Singapore Expats Forum

Expat band is still looking for a singer

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
halhead
Regular
Regular

Expat band is still looking for a singer

Postby halhead » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 6:30 pm

The problem about the expat band is that the members are constantly changing as they transfer to other country or their home... Here we are, same old thing we have lost our good singer. She is going back to Australia. We are looking for a new singer male, female or in-between as long as you are a good singer and make yourself available once a week for the band. You have never done this before? It's OK. Give it a try! Contact me halheda@mac.com. To see what we do, go to http://homepage.mac.com/halhead/SuzukiB ... ter29.html
Last edited by halhead on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

ashlee.c

singer??

Postby ashlee.c » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 9:06 pm

hey i saw your post and im interested in what u guys do.
Im 22 from melbourne australia and did the whole gig/band scene before i came to singapore to study musical theatre at lasalle college of the arts and i do miss it...i got a few questions.....what music do you do, is it like whats on the charts or u do original stuff? do u gig much? how many are in the band and where you from?? my email, rednut_ash@hotmail.com

thanks ashlee :)
21 female student from australia newcastle/melb. Doing Musical Theatre BA (hons) degree here in singapore. been here already for 2 years now so i know my way around. Feel free to drop an email always happy to help or simply meet new people.

cheers ash :)

Hactar

bounce bounce

Postby Hactar » Wed, 29 Oct 2008 8:31 pm

I tried to email you, but my mail got bounced for some reason. I was wondering whether you're still looking for someone.

I'm a 30 year old engineer from the Netherlands who's just arrived in Singapore and can't wait to play music again. I've played in different kinds of bands for half of my life either on guitar, percussion, diatonic accordion or as a singer.

I was wondering whether you're still looking for someone? It might be hard to take over from a female lead, but I am definately willing to try out and see if I fit with the band.

Jaap
"Kings and lords come and go and leave nothing but statues in a desert, while a couple of young men tinkering in a workshop change the way the world works." - The Patrician (in 'The Truth' by Terry Pratchett)