Singapore Expats

CX Singapore base Flight attendant recruitment 09/2008!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
becrew
Regular
Regular

CX Singapore base Flight attendant recruitment 09/2008!

Post by becrew » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 5:46 pm

I just saw it on Saturday newspaper! I didn't expect that CX will come again so quickly! If i am not mistaken, they just came to recruit singapoe base flight attendant about 6 months ago.

anyway, for those who are interested can submit their CV to this address before 13 September 2008!

SIN#[email protected]

Good luck to everyone! :D

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:45 pm

Cheers!!!

i going to write in..,yahoo!!!

Huat ar!

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:51 pm

any cathay crew.... may i know sg based fly internationally or dosmetically doing just turns? cheers.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:54 pm

Lovely shan wrote:any cathay crew.... may i know sg based fly internationally or dosmetically doing just turns? cheers.

if i am not wrong, they are only doing HK flights...
(=^_^=)

patterious

Post by patterious » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 1:22 am

Yes.. SIN-HKG-SIN

But sometime is turn sometime is nightstop. They also got 2 nights stay too.
-_-

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 7:01 am

patterious wrote:Yes.. SIN-HKG-SIN

But sometime is turn sometime is nightstop. They also got 2 nights stay too.
halo,

any idea what's the pay range? thks.

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Post by Dylla » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:15 am

cool.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally CX having another recruitment....!!!!
Anybody care to share hows the interview process is like?

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 2:06 pm

the process is much simpler than the other airline interviews.

1st round is the reach test, must be able to reach the mark on the wall...if u pass that then u'll be grouped into tens and wait for group interview. in that, you'll do a self intro and answer the qn that is posted to everyone in general, usually why u want to join CX and stuff. after everyone is done with self intro, the interviewer will post a group discussion question where u are required to discuss among urselves and come up with a common answer to present to the interviewer.

after that, everyone will be given a card saying that u'll be notified within 2 weeks or so if u're shortlisted for the next round of interview.

2nd round is the final round, which comprises of a 1-1 or a 2-1 interview, and a chinese language assessment test. 1-1 interview is just like a management interview where they will throw u questions on ur experience, why u wanna join this airline, etc etc...

the language assessment is to test ur mandarin. they'll give u a paragraph with chinese han yu pin below the characters (its usually an inflight announcement). you'll be given time to read the passage to yourself before reading it aloud to the personnel. after reading the passage, you'll be asked some questions in english where you have to answer in mandarin... simple questions like why do you want to be a cabin crew with CX and what are your hobbies etc.

you'll be given a card which states that if u're shortlisted you'll get notified within 6 weeks. if you pass, then go for medical checkup, and then pre employment briefing, signing of contract and etc. lastly, prepare to fly to HK for 6 weeks of intensive training!

hths! :D

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 7:25 pm

whitepetals wrote:the process is much simpler than the other airline interviews.

1st round is the reach test, must be able to reach the mark on the wall...if u pass that then u'll be grouped into tens and wait for group interview. in that, you'll do a self intro and answer the qn that is posted to everyone in general, usually why u want to join CX and stuff. after everyone is done with self intro, the interviewer will post a group discussion question where u are required to discuss among urselves and come up with a common answer to present to the interviewer.

after that, everyone will be given a card saying that u'll be notified within 2 weeks or so if u're shortlisted for the next round of interview.

2nd round is the final round, which comprises of a 1-1 or a 2-1 interview, and a chinese language assessment test. 1-1 interview is just like a management interview where they will throw u questions on ur experience, why u wanna join this airline, etc etc...

the language assessment is to test ur mandarin. they'll give u a paragraph with chinese han yu pin below the characters (its usually an inflight announcement). you'll be given time to read the passage to yourself before reading it aloud to the personnel. after reading the passage, you'll be asked some questions in english where you have to answer in mandarin... simple questions like why do you want to be a cabin crew with CX and what are your hobbies etc.

you'll be given a card which states that if u're shortlisted you'll get notified within 6 weeks. if you pass, then go for medical checkup, and then pre employment briefing, signing of contract and etc. lastly, prepare to fly to HK for 6 weeks of intensive training!

Hi,

may i know the pay range and does it have bond on this contrcat for CX?
besdies how's the cre operating patern in terms of off days and also how freuent of HKG flights you get to work for each week. and for each turnard, its 4 sectors meaning 2 times toanf fro or just on sector. thks. Btw, the interval between interview process to start of training it takes how long? any current cre who is able to enlighten me? cheers!

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:48 pm

this is one of the older posts in another CX thread...

"well my friend is doing this sin-base. yes its just sg to hk and its fixed. u will get ONE flight to somewhere some ppl got lucky and went to JAPAN or something but that's during training.

Paywise its 1250 for basic and then 15 bucks/hr for airtime, every month its abt 70 hrs airtime and allowance when you are in Hk i am not sure but i think its below 600-1000 per month depends u see, and all subjected to CPF contribution. U go do the math ^^

i hope i'm not breaking some taboo telling this but if it is administrator, pls delete this post then.

cheerios"

i'm not too sure about flight patterns cos im not with them... yet. HAHA! but the interval between medical check to the training seems pretty fast, about 1 mth or so as from what i realized from the previous batch of successful applicants. :)

im wondering how long a wait should we expect to get the email to say we're shortlisted? i doubt it's anytime soon since they say last day is 13 sept. :?

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:53 pm

whitepetals wrote:this is one of the older posts in another CX thread...

"well my friend is doing this sin-base. yes its just sg to hk and its fixed. u will get ONE flight to somewhere some ppl got lucky and went to JAPAN or something but that's during training.

Paywise its 1250 for basic and then 15 bucks/hr for airtime, every month its abt 70 hrs airtime and allowance when you are in Hk i am not sure but i think its below 600-1000 per month depends u see, and all subjected to CPF contribution. U go do the math ^^

i hope i'm not breaking some taboo telling this but if it is administrator, pls delete this post then.

cheerios"

i'm not too sure about flight patterns cos im not with them... yet. HAHA! but the interval between medical check to the training seems pretty fast, about 1 mth or so as from what i realized from the previous batch of successful applicants. :)

im wondering how long a wait should we expect to get the email to say we're shortlisted? i doubt it's anytime soon since they say last day is 13 sept. :?
thanks for your info, but do anyone else have a more clearer pic? thks.

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Post by Dylla » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 8:44 am

whitepetals wrote:the process is much simpler than the other airline interviews.

Thank You so much Whitepetals for the very detailed info on the recruitment process...

hmm...i'm aware that CX do turnaround flights to HK..So, how about candidates who are non-Chinese? Should we also sit for the Mandarin test?

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Re: CX Singapore base Flight attendant recruitment 09/2008!

Post by Dylla » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 9:20 am

becrew wrote:I just saw it on Saturday newspaper! I didn't expect that CX will come again so quickly! If i am not mistaken, they just came to recruit singapoe base flight attendant about 6 months ago.

anyway, for those who are interested can submit their CV to this address before 13 September 2008!

SIN#[email protected]

Good luck to everyone! :D
Hi there...Just to clarify...does the email address contain a # sign?
Ive surfed CX website to double-check on this...but there is not info regarding CX recruitment for Sg Based..

becrew
Regular
Regular

Post by becrew » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:58 am

yes, the address contains #sign... that is what it shows on the newspaper.

viper
Regular
Regular

Post by viper » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:37 am

SIN#[email protected] - i cant send out the email leh ...bounced back...