Best location for a $2500 budget

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
mokinator
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:58 am
Location: US

Best location for a $2500 budget

Post by mokinator » Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:30 pm

i will be relocating from to Singapore and am shocked by the high rental prices. I was wondering if people had suggestions on where I can find the best deal for my budget of $2,500/month. I'm married so room shares are out of the question. 900 sq feet is fine, commute to the city center of 45 mins or less. Can people recommend specific locations? Also, it seems HDBs can be rented by non-citizens, how does one find available HDB's? Thanks!

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39562
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:37 pm

Just look in the Classified section of the local newspapers.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nhonho_88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 2:44 pm

Post by nhonho_88 » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 3:43 pm

I'm in Vietnam, some of my friends want to go to Singapore to study so I am searching for the rental houses. I'm shocked too, the price is so high with foreign students, especially Vietnamese students. But I think It is right because the standard here is so high so the cost is also high. :???: :lol:

frenzal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 1:10 pm

Post by frenzal » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 6:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just look in the Classified section of the local newspapers.
There's more newspapers than the straits times?

louy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 5:29 pm

Re: Best location for a $2500 budget

Post by louy » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 6:57 pm

mokinator wrote:i will be relocating from to Singapore and am shocked by the high rental prices. I was wondering if people had suggestions on where I can find the best deal for my budget of $2,500/month. I'm married so room shares are out of the question. 900 sq feet is fine, commute to the city center of 45 mins or less. Can people recommend specific locations? Also, it seems HDBs can be rented by non-citizens, how does one find available HDB's? Thanks!
Hey,
Please can you let me know when you get any answers or good suggestions.

Your situation is almost exactly the same as mine.

Cheers,

Hithnar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 6:48 am

Post by Hithnar » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:24 am

Why not share an apartment? You can rent out full room with bathroom for your exclusive use, and only share kitchen with other flat mates. It's very convenient and you can get a good deal for a reasonable price.

frenzal
Regular
Regular
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 1:10 pm

Post by frenzal » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:52 am

Hithnar wrote:Why not share an apartment? You can rent out full room with bathroom for your exclusive use, and only share kitchen with other flat mates. It's very convenient and you can get a good deal for a reasonable price.
coming from a situation where you have your own apartment to a shared scenario is very difficult. Even if you have your own bathroom and bedroom, there's still a lack of privacy, a need to keep the noise down, an inability to have parties, etc.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39562
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:07 am

Guess you will have to get your priorities in order then. Better job with more money so you can afford what you want. Remain where you are and enjoy having the housing you like. Or modify you requirements in order to better position yourself in the future........ :?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

levnot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 8:24 am

Re: Best location for a $2500 budget

Post by levnot » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 8:55 am

mokinator wrote:i will be relocating from to Singapore and am shocked by the high rental prices. I was wondering if people had suggestions on where I can find the best deal for my budget of $2,500/month. I'm married so room shares are out of the question. 900 sq feet is fine, commute to the city center of 45 mins or less. Can people recommend specific locations? Also, it seems HDBs can be rented by non-citizens, how does one find available HDB's? Thanks!
you can try locations like tao payoh , boon keng & rocher rd.

valuable
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:19 pm

Expenses at singapore

Post by valuable » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 1:06 pm

Hi friends,
I am a software developer with 2 yrs of experience, i have got and opportunity to work in singapore, the cmpny is offering me 2500SGD /month, could you tell me how much can i save while living a moderate life at singapore, also how much do i need to negotiate with the cmpny for more salary... Thnx in advance

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39562
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 3:36 pm

First of all I would suggest doing a search of these threads as most of your questions have already been answered.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

valuable
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:19 pm

hi

Post by valuable » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:First of all I would suggest doing a search of these threads as most of your questions have already been answered.
but its a long forum.. very difficult to read all of them

User avatar
sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:50 am
Location: Singapore (Finally!)

Post by sierra2469alpha » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:17 pm

Valuable - that's why there IS a search facility.

We're not the hired help, you know! We all try to help out, but like to help those who have helped themselves first. Otherwise, our old fingers will drop off on our keyboards!

HTH, P

valuable
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:19 pm

Post by valuable » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 5:14 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Valuable - that's why there IS a search facility.

We're not the hired help, you know! We all try to help out, but like to help those who have helped themselves first. Otherwise, our old fingers will drop off on our keyboards!

HTH, P
C, i am new to this website, so i dont know where can i get the exact info, my question is pretty simple .. just wnted to know how much salary can a IT professional with 2yrs of exp can earn per month.. that's it

User avatar
sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:50 am
Location: Singapore (Finally!)

Post by sierra2469alpha » Fri, 22 Aug 2008 6:31 pm

valuable wrote:... my question is pretty simple .. just wnted to know how much salary can a IT professional with 2yrs of exp can earn per month.. that's it
And you don't know the value of a search engine on a forum? And you're in IT? Google and Cuil don't work for you? Maybe because you cannot write a posting without spelling mistakes, which in IT won't really stand you a very good chance of a role!

We're all volunteers here, so give us a break, ok!

Don't make other people do your work, friend. As I said, we're all happy to help once you've done your own research.

P

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests