Singapore Expats Forum

Any scandinavians or other europeans outhere?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
ninabc

Any scandinavians or other europeans outhere?

Postby ninabc » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:12 pm

Hi everybody
I just moved to singapore 1 month ago and have heard that there is a fair few scandinavians here, so thought i would try to find some to hang out with...
About me, I'm a 24-year-old female staying in singapore for about 2 years
I'm originally from Sweden but have spent the last 10 years in Denmark.
I'm married to an australian and will probably head that way after singapore
Hope to hear from you

ninabc

Postby ninabc » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:21 pm

I have also heard about a danish community in singapore. does anyone know anything about that?h

jezzman
Regular
Regular

Postby jezzman » Mon, 04 Aug 2008 9:41 am

Hi there... My wife and I are both Danish. My Grandfather was Swedish :) We know a few Danish people here and a few Swedes actually. The Danish Community here is pretty much tied up through the Danish Seamen's Church. I have never been there though so can't tell you much about it. Here's a link to some infomation on it.

http://www.dkchurch.com/Englishcorner/Englishcorner.htm

If you want to we could go for a cup of coffee with our better halves? :)
Me, fail English?
But nooo, that's unpossible....

AngMoh in Asia

Postby AngMoh in Asia » Wed, 06 Aug 2008 3:58 pm

Hi - yeah there are tons of scandinavians kicking about in Singapore. (I'm one of them) I'm Swedish, but i don't really hang out very much in the Scandinavian community.

But a really good way of meeting other Swedes is to join the Young Proffesionals. Its part of the Swedish Business Association, aimed at ages 20 - 35+ who are living and working here. They organise lots of networking nights etc etc. And regularly organise events with the Danish and Norwegian Business Association. Contact the Swedish Embassy and they will point you in the right direction!

Good Luck!

ninabc

Postby ninabc » Sun, 10 Aug 2008 9:20 pm

Wow i had totally given up checking on this thread but looks like there's a few of us out there after all. Anyone for a coffee? :-)

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Wed, 13 May 2009 10:50 am

Hi Nina,

I know this is a pretty old thread but I've just moved to Singapore a month ago and am looking to meet people my age to hang out with. I am a easy-going and friendly 25 year-old Finnish girl and I am about to start working here. Meeting up for a coffee/drinks would be nice, I can still meet up during the day before I start working.

Cheers,
Tarja

eileen18

Postby eileen18 » Fri, 15 May 2009 3:05 pm

Hi Tarja and all other scandis/europeans,

I'm 26 year old girl (not scandi but north european!), just arrived in Singapore this week and looking for other girls to hang out with while fiance is at work. Not working right now so am also free daytime. You can PM me or email at chocolate47@hotmail.com

arahim

Looking for Danish contacts in Singapore

Postby arahim » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 5:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I am actually looking for Danish contacts living/working in Singapore, for a work request. If you're interested to know more, please DM me, or email: adilah.rahim@gmail.com

Looking forward to connect with you!