Singapore Expats

Work in the Fitness Industry??

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Lynchy

Work in the Fitness Industry??

Post by Lynchy » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 7:29 pm

Hello Everyone

I was hoping someone could help me or provide me with information regarding employment in Singapore

I'm from the UK & currently in the process of completing my Diploma in Fitness in Australia. Is it possible to find work in Singapore in the Fitness Industry - albeit with the right qualifications?

Many thanks

Joey

Biogentic

Re: Work in the Fitness Industry??

Post by Biogentic » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 1:22 am

Lynchy wrote:Hello Everyone

I was hoping someone could help me or provide me with information regarding employment in Singapore

I'm from the UK & currently in the process of completing my Diploma in Fitness in Australia. Is it possible to find work in Singapore in the Fitness Industry - albeit with the right qualifications?

Many thanks

Joey
possible but i think commercial gym like fitness first, california fitness might demand higher qualification but u can try singapore sports council. they have many gyms all around singapore called clubFITT, u could probably email them regarding you employment.

nowaydude

Post by nowaydude » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 2:02 pm

It seems like hot industry at the moment here, but you'd be much better off with a degree versus diploma. There are going to be a lot of local diploma holders in that field very soon to compete with.

Biogentic

Post by Biogentic » Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:10 pm

local diploma, i think there is only one polytechnic offering such dip that is temasek polytechnic.