Singapore Expats Forum

Cote d'Azure - Security Guard

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Currymeister
Regular
Regular

Postby Currymeister » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:34 am

One areshole at Cote d'Azure security box, one arsehole on the Cote d'Azure security box thread. Wonder who that is?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 3:43 pm

I must admit I agree wirh Mr V and SMS that the security guard was just going by the book, probably no excuse for the rudness but if as the OP said, the agent got been bit shirty with the guard what do you expect.

A few years ago the security at condos used to be a joke, many times I would go and visit friends at various condos and just walk in past the security gate and just reel off the apartment number. In some cases the side gates would be propped open!

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 3:47 pm

Wholeheartedly agree, Saint, however apros pros our post, your second paragraph is still happening today - well at least in our complex! Admittedly we still have some minor final construction work going on, but IMHO, that's all the more reason for them to be vigilant. Pleasant as our guards might be, I'm thinking it's time to chat with the building managers.

Cheers, P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 3:51 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:Admittedly we still have some minor final construction work going on, but IMHO, that's all the more reason for them to be vigilant. Pleasant as our guards might be, I'm thinking it's time to chat with the building managers.

Or you could move to Cote D'Azure. The guard there is proven! :wink:

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 4:08 pm

LOL, WIMH!

I seem to be getting yelled at enough 'round these parts! :?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 4:22 pm

sierra2469alpha wrote:I seem to be getting yelled at enough 'round these parts! :?

Why, are you European? :P

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 4:36 pm

Stick WIMH on the gate and not even the residents would get in!

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 4:37 pm

Saint wrote:Stick WIMH on the gate and not even the residents would get in!

:lol: :lol:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 4:48 pm

Saint wrote:Stick WIMH on the gate and not even the residents would get in!

Shoo! Away with you! :tongue:

EastCoastFun

Postby EastCoastFun » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 6:26 pm

Lol... that had us laughing!

Okay, we'll let you in but only if you make the proper bows, treat as godlings and bring tastey biscuits. Well, even if you just bring the biscuits we might no shoo you away!

What flavor?

-- now we are looking for a good wine shop in the east coast area... any suggestions? (really, not kidding - wine, not whine)

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 6:36 pm

ECF - denisewine.com.sg are ok - they home deliver.

Hope you have found our postings helpful!

Cheers, P & C

EastCoastFun

Postby EastCoastFun » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 6:41 pm

Sierra - yes, both therapeutic and practical! Thank you all!

margt

Postby margt » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:01 pm

EastCoastFun

I happened to be there on Monday night and witnessed your sorry episode. Luckily for you and everyone else on this forum, I can give an exact account of what I and other residents saw and it differs somewhat from yours.

What I witnessed was an extremely arrogant and aggressive person abusing another person for doing his job. Do you remember shouting down the guys throat and pointing your finger and hands in his face, and transferring your saliva in the process? And what did the guy do? Took it all in his stride and fulfilled his duties in the most admirable fashion without any counter aggression.

I have never witnessed such an ABUSIVE, THREATENING and INTIMIDATING verbal attack on another person such as I witnessed on Monday night.

You may have noticed that there were many people gathered around the entrance to Cote D'Azur whilst this was happening. You should have known that you over stepped the mark and were completely in the wrong when the crowed were heckling you and telling you to go away with 'we don't want you living here'.

Your lucky the police didn't arrive whilst you were still there because you would have been arrested on the spot without doubt, considering the amount of witnesses.

I admire your wife’s bravery for returning the next day to make a complaint to the management office. As such, I've been rounding up residents who were there that night to give our statement of events and our 100% backing to our security guard for doing an A1 job under the abuse you delivered.

Quote:
'The 'all Europeans are babies' part wasn't as bad as the 'shoo, away with you'. We were totally embarrassed by this. Really, we'd showered and everything so we weren't unclean or dodgy looking'.

I would say that you are unclean, in the sense of the verbal abuse you dished out. So maybe before leaving your house and office, you should consider showering your mouth because what I witnessed coming out of it was utterly disgusting.

I think it would be decent a thing if you could admit to yourself that these were the facts of the event. You could then make your way down to Cote D'Azur to apologize to our security guard for doing his job properly.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:24 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:Vaucluse - if you're searching for an argument, look elsewhere from us.

It simply will not happen.

We used the word "interestingly", because it is interesting that one property uses different security. Did we say we were happy with our security? No. Did we say they were nice guys - Yes. Slightly different.

If you require everything spelled out for you, then fight your fight elsewhere and with someone else. Some of us won't give you your entertainment.

C & P

What the hell is wrong with you . . . someone disagrees and you et all defensive - as we saw with whacking cutiebutie with a sucker-punch. Yes, you did speak in the positive - make up your mind. You are for strict policing, you are against it. Don't be for it in one instance and against it in another.

Again you speak for others, or am I misinterpreting the 'we' as well - - - mate, get a life and accept that others don't have the same opinions and are willing to voice it.

Addadude, please read the sentence again, you are saying that you wouldn't be happy if the guards were preventing guards from viewing the place.
The guard needs to do his job, whether or not hat helps or hinders someone else' requirements.

I'm not saying that this guy went overboard - but also look at the the OP - first time poster . . . you've been around long enough.

'nuff said Image

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:40 am

edited for double-posting, but adding the following:

margt:
What I witnessed was an extremely arrogant and aggressive person abusing another person for doing his job. Do you remember shouting down the guys throat and pointing your finger and hands in his face, and transferring your saliva in the process? And what did the guy do? Took it all in his stride and fulfilled his duties in the most admirable fashion without any counter aggression.

I have never witnessed such an ABUSIVE, THREATENING and INTIMIDATING verbal attack on another person such as I witnessed on Monday night.

Oh dear, you mean what the OP wrote was not God's honest truth? It, it, it can't be - he's white!!!!!!!!!!!

But let us all jump on the bandwagon and castigate this guard - probably just an Indian anyway - down with them, I say!!!

Arrogant prat.
Last edited by Vaucluse on Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

'nuff said Image