Singapore Expats Forum

"Who'll stop the rain?"

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 6:59 pm

It will stop raining next Friday the 5th at 7.45am............ Honest! :cool:

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:29 pm

Of course the very precise timing wouldn't have anything to do with your arrival, right? :wink:
One man's meat is another's poison.

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Postby Leone and John » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 9:24 am

well it might help if we all start chanting...

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Just don't come here next - Friday

ooop's, what rhymes with 7.45 ????

(Saint must be counting sleeps by now !)
Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]

chitlins

Postby chitlins » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:57 am

ozchick wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry ozchick, I just couldn't help myself! :P

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... ain#286110

9abbreviated....) I got caught riding in the rain again an hour ago and to be honest, I think I'm getting used to it ! It seems to be early to mid-afternoon yeah?
It's a little hard to see where I'm going on my 'deadly treadly' though when there's all this water poring into my eyes. D'ya reckon I could wear my swimming goggles out there on the road.........(abbreviated....)

[/quote]

You should never ride 'deadly treadly' anywhere without full eye protection. A flip-up clear plastic shield, or a full-face racing helmet. Not just for the rainy days: Singapore roads are full of earth-mover heavy lorries/trucks. They drop a ton of debris. Their rear tyres spit out the same debris at projectile speed. One of these could take out an eye, a face, a head??? Do not ride in the rain unless you are a 20-years experienced rider. If you must, buy the best, most expensive tyres you can find. Bridgestone BT Battlax series are one of the better ones for both rain and dry. Stay safe!!!!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 1:28 pm

chitlins,

I'm not real sure, but I would hazard a guess that "deadly treadly" in normal English would probably be a bicycle or as other Aussie's often refer to as a "push bike". But then again, knowing her, it may well be a motorcycle!
:P
She would look rather funny with a full face helmet and face shield on a bicycle although it would keep the rain out of her eyes. :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 3:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:She would look rather funny with a full face helmet and face shield on a bicycle although it would keep the rain out of her eyes. :wink:

Maybe she looks funny without it anyway so it doesn't make a difference. 8-[

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 7:00 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:She would look rather funny with a full face helmet and face shield on a bicycle although it would keep the rain out of her eyes. :wink:

Maybe she looks funny without it anyway so it doesn't make a difference. 8-[

Oi ! Wimoweh ! Who're ya callin' funny lookin ?!
I RESEMBLE that remark ! :evil:
And for the record, my 'deadly treadly' is a bicycle.
But yeah there is all sort of debris on the road....mm....colleagues reckon I'm dancin with death out there. But I'm just not the sort to be defeated, mm....unless it kills me first ! :wink:
I expect that you guys will give me a suitable send-off on here if worse comes to worse. Don't you buggers let me down. I expect nice things to be said about my wittiness, enormous IQ and general stuff like that- ORRIGHT ! :P :P Oh yeah and don't forget to say how humble I am. That's my best trait....oh yeah...... :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 8:45 pm

ozchick wrote:I expect nice things to be said about my wittiness, enormous IQ and general stuff like that- ORRIGHT ! :P

Of course we'll remember your silliness, enormous stuff and general IQ... or something like that. :D

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Postby micknlea » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:13 pm

You still riding that treadly on the footpaths OC? :D Just get an umbrella like the locals do... :roll:

WIMH what is up with your avatar? Have you gone crazy or something? Slow down girl it is almost the weekend.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:57 pm

micknlea wrote:WIMH what is up with your avatar? Have you gone crazy or something? Slow down girl it is almost the weekend.

It's your broadband connection - too fast! Downgrade for goodness sake, then you can appreciate my groovy moves. :)

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Postby micknlea » Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:34 am

My connection does that to you :shock:

I wish, it certainly isn't quick for anything else.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 1:33 pm

micknlea wrote:My connection does that to you :shock:I wish, it certainly isn't quick for anything else.
:D

Ah you guys are funny.....this has made my day. :D

WIMH just keep shakin' your booty babes. There are lonely men on here ya know ! :P
And Micknlea, how the hell can I hold an umbrella while I'm riding a bicycle...mm..but yeah I know what you mean..it'd be nice to give them a bit of their own medicine ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Postby micknlea » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 4:54 pm

Come on OC, if some little old uncle in a singlet can hold and umbrella and ride his treadly in peak traffic so can you! Where are your multi tasking capabilities??? Deary me.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 5:09 pm

(Shaking head), OZChick, I thought you, of all people, could ride your bike AND hold you brolly at the same time. Easy Peasy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: