Singapore Expats Forum

Beach volleyball @Tanjong beach, Sentosa SAT 30th Aug 2:30pm

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
NJB

Ha ha!

Postby NJB » Wed, 22 Oct 2008 5:32 pm

Well I will definitely come along soon. I would be key to any team having not played Vball for..ooo..about 20 years..and def not on sand having played it in a comp school in Leeds. I am evilly loving the fact that you guys keep having to post the details everytime..I almost want to ask you where, when who can come etc just to cause you pain....is there anyway you could start a new thread with all the details in the title???

masterpade

Postby masterpade » Thu, 23 Oct 2008 7:19 pm

Hey Guys and Gals
My name is Paddy and just wanted to ask if a few friends can come down on saturday, don't want to crowd the court though so other people get playing time too!
The volleyball courts on sentosa are the ones you guys play on and the ones at siloso beach right ?

Thanks

p.s You will be playing on monday at around 2pm yes ?

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 4:57 pm

masterpade wrote:Hey Guys and Gals
My name is Paddy and just wanted to ask if a few friends can come down on saturday, don't want to crowd the court though so other people get playing time too!
The volleyball courts on sentosa are the ones you guys play on and the ones at siloso beach right ?

Thanks

p.s You will be playing on monday at around 2pm yes ?

Hiya Paddy,

Yes, you're most welcome to bring your friends down on Saturday. There are a few regulars who are out-of-town this weekend due to the holiday so there will be ample opportunity for everyone to play. Let me know if you want my mobile number so you can find us and I will PM it to you.

We play at Tanjong beach, not Siloso beach. It's at the other end of Sentosa. Siloso beach tends to be more crowded hence we play there.

We should be playing on Monday, I'll have to confirm tomorrow that we will have enough players willing to come along.

See you at the beach!

Jeremy.

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hee hee!

Postby JermD » Fri, 24 Oct 2008 6:28 pm

NJB wrote:Well I will definitely come along soon. I would be key to any team having not played Vball for..ooo..about 20 years..and def not on sand having played it in a comp school in Leeds. I am evilly loving the fact that you guys keep having to post the details everytime..I almost want to ask you where, when who can come etc just to cause you pain....is there anyway you could start a new thread with all the details in the title???

I like the subject NJB, it wasn't lost on me. And I didn't know "evilly" was really an adverb, I had to look it up. It is.

Like yourself I hadn't played volleyball in a long time. It's not too different playing on sand to indoors, possibly a little warmer and with the added advantage of being able to kick the ball if you can't get any hands to it in time. Don't let your lack of recent experience sway you in coming down. We are very social and have players of all abilities, ages and sizes (as well as nationalities). So come out soon.

As for your comment about starting a new thread with all the details in the title, yes, I was planning on doing that soon. I used to post every week, but I think I'll just leave a generic one for people to discover and comment on...

masterpade

Postby masterpade » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 3:55 pm

Was there yesterday, just didn't know where to start asking!
Were you guys at the far court furthest away from KM8 ?

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 5:21 pm

masterpade wrote:Was there yesterday, just didn't know where to start asking!
Were you guys at the far court furthest away from KM8 ?

Yes...our court was set right infront of the tent. We are a friendly bunch here...just make the intro simple.." are u guys from the expats forum..."
U can look for jeremy or myself.

debs

mulffett
Regular
Regular

Postby mulffett » Sun, 26 Oct 2008 8:57 pm

Aww I have missed out so much F U N!!! My last weekends were occupied by some trainings... and I MISS THE SUN AND SWEAT!!!

Would be BEAUTIFUL if the game is on TOMORROW!!!....

Deb/ Jeremy???

(wishing for a YES!!)

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:42 am

Yes, we're definitely playing again on Monday. Give me a call if you can't find us. Or look for Debs' two little doggies.

mulffett
Regular
Regular

Postby mulffett » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:49 am

Same place, same time, 2 30pm??

Cool Deb is going to be there too?

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:20 pm

Yup, same place and same time.

..just look for the red chair..

mulffett
Regular
Regular

Postby mulffett » Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:19 pm

Good game everyone, I feel alive again!

Thanks Maria, for the tips on how to serve the ball -without hurting yourself! Loving it~

Surprisingly enough, no blue-black (s) on me this time! YAY!! Think my wrists and arms are "seasoned" XDXDXD

Jerm: Hope your pinkie is alright :D

Debbsan

Postby Debbsan » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:01 am

Thanks Jerm and all for the game on Monday. Hope see to all of you again ya!!!

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 2:26 pm

Debbsan wrote:Thanks Jerm and all for the game on Monday. Hope see to all of you again ya!!!

You're welcome Debbie. Look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon.

mulffett wrote:Jerm: Hope your pinkie is alright

Yes, it's improving now. Should be fairly usable by tomorrow's game.

Chickan

Hi:)

Postby Chickan » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 3:30 pm

I was thinking about joining you at saturday if you would be playing. I havent been playing Beach volley but played indoor when I was younger.

Are you playing on saturday? at 2pm? and am i welcome to join:)
:)

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 2:58 pm

Hi Chickan,

Yes, we're playing on Saturday - every Saturday (pretty much) in fact. Here's a generic post I made with details about location, etc:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic54388.html

And yes, you're welcome to join.

Beach volley isn't that much different to indoor volley - maybe more of a chance to get a tan (or conversely, sunburn) however. Technically beach volley is 2-a-side but we play anywhere from 3 to 6, depending on how many people are there at the time.

Let me know if you want my mobile number to contact me if you need to find us on the beach.

Jeremy.