Singapore Expats Forum

Olympic Opening Ceremony Watching Party

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Renewed
Regular
Regular

Join?

Postby Renewed » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 1:22 pm

Group Strategy: Divide into smaller groups :)

As singapore expat mentioned I don't want to watch in the background....
So I can have few people at my home or I can visit your place too... if you are interested to join email me rb(dot)india(at)gmail.com

By the way I'm in Jurong East.

singaporexpat

Postby singaporexpat » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 3:40 pm

Hey all, sorry for the week of silence-- for whatever reason, I stopped getting updates from the site and thought the topic had died. I'm happy to see that there's some definite interest in watching the ceremony, and I hope it's not too late to put something together.

I've just made a reservation for FIVE people for 7:30 at BREWERKZ-- the river rd location right near the Clarke Quay MRT station. I don't know who the five people will be, or if there will be more than that, but that's as big a reservation as I was willing to make without knowing for certain that there would be more people than just me.

The reservation is under the name "Michael," and I specified that I wanted a table facing the TV, so hopefully that all works out.

If you guys post and tell me that you're definitely coming, that would be great, and if many people rsvp, I can potentially adjust the reservation. You can also email me directly at mrw32@georgetown.edu.

Happy Friday Afternoon.

gavink

Postby gavink » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 5:02 pm

FNDC this week is at a bar that's showing the opening ceremony. Go read http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic52031.html

Cheers,

Gavin

singaporexpat

Postby singaporexpat » Fri, 08 Aug 2008 5:37 pm

Ahhh, thanks for that Gavin. I have made it to FNDC the last two weeks and really do enjoy it, but I'm afraid I have put certain events into motion at Brewerkz that can't be stopped. I'll likely see you at FNDC next week though, wherever it may be.

Renewed
Regular
Regular

Tennis Fans...

Postby Renewed » Sun, 10 Aug 2008 5:20 pm

So what u make of the opening ceremony? It's World's talk-this-week isn't?
I think some of you follow tennis and if anyone interested in watching the gold medal match, let me know...
Men's Tennis Single's Sunday Aug 17th at 4 PM
Of course, if there is no Federer or Nadal we will think abt it :)

ngkahhui
Regular
Regular

Postby ngkahhui » Sat, 16 Aug 2008 2:38 pm

it is Nadal Vs GOnzalez

the outing still on ?

Renewed
Regular
Regular

Just saw it...

Postby Renewed » Sun, 17 Aug 2008 2:39 pm

...carry on...I dont know how this match wd be...