Singapore Expats

ISO certification

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
chixchix
Editor
Editor

ISO certification

Post by chixchix » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 3:16 pm

How do we get info on getting our company to be ISO certified ? Can anyone please help me with the contact details and the procedures. thanks!!!
Always have a smile on that face!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 7:14 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:26 am

8-) thanks SMS

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Winxkid » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 3:27 am

woot..

chic gotta be one serious investor, considering that getting ISO certified costs a bomb...
petsgdirectory.blogspot.com

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 9:50 am

hahahaha no lah ..asking on behalf of my hubby,he in marine line :)

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Winxkid » Mon, 15 Sep 2008 2:06 pm

oic.....

You can avoid full-scale ISO and do a ISO on operational procedure instead :D
petsgdirectory.blogspot.com

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Post by saint73 » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 8:20 pm

chixchix wrote:hahahaha no lah ..asking on behalf of my hubby,he in marine line :)
You should advise your hubby getting DNV certification.
All Marine or offshores need DNV certification.

I have lose order bcos my product do not have DNV certified. :cry: :cry:
My keppel fels need DNV certifed.. :cry:

http://www.dnvcert.com/DNV/Certificatio ... s/WhyDNV2/

NOt easy to get bcos you need have own warehouse...

DNV is one of the world's leading certification bodies/registrars offering the latest in management systems certification services. With more than 50,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment.

With the following qualities, we are well equipped to satisfy your organization's certification needs:

* We offer Risk Based Certification as the standard way of conducting all management system certification. With our risk-based approach to certification, you get more than just a certificate. Our auditors will also evaluate how your management system handles risks, i.e. identifying strengths, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities.

* We provide a "one stop shopping" concept by offering a range of both single and integrated certification services that enhance the effectiveness of the certification process.

* We have offices all over the world that can provide local service to you. Our employees speak your language and know your local needs, customs, and market.

* We are one of the few global certification bodies actively involved in the development of new international standards, such as the Occupational Health and Safety standard OHSAS 18001 and the Social Accountability standard, SA 8000.

* We are a leading, independent provider of validation and verification/certification services for greenhouse gas emissions reductions. Currently, we are accredited under the UK Emissions Trading Scheme, the Californian Climate Action Registry in the US, and accredited as an operating entity under the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention for Climate Change) accreditation system.

* We have one of the most stringent auditor training and qualification programs in the business, guaranteeing that our Risk Based Certification services are delivered by top quality every time, everywhere.

sgmem88

Post by sgmem88 » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 2:27 am

I think PSB is a good place to look for certification locally though I'm not sure they have exactly what you need.

http://www.psbcert.com/index.html

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 8:41 am

Hii thanks for all the advises.. however, yes as Saint you mentioned about DNV ..its not easy ..my hubby was with them before.. but now it seems that MPA has come up with something for Marine Employers.. anyways ,,,does keppel FEls belong to you ... thats a big company right if I am not mistaken ??

:)

saint73
Chatter
Chatter

Post by saint73 » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 9:22 pm

chixchix wrote:Hii thanks for all the advises.. however, yes as Saint you mentioned about DNV ..its not easy ..my hubby was with them before.. but now it seems that MPA has come up with something for Marine Employers.. anyways ,,,does keppel FEls belong to you ... thats a big company right if I am not mistaken ??

:)
:mrgreen: =D> No, I dnt own any keppel fel just that I had quote them some quotation as my price is good compare to other competitor only that Keppel need DNV cert not only ISO cert.

I had request DNV taiwan to issue the cert there but the factory do not have the document to meet the DNV requirement...

My supplier at taiwan & I trying my best to contacted DNV singapore but they need you must have own testing factilities.

:cry: That why I lose this order....I juz a small fly.... :cry:

albertjames

ISO 9000

Post by albertjames » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 7:55 am

ISO 9000 is a family of standards for quality management systems. ISO 9000 is maintained by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies. Some of the requirements in ISO 9001.
-----------
albertjames
opinion leader