Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application Final Stage

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
noplans

PR Application Final Stage

Postby noplans » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 5:33 pm

I have asked the officer in ICA, they told me my application status is in final stage. Does anyone know how long I have to wait for the application outcome?

DanShaku

Postby DanShaku » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:33 am

Mine took me 6 weeks

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:42 am

Unless things have highly changed, the folks at ICA are heavily overworked.

If you are something simple like a PR as a result of rolling over a dependents pass for an EP who has made PR, it might just be a couple of weeks. Otherwise, expect many weeks... possibly more than the 6 noted.. mine took almost 3 months... with no special exceptions as far as I know.

positano
Regular
Regular

Postby positano » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 9:40 am

can you ask the ICA officer for an indication of how much longer it will take?

i know quite a few expats who became permanent residents of Singapore. the fastest processing time i've heard of is 4 weeks and the longest was about a year. on average though (based on my friends' experiences), it takes 2 to 3 months.

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Postby Leone and John » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:48 am

We applied for ours just over a week ago and have been told to expect to wait at least 3 months ...... apparently ~ 400 per day apply for the PR!

Would be nice if ours comes thru in under 3 mths, that would be a bonus .... otherwise we sit back and wait for our Christmas present!
Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]

Stoven

Postby Stoven » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 1:09 pm

Is the final stage before or after the interview? I have applied for landed PR over 3 months ago and am still waiting on a response. Last week the Singapore consulate-general in San Francisco said they would call when they find out the status of my application. I was told that once approved, I have 2 months to schedule an interview in Singapore before I receive PR.

If the final stage is after the interview and can take up to 6 weeks does that mean I will have to leave Singapore after the interview and wait until I finally receive PR before I can return permanently?

Steve

noplans

Postby noplans » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 3:49 pm

I applied under professional scheme, haven't got any letter yet.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 7:13 pm

noplans wrote:I applied under professional scheme, haven't got any letter yet.

So, how long has it been?

noplans

Postby noplans » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 9:31 pm

About 2.5 months since I applied.

noplans

Postby noplans » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 3:12 pm

Just called ICA, my application has been approved and I am waiting for my letter now. Expected 1 week earlier than the usual 3 months :p

Tartan

Postby Tartan » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 7:06 am

Hi, I thought I'd add to this post rather than create a new one.

I've got my PR appointment next week to complete the formalities but just wanted to ask if anybody could answer the following questions.

Will this be the last visit to ICA? Does everything get done, re-entry permit, IC etc etc in the same appointment or will i have to go and queue up after my appointment to get the other things done on the same day?

Do they need to retain my passport at all? I'm possibly having to go back to the UK very soon and need my passport so I'd like to know in advance if they want to keep hold of it for a few days to a week.

Thanks
Tartan

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 5:56 pm

As far as I know, they never hold your passport. Your Passport re-entry permit will be stamped in it while you wait. Have you had a face to face interview yet? if so, I would then assume that you trip will be to collect your blue NRIC and have your reentry permit entered in your passport at that time.

It's been quite a while since I got my blue NRIC so it's possible a lot has changed since then.

Tartan

Postby Tartan » Sun, 12 Oct 2008 6:21 pm

Cool!

Sounds like it could be a nice clean process then. I don't think I have a formal interview. We've got to take photo's, passport and medical examination results with us and i've made an appointment so hopefully it's not a case of queuing for hours like the original application submission. It seemed most of the hold up was people without the right documents etc and having to fill in justification letters and personally i thought they should be told to go away and come back when they'd bothered to read the application notes properly.

If they do it all there and then and I walk away with a stamp in my passport and the NRIC card I'll be chuffed. I assume they'll take away my WP and my wife's DP at the same time.

Thanks

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 5:02 pm

Passport will be stamped and returned the same day and you'll also get your REP also.

You'll have to return in 7 days to collect your IC, either in person or you can nominate someone else to but filling out the form they give you for collection. Got a feeling this has to be either a Citizen or a SPR.

Stoven

Postby Stoven » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:33 pm

I will be in Singapore in a month for my interview to finish my PR formalities. I am planning on doing my medical exam when I get there and want to know how far in advance I need to make the appointment and how long it takes to get results? I will be in Singapore for 2 weeks. Will that be enough time. Do I need to make an international call to make my medical exam apppointment sooner?

Thanks,

Steve