Singapore Expats Forum

Irish female newbie, 23 and looking for friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
smurra85
Regular
Regular

It is that time again

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:42 am

Hey everyone! Since last week was a success I say we continue as we mean to go on (ie exactly the same as last week!) Meet everyone in Raffles Place MRT at 7 pm on Wednesday and then off for satay and a few beers at Lau Pa Sat and then off to insomnia for free flow yay.
Everyone welcome as always, especially the newbies. email is smurra85@yahoo.com. Hope to see you wednesday. Sally
Last edited by smurra85 on Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jen26

Postby jen26 » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:50 am

Right imight be able to come, but it depends how much work i have. Got to get up sooo early now for work but will let you know!! x

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:10 pm

Cool cool - worse case is you just make it for the satay and one beer! Would be great to see you and everyone needs a break especially one which is alcohol fuelled ;-)

hoon

New Frds?

Postby hoon » Tue, 09 Sep 2008 9:45 pm

Hey there ppl,

Looking for new frds?
I'm always up for that : )
I'm in the west, clementi to be exact.
Films, drinks, chill out, nature and exploring all is for me :), or just simply making new frds
Let me know yeah :)
Cheers
Hoon

kimtaymour
Regular
Regular

Postby kimtaymour » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:49 pm

Hi peeps, am also new in singapore... looking forward to make firends , for outing, movies , drinks and chill out

will be very happy to join the group when is the next outing ae?

do drop me an sms anytime u guys set it on 8433 3827
Best Record with the Most EP Rejected

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Weekly gathering

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 5:10 pm

Basically reminding you all that it is that time of the week again - wahoo, and arrangements for this Wednesday (17th) are pretty much as they always are....

Meeting in Raffles Place MRT at 7pm (OR Lau Pa Sat at 7.30 pm) - please message me to say where you are meeting us etc etc - I discover last week hungry people are NOT patient.

After satay and beer in LPS we are moving on to DBLO on Robertson Quay (that means free entry for us ladies!) to boogie on down.

Hope to see you all tomorrow... and as always newbies always welcome!! Email is smurra85@yahoo.com or pm me

Sally

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Surprise??!!

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:09 pm

Hi Everybody - guess what??? Its that time of the week again and no - we haven't got bored of it yet!

Meeting in Raffles Place MRT at 7pm and then make our way over to the hawker centre (Lau Pa Sat) for satay and cheap beer then its off to insomnia.

Aiming to reach Insomnia for the 9-9.30 mark to fully avail of free booze!! $20 entry and free drink from 9-12 for girls 9-11 for boys (for those of you who haven't been before). Realise I have reverted back to Insomnia but thought dblo every week is a little mean on the lads of the group. If anyone has anywhere else nearby with a good ladies'/drink night please let me know.

Ok so it 7pm, Wednesday 24th Sept, at Raffles MRT (by the turnstiles/main ticket office). or 7.30 for anyone who wants to meet us at Lau Pa Sat. please message to say if you are coming so I know who to wiat for at the MRT. Hope to see you wednesday

Everyone welcome especially newbies!

Sally

ocon

Postby ocon » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:04 pm

hey everyone, i know im a bit late on this convo but i noticed your 2nd catch up may not have been arranged. what's everyone up to this weekend? ive been here 5 weeks, f 23 from australia, finally have a weekend off work so definitely up for something if anyone else is ...

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Postby Shankar » Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:24 pm

Good way to keep a standard itenary. Will see if I can make it tomo.

vink
Regular
Regular

Postby vink » Wed, 24 Sep 2008 3:06 am

Will try to join up with you at lau pa sat since I work just beside lau pa sat.

popepopen

Postby popepopen » Fri, 26 Sep 2008 9:56 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here too. I missed the last gathering but I'd like to join next time. Could you fill me in if u're planning anything this weekend (sept 27-28) or next weekend (Oct 4-5).
My email: popepopen@hotmail.com
Phone: 9776 2034
Oh, and my name is Julien by the way, 25/m
Cheers

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Upcoming gathering

Postby smurra85 » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 9:27 am

We will be having a get together this coming Tuesday (30th) - we are meeting for a bite to eat around the 7 mark and then probably heading to somewhere like attica but that is tbc. Email is smurra85@yahoo.com if anyone wants to drop me a line

m_scofield

Postby m_scofield » Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:45 am

hope to join you guys on your next meeting. just pm me. specially if your going to clarke quay.

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Next gathering

Postby smurra85 » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 3:02 pm

Hey everyone - just to confirm details for tomorrow night (30th) since it is a public holiday on Wednesday it seemed to be a drinking opportunity no one wanted to miss so.....

Anyone who fancies dinner we are meeting in Lau Pa Sat at 7.30pm, I will be at Raffles Place MRT between 7 pm for anyone who wants to meet me there, by the tickets office/ turnstiles as normal.

Plan is to hit Azucar about 9 - 9.30. There is a large expat party being held there with a few good drinks offers (from what I can make out!) so it should be good fun.

Hope to see you all on tomorrow - you know where I am if there are any problems.

Sally

Dan_S

Postby Dan_S » Mon, 29 Sep 2008 5:53 pm

It was fun to meet and hang with you guys last week. I won't be able to make it tomorrow night, as I've scheduled some language lessons then :( but one my coworkers (he's from Germany, though I'm can't remember where now) might join in lieu. Have fun tomorrow! :D