Singapore Expats Forum

Thanks for the tips..Esp...Sunday MS..

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Thanks for the tips..Esp...Sunday MS..

Postby notwavingdrowning » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 7:28 am

Hi all...I am sure regular readers will see I have used this forum as my personal Q&A board...My sister is moving to Sweden next week and I wish they had an eqivalent there- as this place has been such a life saver to me!

SMS...A massive thank you for all your legal and MoM advice...and just personal advice in general...I have found a great job and I got my LTSVP and am waiting on tenterhooks for my S Pass to come thru any day now...SO I can start at my new job!

This place has helped me make real friends- as in we meet in real life and can call upon each other for anything.

This place has also sharply and quickly chastened me when I get too big for my boots..thanks for that as well...I cant believe I am greatful for being told off- but its actually helped as a person...

To all the new comers here- this board deserves an award and if it had a gift page linked people like SMS and KSL and Saint and you know who the rest of you are...would all be receiving a fine bottle of whine..oops Wine :wink:
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 8:10 am

excellent. :)

notwavingdrowning
Regular
Regular

Thank you.....

Postby notwavingdrowning » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 8:29 am

DURAIN!@^R(T%(&^)&^$(^Dammit

I cant believe I forgot Durain...& EADG and Petales...

Thankyou too xx

You guys really are the heros of this board--I cannot express enough without being too overly dramatic the importance of this forum in my first 8 weeks here...I feel amost guilty abandoning the board...Its been 12 weeks now and my life could not be better...I spent the weekend in KL last week and my partner nearly reeled when upon arriving home I said "thank goodness- I missed Singapore so much, I love this place"

I would of bet my first born on me NEVER saying that...

This place is pretty magical and can grow on you big time if you are not careful... :wink:
notwavingdrowning...is back from the Ashram and looking for a new career.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:19 am

notdrowningwaving!

Congratulations on completely crossing over the invisible line. The rest of your stay will be a real joy. Glad to hear the employment thing is showing promise as will. Will keep my fingers crossed for you on the "S" Pass.

And thanks for the vote of confidence - usually I get the brickbats, not the bouquets!

sms

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 9:01 am

I feel honoured to be mentioned in the same credits as the likes of SMS, KSL etc :cool:

It's great you've settled into Singapore life and are beginning to enjoy it!

Sorry I haven't posted earlier but Mrs S and I are only 10 days away from moving to Singapore :D , I've actually already started my new Sing job and spending a couple of weeks in sunny Crawley! We're doing our goodbyes, dealing with idiot agents but that's all part of the fun! :lol: