SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
chixchix wrote:hahahaha no lah ..asking on behalf of my hubby,he in marine line
You should advise your hubby getting DNV certification.
All Marine or offshores need DNV certification.
I have lose order bcos my product do not have DNV certified.
My keppel fels need DNV certifed..
http://www.dnvcert.com/DNV/Certificatio ... s/WhyDNV2/
NOt easy to get bcos you need have own warehouse...
DNV is one of the world's leading certification bodies/registrars offering the latest in management systems certification services. With more than 50,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment.
With the following qualities, we are well equipped to satisfy your organization's certification needs:
* We offer Risk Based Certification as the standard way of conducting all management system certification. With our risk-based approach to certification, you get more than just a certificate. Our auditors will also evaluate how your management system handles risks, i.e. identifying strengths, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities.
* We provide a "one stop shopping" concept by offering a range of both single and integrated certification services that enhance the effectiveness of the certification process.
* We have offices all over the world that can provide local service to you. Our employees speak your language and know your local needs, customs, and market.
* We are one of the few global certification bodies actively involved in the development of new international standards, such as the Occupational Health and Safety standard OHSAS 18001 and the Social Accountability standard, SA 8000.
* We are a leading, independent provider of validation and verification/certification services for greenhouse gas emissions reductions. Currently, we are accredited under the UK Emissions Trading Scheme, the Californian Climate Action Registry in the US, and accredited as an operating entity under the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention for Climate Change) accreditation system.
* We have one of the most stringent auditor training and qualification programs in the business, guaranteeing that our Risk Based Certification services are delivered by top quality every time, everywhere.
Hii thanks for all the advises.. however, yes as Saint you mentioned about DNV ..its not easy ..my hubby was with them before.. but now it seems that MPA has come up with something for Marine Employers.. anyways ,,,does keppel FEls belong to you ... thats a big company right if I am not mistaken ??
Always have a smile on that face!
chixchix wrote:Hii thanks for all the advises.. however, yes as Saint you mentioned about DNV ..its not easy ..my hubby was with them before.. but now it seems that MPA has come up with something for Marine Employers.. anyways ,,,does keppel FEls belong to you ... thats a big company right if I am not mistaken ??
No, I dnt own any keppel fel just that I had quote them some quotation as my price is good compare to other competitor only that Keppel need DNV cert not only ISO cert.
I had request DNV taiwan to issue the cert there but the factory do not have the document to meet the DNV requirement...
My supplier at taiwan & I trying my best to contacted DNV singapore but they need you must have own testing factilities.
That why I lose this order....I juz a small fly....
chixchix wrote:How do we get info on getting our company to be ISO certified ? Can anyone please help me with the contact details and the procedures. thanks!!!
Honestly, getting ISO Certification is not an easy task. It requires a lot of documentation and procedures.
Types of ISO Certification:
ISO has various standard certification and it can be applicable for any organization as well as individual service providers. Here is the type of ISO Certification.
* ISO 9001 - Quality Management System[/list]
* ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System[/list]
* ISO 22000 - Food Safety Management System[/list]
* ISO 20000 - IT Service Management System[/list]
* ISO 27001 - Information Security Management System[/list]
* ISO 50001 - Energy Management System[/list]
Most ISO Standards are specific to the products and Services. However, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 are generic managment system standards that can be applied to any organization.
How to Get ISO Certification:
As i mentioned above getting ISO Certification for your business is risky. Although it is not a requirement for any of the international standards, some organizations prefer to use an ISO Accredited Certification body or ISO Consultants to help them implement international standards, and your organization may want to do the same.
Reference : ISO Certification. Check out this link, they are located in UAE, but they are able to provide certification services all over the world.
Hope it helps, Thanks
- Similar Topics
- Last post
UK Post Office: Notary/document certification (cheap)
by JR8 » Thu, 24 Jul 2014 1:08 pm » in Strictly Speaking
View the latest post
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 1:08 pm
Scuba Center for PADI Open Water Diver Certification
by briandragon » Thu, 26 Feb 2015 3:46 pm » in Entertainment, Leisure & Sports
View the latest post
Tue, 07 Apr 2015 9:55 am
EP Application - Latin Honors & Oracle Certification
by loryin » Sat, 30 Sep 2017 9:57 pm » in Careers & Jobs in Singapore
View the latest post
Sun, 01 Oct 2017 10:45 am
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests