maid for transfer - $ave on agt fees

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
gvyong

maid for transfer - $ave on agt fees

Post by gvyong » Sat, 02 Aug 2008 7:31 am

hi all

my Filipino maid is available for transfer to another family, with effect from end Aug 08 onwards.

she is experienced in the Phillippines and Lebanon, and is good with toddlers and children. she has looked after my 1st kid from 6mths to 1 year, so she has been with me for six months.

she has excellent hygiene and is neat and meticulous in her work.

i hope to seek a new employer for her in Singapore, preferably expatriate. she had done well in my opinion (i am a HR practitioner) but my wife has a differing opinion.

direct employer-to-employer transfers can save both employers and the maid from unnecessary maid agency fees. the process only involves a reasonable amount of paperwork and all the information is found on the Ministry of Manpower website (www.mom.gov.sg)

maid agents tell you a lot of scare stories and sell snake oil (IMHO) to persuade them to use their services for transfers. all unnecessary unless you are hiring a new maid from overseas into Singapore (in which case paperwork may be overwhelming)

the best way to decide for yourself is to meet her. i can also send you her bio-data. pls drop me an email.

thank you
gvyong@yahoo.com

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Sat, 02 Aug 2008 1:22 pm

you should also post in the classified section on this site under domestic services. a lot of people look there for helpers.

gvyong

Post by gvyong » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:36 pm

just an update since i last dealt with this issue.

at her request, we sent her back to her agency to seek a new employer.

last i heard, she's with a family that has a 7 y.o. kid.

the lesson learnt is past experience with toddlers does not mean a maid would want to continue taking care of toddlers, even with incentives.

as a dad, i know - its tough work.

welcome to the Generation Z of maids all looking for an easy living!