

Postby babie_gal » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 7:12 pm

yes, u r rite! snowss. im m'sia. there is no any bond of korean air. u can terminate whenever u want and just one mth notice. cathay crew based sg onie 4 s'porean? izit?
(>_<)""~~~~~~

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 7:25 pm

snowss wrote:
windancer04 wrote:
snowss wrote:
babie_gal wrote:thx so much, Snowss! cos i check cathay website frequently but i didn get the inform bout the interview on this Oct..... wer u knw bout it, Snowss? r u join them?


For Sin-based CX crew recruitment they wldn't publish it on their website...u check the local papers like Straits time :)

But then, I dun buy the papers...I got the news abt the recruitment here in the forum :wink:
I want to join them and have even went for the final interview on the 15 Oct...but till now, still no news from CX as yet :cry:


hheyyy snowss, same here..im still waiting for their call..its been 2 weeks.


Whenever my phone rings...I'll panic...esp if the no is private no. :P

btw, u r also waiting for the JAL email invitation rite? No worries de lah :lol:


dear snowss im the same as u..every time thr's call cumin in ill b panicky..haha...tmr is fri le..i dun thk cx will call up le...haiz...hope nxt wk will call us up...so anxious... :roll:
When there's a will, there's a way.

sunshinesummer
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 29 Oct 2008

korean air?

Postby sunshinesummer » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:01 pm

Korean Air hire Singaporeans?????

:o

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Re: korean air?

Postby Jojoleona » Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:43 pm

sunshinesummer wrote:Korean Air hire Singaporeans?????

:o


from wat i knw korean air only hired m'sians...no sporeans... :)
When there's a will, there's a way.

jwjw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 29 Oct 2008

Postby jwjw » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:10 am

Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
tulips wrote:"To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in the Singapore and be educated to GCE'O'Level or equivalent with a pass in English. Proficiency reading and speaking English and one Asian Language is essential. You must be able to pass a medical assesment and meet a minimum arm-reach 208cm."

hope this helps.



Thks Tulips for your kind info!
too bad i missed out on the application date....

any kind soul has any idea when they may be recruiting again?


hi dear, im not sure when's the nxt recruitment but for cx it's alys 6mths period aft each intake...hope i ve hlp u...


thks dear...
too late for me to even send cv now i guess... hmm..


ya loh my dear coz cx closing date is ovr le...nvm u cn either wait for nxt recruitment or try other airlines 1st...cheers... :wink:


hmm... im only 155cm, u think there's even a chance at all?


as long as u could rch 208cm of arm rch u r qualify...coz my friend also 155cm n she's able to rch 208cm so its not a prob here...n u muz meet their min requirement like o'level education n muz b a spore citizen... :)



mayb i'll wait for next recruitment den...
btw did u get into cx?
think i read in previous thread dat you were shortlisted?


ya i went for the final round le...nw waiting to c if im shortlisted to b cx cabin crew anot...been waiting for 2 weeks le...the wait is killing loh...



lucky u! you'll definitely get in, not to worry!
im stuck in my current job and yet din get a chance to go for the interview... sigh..

Jojoleona
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat, 27 Sep 2008
Location: singapore

Postby Jojoleona » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:20 am

jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
tulips wrote:"To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in the Singapore and be educated to GCE'O'Level or equivalent with a pass in English. Proficiency reading and speaking English and one Asian Language is essential. You must be able to pass a medical assesment and meet a minimum arm-reach 208cm."

hope this helps.



Thks Tulips for your kind info!
too bad i missed out on the application date....

any kind soul has any idea when they may be recruiting again?


hi dear, im not sure when's the nxt recruitment but for cx it's alys 6mths period aft each intake...hope i ve hlp u...


thks dear...
too late for me to even send cv now i guess... hmm..


ya loh my dear coz cx closing date is ovr le...nvm u cn either wait for nxt recruitment or try other airlines 1st...cheers... :wink:


hmm... im only 155cm, u think there's even a chance at all?


as long as u could rch 208cm of arm rch u r qualify...coz my friend also 155cm n she's able to rch 208cm so its not a prob here...n u muz meet their min requirement like o'level education n muz b a spore citizen... :)



mayb i'll wait for next recruitment den...
btw did u get into cx?
think i read in previous thread dat you were shortlisted?


ya i went for the final round le...nw waiting to c if im shortlisted to b cx cabin crew anot...been waiting for 2 weeks le...the wait is killing loh...



lucky u! you'll definitely get in, not to worry!
im stuck in my current job and yet din get a chance to go for the interview... sigh..


but its reali too competitive le...they r only choosing 24 ppl, chances r slim...nw only cn pray to god le... :D
When there's a will, there's a way.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 3:05 pm

babie_gal wrote:yes, u r rite! snowss. im m'sia. there is no any bond of korean air. u can terminate whenever u want and just one mth notice. cathay crew based sg onie 4 s'porean? izit?


this CX position u have to be based in SG most importantly, not necessary have to be Sporean...as long as u have the right to live and work in SG :)

During my interview, there was this guy from Philippines and another gal frm China...guess they r on work permit here in SG :wink:
(=^_^=)

jwjw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 29 Oct 2008

Postby jwjw » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:15 pm

Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
Jojoleona wrote:
jwjw wrote:
tulips wrote:"To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in the Singapore and be educated to GCE'O'Level or equivalent with a pass in English. Proficiency reading and speaking English and one Asian Language is essential. You must be able to pass a medical assesment and meet a minimum arm-reach 208cm."

hope this helps.



Thks Tulips for your kind info!
too bad i missed out on the application date....

any kind soul has any idea when they may be recruiting again?


hi dear, im not sure when's the nxt recruitment but for cx it's alys 6mths period aft each intake...hope i ve hlp u...


thks dear...
too late for me to even send cv now i guess... hmm..


ya loh my dear coz cx closing date is ovr le...nvm u cn either wait for nxt recruitment or try other airlines 1st...cheers... :wink:


hmm... im only 155cm, u think there's even a chance at all?


as long as u could rch 208cm of arm rch u r qualify...coz my friend also 155cm n she's able to rch 208cm so its not a prob here...n u muz meet their min requirement like o'level education n muz b a spore citizen... :)



mayb i'll wait for next recruitment den...
btw did u get into cx?
think i read in previous thread dat you were shortlisted?


ya i went for the final round le...nw waiting to c if im shortlisted to b cx cabin crew anot...been waiting for 2 weeks le...the wait is killing loh...



lucky u! you'll definitely get in, not to worry!
im stuck in my current job and yet din get a chance to go for the interview... sigh..


but its reali too competitive le...they r only choosing 24 ppl, chances r slim...nw only cn pray to god le... :D


wow! CX's only shortlisting 24?! Out of how many participants??
it's really competitive ya... all the more you have to make the best out of it if u eventually get in!

User avatar
windancer04
Regular
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: singapore

Postby windancer04 » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 7:15 pm

help!!....why cx taking so long...?? Everyday wait n wait n wait...omg.
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

tulips
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, 14 Oct 2008

Postby tulips » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 2:09 pm

dear all, this morning my friend received an email from CX. It's an invitation for medical checkup.
Any of you receive the same thing?

User avatar
windancer04
Regular
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008
Location: singapore

Postby windancer04 » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 2:32 pm

tulips wrote:dear all, this morning my friend received an email from CX. It's an invitation for medical checkup.
Any of you receive the same thing?


i didnt rec anything from them...can i know wad time ur fren got that mail? And besides..anyone else rec the mail?
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

tulips
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue, 14 Oct 2008

Postby tulips » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 2:35 pm

she didn't tell me what time.. just told me this morning.
i also didn't receive anything :(
upset.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron