Singapore Expats Forum

could of, would of, should of

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 9:34 pm

I'm sorry, you've obviously mistaken me for someone who actually gives a sh*t about this topic. Sort of.

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 9:39 pm

my my, such nice intestinal tracks. haven't seen a better specimen since...dinner!
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 9:46 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Sort of.

Does that mean "Sort have" since you're speaking native? :-k

Or "Sod off" since native speakers can't spell? :mrgreen:

You natives better pull up your socks if you want to converse with us linguistically perfect non-natives!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:57 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Sort of.

Does that mean "Sort have" since you're speaking native? :-k

Or "Sod off" since native speakers can't spell? :mrgreen:

You natives better pull up your socks if you want to converse with us linguistically perfect non-natives!


Yes to all of the above... I mean I just don't give a sh*t... sort of... so sod off... sort have the idea?

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:09 pm

:lol:

Good comeback. Sort of.

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:13 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Sort of.

Does that mean "Sort have" since you're speaking native? :-k

Or "Sod off" since native speakers can't spell? :mrgreen:

You natives better pull up your socks if you want to converse with us linguistically perfect non-natives!


Yes to all of the above... I mean I just don't give a sh*t... sort of... so sod off... sort have the idea?


Did you mean "Yes to all have the above..." ? I ofn't a clue!
Image
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:37 pm

banana wrote:I ofn't a clue!

Should of known.

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:52 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
banana wrote:I ofn't a clue!

Should of known.


Sho..ooosh you.
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat, 05 Apr 2008
Location: in question

Postby kaseyma » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 4:54 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sierra2469alpha wrote:Mrs. C and my pet hate - the improper use of the... colon

I stuffed my colon with a MacDonald's hot fudge sundae today :oops: ... is that an improper use? :wink:

It sure is improper, but you can maybe set things straight with fresh fruits and vegetables and maybe some foods with anti-oxidants.
I hear that intense dark chocolate has anti-oxidants. :wink:
Think I'll go get some.
Mmmm.

Oops, off topic, eh?

What a myth that native English speakers know and use proper English grammer.

If that were true, sites like the following wouldn't need to exist.
http://www.grammarerrors.com/

As a French friend once said, this language of Shakespeare is damn difficult.

User avatar
EADG
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu, 01 Sep 2005

Postby EADG » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:35 pm

maybe but you gotta admit, most of the stuff The Yellow One dishes out is brilliant

Strong Eagle wrote:I'm sorry, you've obviously mistaken me for someone who actually gives a sh*t about this topic. Sort of.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 5:28 pm

I second that opinion :P :lol:
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 6:18 pm

Turd. I mean, third. :mrgreen:

User avatar
banana
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue, 24 May 2005

Postby banana » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:47 pm

why spank you! :twisted:
some signatures are more equal than others

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 12:02 am

Image
......................................................

'nuff said Image


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests