Singapore Expats

Where to get a good facial...?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
bebe le chotchkey

Where to get a good facial...?

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:28 am

I need to get a facial...however, I don't want to spend $200...I had one when I got here a few weeks ago at the Raffles Town Club? but it was't that fab...where is a truly great place that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks a million!!!
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Re: Where to get a good facial...?

Post by feline.eyes » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 1:24 pm

bebe le chotchkey wrote:I need to get a facial...however, I don't want to spend $200...I had one when I got here a few weeks ago at the Raffles Town Club? but it was't that fab...where is a truly great place that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks a million!!!
There is someone that I go to and she is fantastic. She has been practicing for 10 over years so she is very experienced and well versed in holistic/natural health care. If you want great service at a reasonable price but are not fussed about a "spa experience", she is awesome. I have to explain the bit about the absence of a "spa experience": she moved from just practicing to teaching, and she still accepts clients but she does her treatments at the school which is more clinical than spa like.

So if you want skills but not thrills, give her a call: Chris at 91000010 (the school is around Tanjong Pagar)
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Beautifuldiya

Post by Beautifuldiya » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 4:46 pm

You can try Waxon Beauty Room at Jalan Bukit Merah.The shop is small & price are reasonabel but the service is really very efficient.

They also do waxing and eyebrow threading.

You need to go to the ABC brickwork market place & look for the shop.

Donot have the number but i think you should try it once.

elska76
Chatter
Chatter

Post by elska76 » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 6:06 pm

I go to Bella Skincare.....initially i tot they were expensive....but they were willing to work within my budget and so far im happy with the results.

You can read up about them via this link..... http://www.bellaskin.com.sg/

I also use some of their products.....i havent gone for a facial for 2 months now hahahahah
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 7:36 am

Try the Radiance Facial at Spa @ Loewen garden - ask for Vicky. It's $90 - and they use Decleor products. Fantastic. Excellent with extractions - which is difficult to find in asia. Here's a link w map. They also have a little play area for kids, cooking school that has excellent coffee and some design shops.

http://www.expatlivingsingapore.com/Loewen.html

bebe le chotchkey

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:08 am

Thanks so much...I'll try these out...if anyone comes across any other good facials let me know...especially if they are really good at doing extractions, use good products, offer massage, good exfoliation, etc.

bebe le chotchkey

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:27 pm

Why does your message sound like a sales pitch...? btw in my experience at going to one-stop-shop places, while you may do many things under your roof, you probably only do a couple of them really well...I want to go to a place that SPECIALIZES in facials / body treatment...not a place where I can get my lip waxed, nails done, hair cut, liver cleansed, and annual female exam done...thanks again! Please take this lightly...I have a crazy sense of humor...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 2:21 pm

Yep, he sure sounded like he was advertising to me as well. Oh well, you would think they would learn on this board. We just don't take to kindly to solicitors and advertisers.......

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jacques007

Post by jacques007 » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 5:02 pm

Well, looking at all the replies, I can say that all are advertising...

But taking things from your point of view, yea maybe mine was a bit like a selling my own products kinda thing..

As you're looking for a facial that doesnt cost much, relaxing, value for money, good service etc, I'm only trying to recommend the ones I know.. I'll take the moderator's advice into consideration next time I post.. :)

bebe le chotchkey

Post by bebe le chotchkey » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:32 pm

This thread is regarding facial treatment not weight loss...

jacques007

Post by jacques007 » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:53 pm

haha.. yea.. guess he got the wrong topic to post his reply.. Even the subject states clearly that it's a facial...