Singapore Expats Forum

Irish female newbie, 23 and looking for friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 7:20 pm

I really don't know why you guys & gals don't avail yourselves of the WNDC or the FNDC. Been a staple around here for a long time and has produced quite amazing results from what I hear. With even a marriage thrown in as well from a meeting there.

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Sorry....

Postby smurra85 » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:40 am

Grr third time lucky making this post!! Sorry guys internet has been giving me a nightmare this weekend - which is why I haven't been back :( sorry. Anyway - time to make amends!! Meeting up sounds great - defo want to make the FNDC asap - with any luck this week but since most of us sound like the newest of the new how about a warm up session on the Thursday - any takers? Internet is at work - so I promise s time I will be replying :D!! Sally

dvj_cool

Postby dvj_cool » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 9:39 am

HI Sally.
count me in.. :D
If plan is for thursday.. then better freeze on the place and time at the earliest.
I am sure a lot of ppl will be comin...
:shock:

smurra85
Regular
Regular

I am gonna need help on the place....

Postby smurra85 » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:09 am

How about a time of 7.30??!! be impressed I am not usually this decisive! Haha - the place... I am gonna need help with.... we need to determine how lost everyone will get (if we are all newbies) and therefore how big and shiny the venue needs to be! (tbh this is for my benefit really - I have developed the habit of meeting people AT MRT stations to avoid the inevitable 'what is in front of you phone? *sigh* 'I'll come find you' phonecalls :D ) Sally xxxxx

dvj_cool

The Rupee room, Clarke Quay at 7:30 on thursday Aug 21, 2008

Postby dvj_cool » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:34 am

7:30 sounds ok...
as goes the place.. I dnt really think meting at the MRT is the best idea... I generally get lost. and with so many ppl around u dnt really know whom to talk to :???:

Now as far as my little experince with singapore goes.. I know only 1 place . clarke quay. dnt wanna bug u ppl by suggesting the same place ..but it has quite many a options to chose from..
Having said that I think dats 1 place in singapore u cnt miss specialy if u r a newbie :D

So if I may take the liberty of suggesting the place. The Rupee room, Clarke Quay at 7:30 on thursday Aug 21, 2008. Its right next to the taxi stand .. If ur in clarke u cnt miss it. The only reason I am suggesting this place is that it is easy to find :shock: and u surely cnt miss it.

If any 1 has a better idea pls post it. :wink:

Watt do u think ?? :???:

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:05 pm

Hey - have been quizzing the girls at work and they all tell me the Rupee Room is loud and clubby? Now I like a boogie as much as the next girl, but if we are all meeting for the first time surely somewhere a little more subdued where we can chat and have a few drinks is the answer? xxxx

dvj_cool

Postby dvj_cool » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:30 pm

All said n done.. I really donno all those details :roll:
I hv'nt been inside.
The only reason I mentioned the place is that its easy to find. :???: .
We can always go to another place. There r many places around where we can sit n chat. I donno the names. there is 1 hospital kinda place.. (outside seating).. I think dat shud be a fine place to sit n chat..

Watt do u think??

artjustsuck

Postby artjustsuck » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 2:14 pm

How bout that belgium bar down in Robertson Quay? Brussel something, i think. It's pretty relaxed.

dvj_cool

Postby dvj_cool » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 2:47 pm

ok..
Just post the complete address . and the map link.
I think this shud be ok with every 1. :wink:

artjustsuck

Postby artjustsuck » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 4:41 pm

i found out the name of the place!

BRUSSELS SPROUTS
80 Mohamed Sultan Road #01-12
The Pier@Robertson
Singapore 239013
www.brusselssprouts.com.sg

and here's the map for robertson walk
http://sg.shownearby.com/places/23gnu-d ... n_walk/map

so is that place okay for you guys?

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 4:57 pm

Aah, was about to say I'd join! Quite fancy somewhere in Robertson Quay rather than the many places in Clarke Quay I've been to over and over. then I remembered my lecture is 8-10pm on Thurs :(

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 5:13 pm

Sounds good but can't access map someone may have to meet me at the MRT station after all. Don't worry I will track it down - have officially done clarke quay for the moment so somewhere else would be cool - I agree with Nixxy. And you never know we might still be there at 10.30 (if we are really hardcore) - so no excuses!! hehe

dvj_cool

Postby dvj_cool » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 6:10 pm

Thanx artjustsuck for taking the effort to find the address.
will surely be there..around 7:30. :D

just 1 querry..how do we know whom to meet.. :roll:
guessing around ppl in the bar..I suppose wudnt b the best idea.. :cool:

any thots????

smurra85
Regular
Regular

I stick out

Postby smurra85 » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 7:57 pm

Don't know how obvious I am in a more expat dominant scene but I have shoulder length red hair so I tend to stick out in a crowd - if that is any help :oops: . You just need to get me there xxxx

dvj_cool

Postby dvj_cool » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 8:02 pm

hehe.
dats a pretty distinct identity .. iam pretty sure u will stand out. :x
will try to find u there.. so cu on thursday.
tc