Singapore Expats Forum

Ways to keep ur motivation in fitness

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

dennis_tew

Ways to keep ur motivation in fitness

Postby dennis_tew » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 1:04 pm

Make Working Out A Key
Part Of Your Life.
1 Schedule it in and put it on your calendar. Make it a real commitment. It is a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix.
2. Choose A Convenient Gym.
Choose a gym or a place to work out that is convenient and close.
3. Set Attainable Goals.
Instead of saying, I aim to lose 40 lbs or gain 10 lbs of muscle, set weekly and monthly goals to increase your reps or weight and/or increase your cardio.
4. Start Off Slow.
Don't go in and work out so hard that you make yourself too sore to move. Focus on form and getting into the groove.
5. Vary Your Routine.
Doing the same thing over and over will likely result in a plateau. Try to change your sets, reps, weights and/or rest period between sets at least once a month.
6. Keep A Journal.
Keep a journal and hold yourself accountable to making improvements. How will you know when you get there, if you can't remember where you've been?
7. Use The Buddy System.
Train with a friend to keep up the energy. There is nothing like some friendly competition to spur a good workout.
8. Be Patient.
Make a promise to yourself to stick with it for at least 3 to 4 months. Consistency is key! Mark your calendar at the 3 or 4 month mark and if you stick to it, reward yourself with a new outfit or a vacation.
9. Get Enough Sleep!
Lack of sleep will derail your training program faster than anything. You will likely over eat to compensate for energy and/or skips the gym all together.
Last edited by dennis_tew on Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs."

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 2:23 pm

Tic....Tok....Tik.....Tok....Tic.....

Just waiting....... :cool:

abraham1

Thankyou

Postby abraham1 » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 8:40 pm

Thank you for your information, i will try it

dennis_tew

Postby dennis_tew » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 2:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Tic....Tok....Tik.....Tok....Tic.....

Just waiting....... :cool:

waiting???
"A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs."

dennis_tew

Re: Thankyou

Postby dennis_tew » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 2:35 am

abraham1 wrote:Thank you for your information, i will try it

Yours most welcome :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 8:50 am

Right. Sure you will. Advertising a US firm and claiming your location is in the US but funny thing is you are using an Indian ISP.

And our local friend doesn't even see anything strange about that. He thinks his post is being altruistic AND that someone would register all the way from the US just to tell him they'll try it? #-o

dennis_tew

Postby dennis_tew » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:05 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Right. Sure you will. Advertising a US firm and claiming your location is in the US but funny thing is you are using an Indian ISP.

And our local friend doesn't even see anything strange about that. He thinks his post is being altruistic AND that someone would register all the way from the US just to tell him they'll try it? #-o

i think its the polite way of me by saying yr welcome , ever though he/she is fr which/whatever location. Remember.. i'm not the moderator. Plus i don't know what you are trying to do or insult... i guess its a trouble to post useful fitness information in this (beauty, health & fitness) and yet get the shooting from no where..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 1:36 pm

The fact of the matter is that you are just trying your best to circumvent our non-solicitation policy on this Forum/Board. If you weren't in it for money then why post your company url in your signature AND the hyperlink in your Profile and then ONLY talk about fitness/health/diet when most people actually have more interests and not a one track mind. Generally altruistic replies are in response to somebody's direct question and not just a posting out of the blue.....

8. Hire A Trainer Or Coach.

Who would you recommend?

I mean you are giving out altruistic information here so you must have somebody in mind that you feel is worthy to perform that which you are recommending, correct? Somebody who you have used as an end user and can recommend? Besides the two guys who work for you that is.......

Or were you hoping they would go to your website and then contact YOU?

You have to wake up really early in the morning.......

dennis_tew

Postby dennis_tew » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:03 pm

I see and now i know what pisses you off.. well no problem .. i just make the changes . Thanks for the advise.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 6:58 am

Dennis,

It doesn't P**s me off. It P**sses off our forum regulars. They like to come on these boards and not have to worry about some advertiser ripping them off. This board works on recommendations and not advertising. However, when advertisers & shills start working in tandem, we are usually able to spot them as well. Once in a while we get a real jerk who tries to circumvent our policies here and when we have had our fill, we just lock the account.

Forewarned is forearmed. Our Regulars usually send up PM's to flag advertisers and other who just don't smell right in case we miss them. You, are however, now on our radar and even though you have "taken a hint" we will still be watching to protect our regulars from your advertising.

However, if you want to advertise you are welcome to place a free advertisement in the Classified Section of this site. It's free and it's not in violation of our non-advertising, non-solicitation policies here in the forum itself. Of course, you are not allowed to refer to it either here in the forum.

alternatively, you can approach Joop about placing a banner advert and that will also give you a sticky at the top of one of the threads as well. So, violation of policy and a locked account or the above solutions - the choice is yours.

ElvinYeo

Postby ElvinYeo » Sat, 23 Aug 2008 8:09 pm

Well i am going to try he tips you posted. Thanks for sharing :)

dennis_tew

Postby dennis_tew » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 4:50 pm

yr welcome Elvin