Singapore Expats Forum

Urgently require English Native Teacher

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Postby guest » Wed, 27 Oct 2004 8:13 pm

Ahh..at last, you took the words right out of my mouth! The key phrase here is "read between the lines". I am American, dare I say Caucasian, and must add most people I encounter in Singapore speak English very well, however they use a lot of local slang. Accent is also very important and varies greatly between "native" and "non-native" speakers. I would no sooner study Chinese from a "Caucasian" who happened to live in China. I agree with you and say respect the wishes of the parent and carry on with your jobsearch.

Cherry has a bad attitude

Postby Cherry has a bad attitude » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:26 pm

Cherry - I think you have a real attitude problem - no wonder your career has stagnated and you are so......... bitter.

Get real girl, its not a 'colour of skin thing' - what century are you living in?

Singapore is a truly multicultural society and you really should stop playing the race card everytime you encounter a glitch in life. Just accept that you are not yet good enough and try a little harder next time.

By any chance have you been spurned by an ang moh in the past?