Singapore Expats

tiny bluish veins

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
laila

tiny bluish veins

Post by laila » Wed, 13 Aug 2008 2:13 pm

can someone help ? im getting these small tiny bluish veins at the back of my knee........looked it up on the internet i think they are called spider veins.. does anyone have them too and what is the treatment for it? has anyone got it professionally treated.?.... been trying oils and creams but im pretty sure it does not work.....
really worried! :cry:
thx

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Aug 2008 3:54 pm

The are the precursors to varicose veins. there is nothing you can do about them. Women often get them as a result of pregnancy or being overweight, or both. As they are actually veins all the creams and lotions and potions in the world will not do anything for them as they only treat the skin and not the blood vessels beneath.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Post by drusilla » Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:14 pm

they could also be due to prolonged standing...

whats your job? if it requires prolong standing, you might consider using support stockings during work, to prevent them from getting worse.

there is actually a kind of injection that can dissolve or reduce it (not sure if its the correct term though).

You might want to consult a vascular doctor about it. :wink:

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:30 am

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 08 Oct 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 7:04 am

Yeah, there is the surgery option, but that is for varicose veins. I don't think they will do invasive surgery for spidery veins as they are too small. But today, who knows. After reading the PS threads for the little stuff people will do.......... :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”