Singapore Expats Forum

George Foreman Grills?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

ferrisld
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 29 Jun 2008

George Foreman Grills?

Postby ferrisld » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 1:44 pm

Does anyone know where to get a George Foreman Grill (or similar two-sided press grill)? Whenever I ask at storse I get blank stares, or they take me to the waffle iron/sandwich makers which aren't quite what I'm looking for. :)

Not sure if this is the right forum for this...but GF grills are for healthy cooking so I thought why not? :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 3:30 pm

When I started my diet back in January I looked high & low trying to find one. The closest you can get is from Australia and made by Breville. They are pretty good as well as the right voltage (George Foreman grills are 120V unless they are purchased in Australia (some places have them apparently). The Breville's are of excellent quality as well.

http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=207 but they aren't cheap!

I never did get one (either George Foreman or Breville) as shipping would have been prohibitive and I didn't know anybody who was willing to give up half their baggage allowance to bring me one back!

ferrisld
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 29 Jun 2008

Postby ferrisld » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 3:35 pm

The Breville looks great, thanks! How were you thinking of getting it shipped to Singapore? I'm looking for some sort of "online store" but don't see it on their website?

User avatar
positano
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed, 09 Jul 2008

Postby positano » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 4:02 pm

I have a George Foreman grill which i bought overseas. Its great but when used creates a lot of smoke and steam so best used in a well ventilated area or your home will have that stuffy cooking smell.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue, 22 Feb 2005
Location: Brunei

Postby Matney » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 7:48 pm

I haven't seen either the George Foreman or the Breville variety in Singapore or Australia. I did bring back from Australia a Breville sandwich maker that my teenagers love and probably use daily when off from school.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 9:36 pm

Matney, I guess I didn't word my first post too well. I meant I looked high & low for one here (but was unsuccessful) and to get one from Aus......

I've never been able to find one here and I'm still looking. CK Tangs carries some Breville items but no contact grillers. The new model I'd be willing to part with almost 150 Aus for but it weighs about 4 to 5 kg with packaging so it would cost around $100+ to ship it here from Aus (and I would hve to find somebody to buy it and ship it as I was never able to find an online store "That would ship internationally".

I'd still like to have either a GF or Breville. I like the GF's with the removable grills as they are easier to clean the the Breville unless you get the Ikon.

ferrisld
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun, 29 Jun 2008

Postby ferrisld » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:40 pm

Looks like I'm destined to go grill-less. :) So what did you use instead of the GF grill, SMS? Like you, I'm looking for one for the health benefits. :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:42 pm

I started frying my foods with a 50:50 mix of Balsamic Vinegar & water instead of oil in a regular non-stick frying pan. Still looking to buy one but the urgency is no longer there as I've finished my diet after loosing 26kg in 24 weeks. :wink:

User avatar
micknlea
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby micknlea » Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:22 pm

I haven't seen them anywhere here in Singapore.

Salton are the company that makes (?) the George Foreman grills. They do have an online shop in Australia, but I think it only sells to residents and not overseas. You can check it out anyway. www.salton.com.au

Alternatively perhaps the UK, at least the plugs will be the right sort! I know Amazon UK sell them, not sure if they will send to Singapore either though, perhaps worth checking out.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

noemie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 01 Sep 2008

Postby noemie » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 4:59 pm

Hello,

You could use the services of Vpost, by SingPost to order your George Foreman Grill.

Description from there website: (https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpostusa05/index.html)


vPOSTUSA is a service provided by Singapore Post, which allows you to shop at eligible and multiple U.S Merchant websites* at the same time and have your items consolidated¹ and delivered to your Singapore address. With vPOSTUSA service, you save much more as the shipping charges offered are lower than most international shipping providers and you can purchase items from sites that do not accept International Orders!

Basically, when you create an account with them, they will give you a VP number. If you want to shop on a US website that doesn't offer worldwide delivery, just give the Vpost address (in the US) and your VP number. SingPost will then forward the item to your Singapore address for a fee. The delivery charges are quiet high but the service is very handy. They offer similar services for Europe, Korea, New Zealand & China.

Anyway, I was looking for a George Foreman myself and they have a good selection on their ShopUSA website: http://vshopusa.vpost.com.sg/aom/shop.p ... ge_Foreman

Hope this helps!

Noemie

User avatar
resm
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri, 24 Jun 2005

Re: George Foreman Grills?

Postby resm » Thu, 01 Jan 2009 1:47 am

ferrisld wrote:Does anyone know where to get a George Foreman Grill (or similar two-sided press grill)? Whenever I ask at storse I get blank stares, or they take me to the waffle iron/sandwich makers which aren't quite what I'm looking for. :)

Not sure if this is the right forum for this...but GF grills are for healthy cooking so I thought why not? :)


I know this is a response to an old posting, but I just bought my Breville sandwich toaster today at jalan merah saga, the first shop at the beginning of the road when coming from holland road.

Have been looking all over town before finally finding what I wanted.

Base plate flat and top plate grilled.

Not cheap: S$ 345.- but its magic !
PROUT....the only way out !

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Jan 2009 2:40 pm

As a further update, CKTangs also has the Breville grill now. (At least during the pre-Xmas rush but it's damned expensive.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Jan 2009 3:03 pm

noemie wrote:Hello,

You could use the services of Vpost, by SingPost to order your George Foreman Grill.

Description from there website: (https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpostusa05/index.html)


vPOSTUSA is a service provided by Singapore Post, which allows you to shop at eligible and multiple U.S Merchant websites* at the same time and have your items consolidated¹ and delivered to your Singapore address. With vPOSTUSA service, you save much more as the shipping charges offered are lower than most international shipping providers and you can purchase items from sites that do not accept International Orders!

Basically, when you create an account with them, they will give you a VP number. If you want to shop on a US website that doesn't offer worldwide delivery, just give the Vpost address (in the US) and your VP number. SingPost will then forward the item to your Singapore address for a fee. The delivery charges are quiet high but the service is very handy. They offer similar services for Europe, Korea, New Zealand & China.

Anyway, I was looking for a George Foreman myself and they have a good selection on their ShopUSA website: http://vshopusa.vpost.com.sg/aom/shop.p ... ge_Foreman

Hope this helps!

Noemie


Have you actually order one yet? Be careful as those ordered from the US are for 120-120V usage and not the 220-240V used here in Singapore. You might have to use the vpost via Japan or vPost @Amazon.co.uk: http://vshopuk.vpost.com.sg/aom/shop.ph ... lth_Grills

I'm of mixed emotions about the new Georges of today with the removable plates (which makes cleaning a breeze) but apparently there is a lot of complaints about them not heating up properly and also the attachment mechanism does not seem to be all that secure. I might have to opt for a Breville or Cuisenart even thought they are a lot more expensive. Still mulling it over.....

User avatar
resm
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri, 24 Jun 2005

Postby resm » Thu, 01 Jan 2009 7:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As a further update, CKTangs also has the Breville grill now. (At least during the pre-Xmas rush but it's damned expensive.


and as a further update: I went to CK Tang on december 31. and they had no Breville Sandwich Toaster.

After checking out on the web, I called the shop (Pantry Magic) at Holland Village and voila, they had the Breville GR 820 (stainless steel) on stock.

Do a google (Breville 800GR BBQ Grill) to see how it looks.
PROUT....the only way out !

User avatar
Z13
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Z13 » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 4:25 pm

Digging up an old thread, been searching high and low for a GFG.

Anyone seen any pop up in their travels?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest