Singapore Expats Forum

FNDC: 8th August @ The Dubliner from 8.30PM

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
morton
Regular
Regular

FNDC: 8th August @ The Dubliner from 8.30PM

Postby morton » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:58 am

Yet another late post - yet another Irish Pub. I blame turning 40 for the tardiness, and my Grandmother for the Irishness, although as Father Ted used to say, it might be just coz I'm a big Eejiot :mrgreen:

Address: 165 Penang Road (Winsland Conservation House)
In between Killiney Road and Oxley Road.
http://www.dublinersingapore.com

Nearest MRT: Somerset - 1 block - walk back down Penang Road (ie against the traffic)

Nearest Bus Stop: right out the front! All buses going along Penang Road should stop there.

I don't know how many people are keen for an FNDC tonight, or how many will stay home to watch an unspecified sporting event's opening ceremony, but I was never big on ceremony, so I'll be there, and if no-one else shows up then I'll call myself Nigel-No-Friends and talk to my beer. Most of you who know me won't really be able to tell the difference :-({|=

If you can't find us when you get there, ask at the bar or call me on 81369224. I haven't made a booking tonight, but I'll give the manager a call this arvo to let him know we're coming. His name is Timmy and he's as crazy as I used to be :lol:
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 12:05 pm

I have no TV so I will be there!!

dvj_cool

Postby dvj_cool » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 12:49 pm

may be a little late but will surely b there.

Bia

Postby Bia » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 2:49 pm

I think I'll make it! After a thought, I rather watch the ceremony taking place in my glace of beer!
Scipio

morton
Regular
Regular

Postby morton » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 4:44 pm

Righto - have just spoken with "TIMMY" (I can't say that name without placing the South Park emphasis - apologies to any locals who have never seen South Park, but your government deems it a "not socially responsible" show).

Anyhoops - back to the story - "TIMMY" says the opening ceremony will be shown at the pub. I've let him know that there will be a few people lobbing in tonight, but failed to mention the FNDC tag. (Hello Alzheimers). I'll try to get there earlier than 8.30 and let him know that some guy called Craig has been impersonating Morton and that we are all one big happy FNDC family. Usually a bit too happy by the end of the night.

PS. I've just been told I should have called it ONDC but it's too late for that. So instead, to mark the auspicious occasion we will be having a competition to see who can drink 8 pints in 8 minutes and remain standing for 8 seconds.

PPS. We won't really be having a competition. I'll get in trouble.

PPPS. I don't really know if the SG government has banned South Park but I've never seen it here so I'm assuming. They won't chuck an old man like me into Changi for assuming, will they?

(/end rant)
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

Kitten Heel
Regular
Regular

Postby Kitten Heel » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 5:20 pm

Morton, I think you're right. I don't think they showed South Park here. Apparently they even stop showing Prison Break because of Mah Selamat.

Will be there because I refuse to work OT on another Friday night. See you later.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Sat, 09 Aug 2008 9:38 pm

Shame I missed this thread, I'm staying just down from the dubliner.

The stuff I'm shipping over from the UK includes 3 south park box sets, hope they don't confiscate them!! :cry: I guess I just have to respect their authoritie :lol:

artjustsuck

Postby artjustsuck » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 6:15 pm

Whoaaa, i missed it! I just joined this forum like today, wish i found this out sooner. So is there going to be another FNDC tomorrow? If yes, count me in please. Would love to meet new people, just moved here for about 3 weeks.

asdf

Postby asdf » Thu, 14 Aug 2008 6:29 pm

hey guys ..
where's the party tomorrow??
I d love to join in..