Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some new frends.. need help!!!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
asdf

Looking for some new frends.. need help!!!

Postby asdf » Mon, 11 Aug 2008 4:03 pm

HI everyone,

I am 25 m, moved to Singapore a month back. I am looking forward to meet ppl to hang around on weekends. We can go for a drink or clubbing.
Pls let me know if any 1 wudd be interested!!!

bebe le chotchkey

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:10 pm

k :D
Last edited by bebe le chotchkey on Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Little gathering

Postby smurra85 » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 4:59 pm

Hey guys I am organising a little get together tomorrow (thurs 21st) at Robertson Quay if you are interested. Shouldn't be many of us and we are all pretty new to Singapore. It is just for a few drinks and a chat. My email is smurra85@yahoo.com is you want to drop me a line Sally xx

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 5:03 pm

Hi new people and welcome to both Singapore and these forums...

Have a look through the site as you'll find many people set up activities on a weekly basis - Fridays and Wednesdays are good example - look for FNDC and WNDC.

The search function up on the right should help you out!

Once again, welcome!

P & C

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:17 pm

HI guys

happy to know someone is arranging get together

Will try to join you all

kenji77

hang out

Postby kenji77 » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:28 pm

Hi peeps. Let's organize something this weekend. Im a foreigner as well and pretty familiar with Singapore. I have been to the best and worse. Decent and dodgy places.

This is how I usually spend my Saturdays :cool:

Jog or blade at the beach
get some good dimsum for lunch
Catch a movie
Coffee and chat with friends
grab some good dinner somewhere
Hit the club. ( usually cark quay or emeraldhill for drinking ) depends on what kind of crowd you prefer.
Supper ( I've tried bah ku teh in balestier and its good or geylang )
Hit the sack and sleep the whole Sunday
:???:

You see. There's nothing much to do here. Its the kind of people you hang out with that made me stay here for 5 years!!!! mostly foreigners. Some singaporeans can be accomodating at first. But iw won't last long so you gotta find buddies who are up to anything and are not to tired and stressed after work.

PM me or send me a mail miokonisuru@yahoo.com if you wanna hang out. I kinda been a tour guide for the past few weeks because my friends from LA came over.

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:59 pm

lade at the beach...now this is something I need to try! I'm a roller skater, but I've never tried blading and I think I'd be terrible. But it'd be fun and I want to learn :)

Where's Emerald Hill? That's one place I've not been yet.

kenji77

RE:

Postby kenji77 » Wed, 27 Aug 2008 2:25 pm

Emerald Hill is just opposite somerset mrt. It has a couple of pubs inside like the famous Ice Cold beer. Acid bar, No.5 and Que pasa.

Nice place to chill out. If you like music Acid is the place. They have some acoustic bands playing rock, pop music. No 5 is a European-style pub which serves shelled peanuts for free. And you can actually liter the shells on the floor wihout getting fined.,and interestingly it adds to the uniquely rustic and unassuming flavour of the place. They serve good fried chicken wings. ( most locals says its the best but its just a normal fried chicken wing for me ) pizzas are defenitley good.

If you guys are free after work or school. We can chill there. Just let me know.

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 2:08 am

Aaah, now I remember Emerald Hill! I knew I'd heard of it. I went to No. 5 when I was here in September...I just found a nice sounding place in my guide book and went along on my own for a beer. Got some odd looks :) Yeah, it's be nice to go there again.

kenji77

nixxy

Postby kenji77 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 9:39 am

sounds good. When are you free nixxi ?

vinc_via

Re: nixxy

Postby vinc_via » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 1:29 pm

hey kenji/nixxy,

can i join in too if you guys are meeting up today?? been in Singapore for 2 years... new job is very relaxing which gives me opportunity to meet new people and explore places!

Hope to catch up :-)

kenji77

meet up

Postby kenji77 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 1:51 pm

Hi guys. Let's get at least 4 or more confirmations before 6pm today so we can all meet up.

Orchard would be convinient for everyone and there are more choices for the venue.

We can just chill, smoke and have a cup of coffee. Have a casual chat or maybe bitch about work.( Im good at it ) haha.

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 2:21 pm

(Apparently I'm famous for posts like this...) I can't do today I'm afraid...lecture 8-10pm!

Booked up most of the weekend also, with something I shall start a new post about in a minute :) Please read and feel free to join :)

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Legend!!

Postby smurra85 » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 3:06 pm

Nixxy, nixxy hahaha - you are a flipping legend!! xxxx

Minjee

Postby Minjee » Thu, 28 Aug 2008 8:58 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.
Can I join you guys for chilling session? =)
An eye for an eye makes everyone blind.